Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance: Drug Flashback

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'd REALLY like to see some kind of virtual slice, a showcase of game mechanics first.
Pretty pictures and tasty promises are not enough.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I pledged $25, due to this (and DRM free option which is a necessary condition):
Flashback will be using the same mechanics for the tactical layer as Jagged Alliance 2. We are NOT dumbing anything down or replacing complexity with simplicity.

I might be convinced to go higher.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Count me as a believer : the day after i complained they seemed too vague and might wanna go the new X-COM way, they made a very clear update stating they would keep JA2's gameplay and not change what isn't broken.

Now my main worry is to know if they can be up to the task of creating a campaign that mixes flavor, cheesiness and seriousness as well as JA2's. Especially since their past work isn't that great.
Then again the same could be said of the Chaos Chronicles guys, and they seem to have the Codex's vote of confidence...

PS : Burning Bridges, your poll lacks a "definitely" option.

spectre

Arcane
I give my monies when I see things, none of it goes for wishful thinking. A good proof of concept or a prmising alpha version is the bare bones for me.
I don't have much confidence in Full Control and I am not sure if they're not going to be fucked over by the licensing contact.
I am extremely butthurt with Bitcomposer to boot.

Finally, it doesn't help that Full Control guys seem pretty bad at communicating their shit and I have a sneaking suspicion that it will fail unless they pull some sort of a cunning stunt. They MAY reach the target goal, but everyone knows that 350,000 is not enough to pull a proper remake.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
everyone knows that 350,000 is not enough to pull a proper remake.

Pretty much this, 300k is an indie level budget and that makes me worried.
Now I don't have anything against indie games whatsoever, on the contrary, but it's one thing to make a brand new indie game, and very another thing to indie-ize an IP of the Jagged Alliance calibre.
I guess fans would have similard doubts if dev like Full Control had announced a spiritual successor to PS:T with a 300k budget target.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Did pledge, will follow the kickstarter with utmost attention and might remove it if it sounds sucky.
Thankfully the devs seems to have their priorities straight now (as in they're talking with the bear's pit and the original devs)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Pledged, of course. Kickstarter is risky player-investment. All we have is usually words. And these words:

Flashback will be using the same mechanics for the tactical layer as Jagged Alliance 2. We are NOT dumbing anything down or replacing complexity with simplicity.

is about all I want to hear.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
i want to see something tangible from the Devs before i decide between poll options. :(

Cassidy

Arcane
Reposting a rhetorical question:

Would you pledge to a Kickstarter claimed to be for a Hardcore Turn-Based CRPG if it had Todd Howard as the project leader?

Because from the past works done by the men involved in this one, it's almost as bad as that.

There is making bets and there is making bets with the cards obviously rigged against your odds and you being too stupid or desperate to not realize it.

Jashiin

Arcane
For my taste the mood is much too negative. Unlike the BiA guys they seem to have the intention to really please the fans, I even sense that bitcomposer wants to make reparations. And to some extent the talk about modern audiences is justified - a 2014 game should not play exactly like a 1998 one.

The things I am mostly concerned about is their budget and their talent.

How about if Bitcomposer wants to make reparations they fund the fucking game ? They had no problem fucking up their first try and financing a turd on purpose.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Being out of the loop on this - what happened to Shadowrun?

First they took out the inventory.
Second they removed the ammo management.
Third they decided to make DLCs only accessible through steam which has repercussions for modding.
Fourth, checkpoints.

A succession of things I don't want to hear.

Both have teams of unknown capabilities. Both might have budgetary issues.

spectre

Arcane
Seems like it, I remember the Shadowrun video reminded me a lot of the new SEXCUM.

MetalCraze

Arcane
First they took out the inventory.
Second they removed the ammo management.
Third they decided to make DLCs only accessible through steam which has repercussions for modding.
Fourth, checkpoints.

EVIL PUBLISHER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom