Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JA2 REMAKE

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Just saw it in polish news site:

http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=53201

Basically, they are saying it is going to be exact remake of JA2, but with upgraded graphic. From the same company as JA online.

Good?, Bad?, Ugly?

Edit:

The name is supposed to be JA2: Reloaded and should hit the shelves next year

Tycn

Savant
It'll be mediocre at best and unplayable at worst given that we've been spoilt by 1.13. JA2 really doesn't seem like a good candidate for a graphics update.

zeitgeist

Magister
Grunker said:
Are they going to include the changes from 1.13? Otherwise, why bother?
Pretty much this. I doubt they will, but who knows.

MetalCraze

Arcane
JA2 looks great visually. Only a complete faggot will want to bring it into a shitty 3D.
Also you need a real talent to clone something that huge of a game - it will be just some watered down shit.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jagged Alliance 2: Reloaded will therefore have a contemporary 3D graphic style in an isometric view, the user interface will be totally redesigned and an extensive tutorial will ease the player into the complex game rules system.

This is the part that worries me... oh and yeah without 1.13 why bother?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
MetalCraze said:
JA2 looks great visually. Only a complete faggot will want to bring it into a shitty 3D.
This, except that I'd like to see 3D avatars that show different weapons, armour and allow different boy types.

deuxhero

Arcane
For the lazy. Seems to be doing this as an excuse to build the engine and make JA3 a mission pack sequel (which I don't really have an issue with).

At best it could at least have actual mod tools and not ruin anything (easily worth a purchase at something budget priced).

Though at worst it has the potential to suck really really bad.

Given the fact that two of the biggest death trap areas from what I recall (the 1st and 3rd screen) now have cover, I'm leaning to number 2.

Germans making it? Wonder what their countries censorship will do.

entertainer

Arbiter
346555328.jpg

now tell me this doesn't look crappy

denizsi

Arcane
I think they will only update the displayed resolutions and artwork and keep everything else, still in 2D.

zeitgeist

Magister
The original JA2 had the GUI in the entire lower part of the screen not only because of better usability/readability for the main merc stats and controls, but because it doubled as the space for inventory and paperdolls. The tiny little UI thingies on the left in the new one make me think that either there won't be a paperdoll at all, or if there will be one, there'll be some huge inventory screen that takes you out of the tactical screen entirely and interrupts the flow of the game.

SoupNazi

Well the UI is really bad on the remake, I'll admit. But graphically, both feel pretty much the same to me, with bonus points to the 3D screenshot for giving a hint of the equipment etc. actually showing up on your mercs.

On the other hand, the portraits and generally the UI looks so unfriendly and unfamiliar. Especially the portraits sort of distance the player from his mercs.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The bad thing is that looks don't really matter. The gameplay will suck compared to JA2 (even without 1.13). It took Sir-Tech many years of getting experience to come up with something like JA2, it took Nival many years of getting experience to clone JA2 at an acceptable (even good) level.

I have absolutely no confidence in noname devs from some Shitburg. What they did to GUI and portraits already shows.

SoupNazi

Yeah I don't really expect the gameplay to be good as well and I'm not very optimistic, but as far as looks go, I just didn't think that 3D looked so bad.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The artistic touch of JA2 is totally missing. UI looks shit. What a stupid idea to kick out JA2s UI for moar 3D graphics.

On the other hand, given that they produce a decent engine, it may be that it will become playable in one way or the other. Perhaps they really make a sequel, or someone will be able to mod it.

In any case it's good news something happens at all.

MetalCraze said:
I have absolutely no confidence in noname devs from some Shitburg. What they did to GUI and portraits already shows.

Yep.

ricolikesrice

Arcane

http://www.pcgames.de/Jagged-Allian...assikers-von-1999-in-unserer-Vorschau-768684/

Außerdem wurden bei den Charakteren einige Dinge entfernt, die recht rassistisch waren und heute möglicherweise anstoßend wirken.

roughly translated this wonderful sentence means:

Also they removed some things from the characters that were quite racist and might be considered insulting nowadays

... isnt that lovely ? :lol:

deuxhero

Arcane
ricolikesrice said:

http://www.pcgames.de/Jagged-Allian...assikers-von-1999-in-unserer-Vorschau-768684/

Außerdem wurden bei den Charakteren einige Dinge entfernt, die recht rassistisch waren und heute möglicherweise anstoßend wirken.

roughly translated this wonderful sentence means:

Also they removed some things from the characters that were quite racist and might be considered insulting nowadays

... isnt that lovely ? :lol:

I'm thinking, but beyond the stealing Mexican accented airport guy, I can't think of anything that fits that.

Some of the mercs themself are categorized as bigoted and or nationalist (Steroid not working with Igor and Ivan, Bubba), but I still can't figure out anything. (It's not like Ivan is perpetually drinking Vodka)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
There was a lot a p.c. person would dislike. If you don't live in a country like Germany you don't know how p.c. they are. They will remove a lot of what made JA2 worthwile.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
GlobalExplorer said:
There was a lot a p.c. person would dislike. If you don't live in a country like Germany you don't know how p.c. they are. They will remove a lot of what made JA2 worthwile.

They will remove the merc personalities altogether.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom