Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is playing old consoles like Sega Gen, N64 acceptable?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
MetalCraze said:
NES and Genesis were the last bro consoles.

Then PS1 came and everyone jumped onto the shitty "let's make our arcades in 3D making them not fun" bandwagon.
dreamcast was the last bro console, especially after sega said "fuck this shit", released segagaga and then withdrew from the market.

Saturn had it even worse, it was supported for like 1,5 years... And it had good 2D support I hear, so it could have had a different style of library than the PS. Damn it.

Though whatever, still has more games than the PS3 and it didn't cost half as much even with the games - some which are collector-priced - so I'm not complaining about that one.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLLOLOLLOL

10 YEARS FROM NOW IT WILL BE PS1 AS THE LAST BRO CONSOLE

THE RULE IS THAT THE LAST COOL CONSOLE IS THE LAST ONE YOU PLAYED BEFORE YOU BECAME AN EDUCATED ELITE PC GAMER

Ermm

Erudite
PS1 had some really good games. Alundra was one of the BEST Zelda rip-off's (2d ones). But Activision really screwed the sequel.

Herc's Adventures was p. cool.

And Disney's Hercules is my favorite cartoon/movie based game. It really felt like something out of SNES era.
Also, the streamlined platformers were pretty fun (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot), and I even had more blast playing those that SuperMario64.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
WOW BRO YOU ARE NOW POPAMOLE YOUR CONSOLENESS IS LAME

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I WROTE THAT PEOPLE WILL SAY THAT IN 10 YEARS

THE LAST BRO CONSOLE WAS THE INTELLIVISION BECAUSE THAT MAKES ME SEEM REALLY UNIQUE AND EDGY AMONG THIS GROUP

PCTARDS HERE COULDNT HANDLE THE DISC AND NUMBER PAD WITH THERE POPAMOLE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD

MetalCraze

Arcane
I wonder if it ever occured to Blobert that people may have played on PC and NES at the same time due to both platforms offering different kind of games not messed up by a multiplatform incest yet?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Consoles were fine back when they were a separate entity. Indeed, consoles were never a problem, cross platforming is.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I WONDERED IF IT OCCURRED TO YOU THAT OTHERS STILL DO THE SAME THING

LOLLOLLOLOLLOL NOT MY FAULT YOU ARE ALL ROCK HARD OVER POPAMIOLE CONSOLE CRAP ON THE PC

AND LOOLOLOLOL ONLY REASON NINTENDO GAMES WERENT ON THE PC WAS BECAUSE NINTENDO OWNED THE BEST ONES THERE WAS CROSS PLATFORM SHIT RUN RAMPANT BACK THEN AS WELL

BUT BROS CANT BE BOTHERED TO REMEMBER THAT LOLOOLOOLOOL

LOLLOLOLLOL ANGSTY TEENAGE RAGE LOLLOLLOLOLOL

Mortmal

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
Consoles were fine back when they were a separate entity. Indeed, consoles were never a problem, cross platforming is.
Cross platforming never been the problem , you could find ultima games ported on every media possible, c64 nintendo snes amiga,etc, the problem is mainstreaming and catering to the dumbest casual player. Its possible to do wonderful stuff on consoles, but since the xbox360 you hardly get any sophisticated games.

TripJack

Hedonist
i don't know what acceptable means but there are indeed some non-papamole games on older consoles

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mortmal said:
Cross platforming never been the problem , you could find ultima games ported on every media possible, c64 nintendo snes amiga,etc,
Those NES/SNES Ultima games were really, really terrible. What you'd expect when you try to port down. Today's multiplatform games are the equivalent of making a game for the NES or SNES then releasing that same game for the PC and if you're lucky maybe you'll get some decent controls but don't count on it.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Errr, what?

NES:
Ultima_III_Exodus_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

Apple II:
184552-ultima-3-exodus-apple_original.jpg

Derp much?

Consoles had awesome ports back in the good old days.

Also:
herzogzwei.jpg

RTS genre. Consoles did it first. Problem PCfags? :troll:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLLOLOLOL FUNNIEST THING IS THAT PCTARDS LIKE SKYWAY ARE TO BLAME

LOOLLOLLOL KOTOR 99% LOLLOLOLLOL THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF CONSOLE RPG AND NOW YOU RAGE LOLLOLLOL YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED

THE PROBLEM IS PCTARDS ARE SEARCHING FOR INTELLECTUAL ELITISM IN PERHAPS THE SHALLOWEST POOL POSSIBLE AND TOTALLY FAILOING ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DROOL OVER EVERY CONSOLE BASED RELEASE LOLOOLLOL OH BOY YOU ARE SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE 12 YEAR OLD PLAYING HALO LOLLOLLOLOL YOU REALLY DESERVE A COOKIE FOR THAT

POOR BROS FORGET RTS WAS ON CONSOLES FIRST LOLLOLLOLOLLOL AND PCTARDS CAME AFTER CONSOLES PC GAMES WERE FOR BROS WHO COULDNT UNDERSTAND THE INTELLIVISSION GAME PAD JUST KIDDING I KNOW PCTARDS ARE SLOW ON THE UPTAKE

BROS JUST PLAY GAMES YOU LIKE

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO AND COMMODORE 64 GAMES MADE PC GAMES LOOK LIKE PILES OF SHIT FOR YEARS

BUT BRO GO AHEAD LOLLOLLOOLOL PCTARDS HAVE TO HAVE THERE LITTLE VICTORIES LOLLOLOLLOL EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE ONE OF THE CLOSET CONSOLETARDS WHO HAVE HELPED RUIN PC GAMING

BRO AND YOU ARE WRONG CARRIER COMMAND IS NOT RTS LOLLOLLOLOLLOL

BRO YOU ARE THE GUY IN AMERICAN BEAUTY YLOU LOVED KOTOR BUT IT WENT TO CONSOLES AND NOW ALL YOU HAVE IS HATE

WELL HATE AND SHITTY TASTE IN GAMES BRO WHY DO YOU COME TO AN RPG SITE WHEN YOU ARENT INTERESTED IN RPGS LOLLOLLOLOL YOU HAVE MOSTLY PLAYED NEWFAG SHIT BRO

MetalCraze

Arcane
In Carrier Command you have a base ship.
You have units which you command in real time and can take over them in first person.

It's as much RTS as Herzog Zwei.

YOU ARE ONE OF THE CLOSET CONSOLETARDS WHO HAVE HELPED RUIN PC GAMING

You are a retard. I always said I've played a lot of console games, even my first post in this thread says that I played on NES and Genesis a lot and then some on PS1.

I bash console shit because it polluted the non-console genres while console genres like arcades also got ruined first by stupid 3D and then by shitty indie devs from PC. Not because it's console-related something.

Fuck you are retarded beyond belief

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO YOU HOLD KOTOR AS A STANDARD OF RPG GAMES LOLLOLOLLOLOL

YOU MIGHT AS WELL PLAY HALO 3 WITH YOUR BROS THAT IS YOU INTELLECTUAL CRED HERE

AND CARRIER COMMAND IS NOT RTS I JUST PROVED YOU WRONG

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO LOOLLOLLOL I HAD TO EDIT

I WILL LET YOU BE RIGHT IT WOULD HRT YOU TOO MUCH OTHERWIDE

MetalCraze

Arcane
So care to provide at least something where I hold KotOR as a standard of RPG games?

Just because I said that KotOR is more of RPG than NV (which is Oblivion with guns) and TW2 (which is a primitive 2-button console slasher), as in games that are not RPGs at all doesn't mean I hold it as a standard of RPG genre, my dear retard. In fact quite the contrary - even KotOR is better than those two pieces of shit.

This is called shades of grey, a concept obviously alien to you.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I TOTALLY EDITED TO MAKE NICE AFTER

BRO YOU AND SHADES OF GREY LOLOLLOLLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

BRO I WILL AGREE WITH YOU THAT YOU DONT KNOW ENOGH ABOUT RPGS TO PARTICIPATE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom