Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there any game like Myth ?

A horse of course

Install the Space Marine mod and replace all the archers with them :troll:

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I was a big Myth fan when it first came out, so pre-mass-internet that I thought I was the only person on the planet who had played it for all the conversation I could generate with it. It's only since arriving at the codex that I discovered there are many who shared my tastes! I still have the big-box for TFL, Dark Omen and Civilisation II all gathering dust in a cupboard.

A few years later I discovered another niche-popular game in the same vein: Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood. Whenever I mention this game people always talk about Commandos, but I think it's a different kind of game to that and fits quite nicely as a medway between Myth and Commandos. You have your fixed team, but you're also allowed extras who you can gain and lose without affecting your progress. It takes a while to learn all the special moves and tricks of the game, but once you've mastered the game then it's awesome fun.

Some screenies and a vid:

maxresdefault.jpg

robin-hood-the-legend-of-sherwood-11220.jpg

5327.jpg

The game looks and plays great and deserves more historical praise than it gets in the shadows of Commandos.

It is in English, this guy is just playing a different language version

naossano

Cipher
This looks awesome. Although i recall having looking into informations about this games a few months/years ago and didn't pick it at the time, but i can't remember why i didn't pick it.
Might be related with being from the same develloppers as Desperados, which i recall trying but not enjoying...

PS: Those games aren't meant to be won at first attempt. I didn't the first few years i had them. And i still have some other games that i played many times, withouth winning (fairly) once.

Last edited:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
^ Please do. Especially if you love Robin Hood. Desperados is such an awesome game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's a great game. Only thing that may make you really like or dislike Desperados is that it makes violence a more viable approach to problems than you'd see in Commandos, for example. And sometimes you'll get bitch-slapped by a mandatory no detection level just for fun.

gs39ouy.jpg

It's not like I REALLY wanted to advance or anything, game. :|

A horse of course

Best of all, Desperados' chick doesn't look like a transexual hooker

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

When you created that stain of your own ego you call a humerous avatar your dense little brain must have flooded with so much pride and joy that the Mods accepted it. Like your version of winning a big dick competition (most likely to compensate for losing that one...). You just spam it at me once a week and your little world lights up, yay! the Mods are letting me shit on someone, and there's nothing the little shit faced (better than me) twat can do...

You are 100%:

:prosper:

Have a nice day you insufferable shit for brains.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

When you created that stain of your own ego you call a humerous avatar your dense little brain must have flooded with so much pride and joy that the Mods accepted it. Like your version of winning a big dick competition (most likely to compensate for losing that one...). You just spam it at me once a week and your little world lights up, yay! the Mods are letting me shit on someone, and there's nothing the little shit faced (better than me) twat can do...

You are 100%:

:prosper:

Have a nice day you insufferable shit for brains.
18936.jpg

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Who cares that you don't like DraQ ? You don't have to make all other users suffer for it.

It's more that Draq doesn't like me and, once a week, finds a random post I've made, fucks around with a quote and attaches the Avatar - an Avatar HE designed soley for the purposes of getting revenge on me for me calling out his (extensive) bullshit on one thread once. I don't give two fucks about the guy, but in a way you don't give two fucks about a wasp that's got trapped in your room ... it demands your attention one way or the other, even if you ignore it...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who cares that you don't like DraQ ? You don't have to make all other users suffer for it.

It's more that Draq doesn't like me and, once a week, finds a random post I've made, fucks around with a quote and attaches the Avatar - an Avatar HE designed soley for the purposes of getting revenge on me for me calling out his (extensive) bullshit on one thread once. I don't give two fucks about the guy, but in a way you don't give two fucks about a wasp that's got trapped in your room ... it demands your attention one way or the other, even if you ignore it...
18936.jpg

Liek that?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

18936.jpg

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

All the other fuckers just chime in when they spot what they believe is a "triggering", which is the primary goal. They are all regular inhabitants of the sub-forum entitled "Site Feedback" where 'wound-up' people are supposed to go and complain about being wound-up, where they HOhoHOhoHO wind people up even more and debate what tags and avatars people 'deserve' for being prey to being wound-up...

Because this is a website for discussing computer games... (mind blown etc etc etc)

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Admiral Jimbob is upset by a pair of pants

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom