Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JA2 REMAKE

deuxhero

Arcane
P.C. dislike everything. I could use some examples.\

Oh right, there is that butch lesbian in the crime town. That's about it though.

Achilles

Arcane
I think it looks nice. It may not be a cutting edge 3d engine, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I hope other old games get remakes too, for me the biggest problem is low resolutions which make the games look really ugly when playing on a big monitor.

MetalCraze

Arcane
JA2 looks fine with 1.13 which adds 1024x768 res at 20". Ideally it should've had something like Drog's res patch for Arcanum though. But with where 1.13 is going I don't think we will have it

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Actually the interessting part in that pcgames review is: "Auffällig war, dass das Remake wahrscheinlich nicht die Komplexität des Originals besitzen wird."

Basically saying that they are loosing complexity.
Complexity compared to unmodded JA that is.
So really not that much to look forward to :/

Tycn

Savant
Conkrete Knight said:
Taken from PST's visionary statement: "..casting a spell that teleports an opponent‟s scrotum into his stomach to get digested."
I googled this and fucking came.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Tycn said:
Conkrete Knight said:
Taken from PST's visionary statement: "..casting a spell that teleports an opponent‟s scrotum into his stomach to get digested."
I googled this and fucking came.

Most people on the codex should read that document.
Enlightening to say the least.

zeitgeist

Magister
ricolikesrice said:
Also they removed some things from the characters that were quite racist and might be considered insulting nowadays

... isnt that lovely ? :lol:
Can't think of one single thing that wasn't absolutely appropriate for the setting. Or are they talking about the kind of "non-racism" that leads to things like removing American-enemy-du-jour and replacing them with the current one (brownish people of vague Middle Eastern origin)?

Conkrete Knight said:
Actually the interessting part in that pcgames review is: "Auffällig war, dass das Remake wahrscheinlich nicht die Komplexität des Originals besitzen wird."

Basically saying that they are loosing complexity.
Complexity compared to unmodded JA that is.
So really not that much to look forward to :/
Oh well, so much about that then.

michiev

Novice
Elzair said:
Nothing to see here; just some third world bullshit.

Wow elzair, i've only been on this site for less than ten minutes and i already hate you.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
The butch lesbian, the femme gay guy, the bordello with sex-slave, the stupid American tourist couple, the swindling local, Hamous talking like a retard could be offensive to some, many M.E.R.C mercs also, Steroid/Fidel/Bubba from AIM with their comments - the politically correct crowd would have a blast. And let's not forget head-shots, pools of blood and partially rotten corpses with ravens pecking them.

In any case, there is a 1% that it will be good and 99% that it'll be shit, especially if Conkrete Knight's quote is correct - and considering the modern market, it sounds very plausible.

deuxhero

Arcane
An evil run evil place having sex slaves is offensive?

They're evil! I am at a loss as to have villains that don't do anything villainous.

And M.E.R.C. is meant to be a collection of dumbasses (who else is going to take a job getting shot at despite having next to no talent at combat?).

Well they announced it is dumbed down, so nothing to see here.

zool

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
The butch lesbian, the femme gay guy, the bordello with sex-slave, the stupid American tourist couple, the swindling local, Hamous talking like a retard could be offensive to some, many M.E.R.C mercs also, Steroid/Fidel/Bubba from AIM with their comments - the politically correct crowd would have a blast. And let's not forget head-shots, pools of blood and partially rotten corpses with ravens pecking them..

*reinstalling JA2*

hal900x

Augur
Simply does not matter whether the new one is any good or not, because it will still have to be compared to JA2 1.13. That being the best TB tactical combat game ever made. The disclaimer is, I use a year-old build of 1.13...I've been hearing it's gotten over-ambitious of late. But that is beside my point.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just the new portraits make the graphics update way too gay to consider. And then you have neutered humour too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom