Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile reveal Wasteland 3's party system

imweasel

So it will be like in Fallout... or Planescape... or Baldur's Gate... or any other one of our favorites... Protagonist + Companions... yet the Codex complains. :lol:

Sorry guys, like Colin and company but Fargo is just a fucking scumbag
Brian is alright, except for the fact that he hates us. Colin McCuck is a true low-t bald ass scumbag though.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
So it will be like in Fallout... or Planescape... or Baldur's Gate... or any other one of our favorites... Protagonist + Companions... yet the Codex complains. :lol:

We got a new Fallout last year and another one this year. We also got a new Baldur's Gate this year and might get a new Torment next year. Wouldn't have been wrong to offer something a bit more unique.

Black Angel

Arcane
This kind of arguments baffles me. It's basically like being okay with Fallout turning into Elder Scrolls with Guns.

If you want Wasteland, wouldn't you want them to make Wasteland, instead of Fallout/Planescape/Baldur's Gate?

imweasel

We got a new Fallout last year and another one this year. We also got a new Baldur's Gate this year and might get a new Torment next year. Wouldn't have been wrong to offer something a bit more unique.
Well, in Wasteland 2 half of your team was essentially mute. Nothing really enjoyable about that... Maybe people would be fine with this change if they could personalize the companions or just create their own.

But I don't mind if people are butthurt. Nobody should buy the game anyway, because liberal low-t cuck scum Mr. Colin McCuck and his husband Mr. Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie are working on it.

huh, i was really disappointed when divinity original sin 2 doesnt allow multiple protagonist like the first installment was, now wasteland 3 seem to follow the same pattern

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why don't they just allow you to go in either solo or with a party, similar to how it was done in Baldur's Gate (when you played a MP game alone)?
If XP is a problem, just receive less the more members your party has.
All problems solved.

Doktor Best

Arcane
What the fuck are you guys discussing here? Wasnt it confirmed that you WILL have party creation?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Why don't they just allow you to go in either solo or with a party, similar to how it was done in Baldur's Gate (when you played a MP game alone)?
If XP is a problem, just receive less the more members your party has.
All problems solved.

You can solo Wasteland 2.

Regardless, it's definitely implied that they're moving away from the player created party and toward the 'companions' style of party. Not sure why else they'd make a big announcement about it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Cool people want BioWarian companions they can heave meaningful conversations with (i.e., having them praise you for being awesome) and later choose one to fuck.

Only old, boring people want to create their own party and use outdated concepts like imagination.

Apexeon

Arcane
Cool people want BioWarian companions they can heave meaningful conversations with (i.e., having them praise you for being awesome) and later choose one to fuck.

Only old, boring people want to create their own party and use outdated concepts like imagination.

True.

A lot of modern game development is to spoon feed people a interactive movie.
Old school games inspire the imagination and modern gamming takes it away.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck are you guys discussing here? Wasnt it confirmed that you WILL have party creation?
But-but-but I won't have party creation right at the beginning, I have to wait 10 minutes until I can create them at the Ranger Center. Do you expect a codexian have some common sense? Let's just continue flip out on everything about this game.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
On one hand they are right with this changes, because there is nothing more boring than big party with boring combat system like in W2 or PoE.
That's why I decided to do solo in W2.
On the other hand, because of reason that solo will miss large part of content, I created two characters - Older Brother and Junior (basically me and my older brother lol) which turnes out to be quite roleplaying decision.
So I'm 50/50 about it.
Anyway it won't matter if quest, rp-system, combat system will be shit.
I think it will be mediocre like in W2 anyway.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

inXile Kickstarters: give us money to work without a publisher until we can find a publisher.

When you put it like that... isn't that exactly what kickstarting is supposed to be? You know, kickstart something so it can then start rolling under its own power...?

imweasel

True.

Real prestigious hardcorefags obviously only play text games. Because fuck graphics, we have our imaginations.

7VRzUQZ.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
inXile Kickstarters: give us money to work without a publisher until we can find a publisher.

When you put it like that... isn't that exactly what kickstarting is supposed to be? You know, kickstart something so it can then start rolling under its own power...?

Under your own power is not the same as under the heel of a publisher.

Plus, Fargo got everyone hard with this anti-publisher speech only to end up with publishers anyway.

Prime Junta

Oo, I didn't know you were a larper. :updatedmytxt:

I dig party creation too, in games where combat is fun and complex enough to warrant the effort. I don't make up little life stories or go "now, kiss" with them though. In more story-focused games well-crafted, well-written companions are nigh-indispensable.

naossano

Cipher

True.

Real prestigious hardcorefags obviously only play text games. Because fuck graphics, we have our imaginations.

7VRzUQZ.jpg
Why bother with text games when you can imagine the game?

Delterius

Arcane
Oo, I didn't know you were a larper. :updatedmytxt:
Larping is more specific than that. Figuring out a backstory for your party of adventurers as they crawl a dungeon is one thing. You are just complementing the actual game. Larpers were Elder Scrolls people who insisted that Oblivion was the Holodeck because they can play 'their own' adventures. Such as being a priest and praying every day for people who died in generic town #68. Just because churches exist in a open world sandbox.

imweasel

True.

7VRzUQZ.jpg
Why bother with text games when you can imagine the game?
I know man. Like, why even read books if I can just imagine my own story?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom