Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jaesun moves threads at random.

meh

Educated
Why does the board is titled First Person Shooters, when by definition they should be Third Person Shooters? If you want to be anal about it, then do it properly.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It is - philosophically speaking - first person, because you are Commander Shepard due to the EMOTIONAL ENGAGEMENT.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No need to speculate, Ed. Jaesun is a valued, talented employee who has been with RPG Codex for many years and we hope will be with us for many more. All of us at RPG Codex support and will continue to support Jaesun fully, and are happy to see so many people out there are also supporting him during this difficult time.

END OF RHINE
<---------------------- RHINE ENDS HERE

Achilles

Arcane
One man tries to make a difference and the establishment crushes him. Figures. Don't fret Jaesun, you live to fight another day :hug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I was going to vote Skyway, but if Ed likes him he must be shit. :itisknown:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Well, I'm glad DU finally cracked down on this as Jaesun's behavior was getting annoying. I hope the First Person Shooter subforum is a joke though, as there are obviously games which aren't first person shooters but aren't rpgs either.

Expecting DU to break any moment now.

I hope the First Person Shooter subforum is a joke though, as there are obviously games which aren't first person shooters but aren't rpgs either.

DarkUnderlord said:
Banned Dicksmoker. Anchovies. Electrical pigs swimming in moonlight. I am emperor. Rainbow nuggets are not sold at KFC. Leprechaun mugged yesterday. Pepperoni Pentium system.

Cassidy

Arcane
When are we going to donate for the bullied gays foundation ?

I nominate Skyway for First Person Shooters forum obviously.

Now that we're into that, I also think Retardoland needs a new moderator because POOPER has been inactive. Not sure whether I should nominate racofer or sgc_meltdown for the honor.

Micmu

Magister
Finally, proper forum names to avoid confusion. Keep them!

:bro:

Also, recent trend is to have no stats and call them RPGs, too. Soon the forum should be renamed to "games with movies and menu".

Shannow

Waster of Time
Finally, proper forum names to avoid confusion. Keep them!

:bro:

Also, recent trend is to have no stats and call them RPGs, too. Soon the forum should be renamed to "games with movies and menu".
Somebody already mentioned dialogue-heavy shooters. But all those games have stats. They're just often hidden to avoid confusing the players :troll:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Well, I'm glad DU finally cracked down on this as Jaesun's behavior was getting annoying. I hope the First Person Shooter subforum is a joke though, as there are obviously games which aren't first person shooters but aren't rpgs either.

League of Legends and DotA2 are very, very clearly FPSes.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
How high Mario can jump is a stat as well, and he can level up by eating shrooms and flowers and shit, and all the koopas or whatever they're called have level drain attacks which is ripped straight from D&D, really this shit is RPG as fuck

MetalCraze

Arcane
Mass Effect fan said:
If there is one reason that this game is great, it's because of the storyline. If you took all of the gameplay out of this, and made it into a cinematic movie, it would still be amazing. The attention to detail, and the ability to keep previous decisions has allowed this game to advance beyond a mere RPG, and into a full interactive cinematic experience.

Jaesun was right by moving it. Mass Effect surpassed RPGs.

cinematic movie

owSYl.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Mass Effect fan said:
If there is one reason that this game is great, it's because of the storyline. If you took all of the gameplay out of this, and made it into a cinematic movie, it would still be amazing. The attention to detail, and the ability to keep previous decisions has allowed this game to advance beyond a mere RPG, and into a full interactive cinematic experience.

Jaesun was right by moving it. Mass Effect surpassed RPGs.

Excelsior!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was waiting at the traffic light and this chink and a cracker were talking:
chink: Mass Effect 3 is coming up, it is an action rpg.
cracker: So is it an rpg or action game?
chink: The first game is rpg, but the second is more action.

This made me think of Jaesun and the Codex.
Isn't a random conversation wonderful?

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Jaesun does fine, even his haters know this, however deep inside.

I was waiting at the traffic light and this chink and a cracker were talking:
chink: Mass Effect 3 is coming up, it is an action rpg.
cracker: So is it an rpg or action game?
chink: The first game is rpg, but the second is more action.

This made me think of Jaesun and the Codex.
Isn't a random conversation wonderful?

Admit it, you heard this conversation at Gamestop Mass Effect 3 midnight launch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom