Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Would Microsoft even allow them to make a turn-based game?
Microsoft provided the additional funding that allowed them to ship Wasteland 3 in a decent state.

Delterius

Arcane
i'm also positive that the first of the peanut gallery devs who say the words 'turn based' in the vincinity of the xbox division director will get a blank cheque for 'baldurs gate 3 slaying'

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
i'm also positive that the first of the peanut gallery devs who say the words 'turn based' in the vincinity of the xbox division director will get a blank cheque for 'baldurs gate 3 slaying'
Phil Spencer playing 5d chess as always. Could probably buy Larian for less money and have biggest game of the year. Instead they acquired Inexile+Obsidian and all they got is Penistent.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Phil Spencer playing 5d chess as always. Could probably buy Larian for less money and have biggest game of the year. Instead they acquired Inexile+Obsidian and all they got is Penistent.
I can't imagine Swen selling Larian unless he was minutes away from retiring anyway. Guy built up his company almost entirely on his own, (he did have to sell a small portion of the company to tencent :lol:) he gets to be the guy in charge.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I could never really understand the issue about Fargo. Could someone here summarize it for me?

As for Clockwork Revolution. I'd say it is a pretty much standard game these days. Another action-adventure/FPS/alternative history game with wacky science that will probably do nothing new. Perhaps entertaining in a "I need to have something to do while I wait for the game I really want to play" way but I doubt it is going to have a lasting impact.
Personally I think people are better off with some of the Doom total conversions that are coming out.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Don't forget Activision/Blizzard and Bethesda.

lvl 2 Blue Slime

Educated
Pretty sad that in the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter one of the things Fargo said is "We went to many publishers to get this made, but they all said 'It needs to be a FPS'" or something, and now that's exactly what they're doing.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Just out of curiosity, would people here like a FNV style Wasteland spin off? Player going to Detroit for example?

Action rpgs are not rpgs, so… yes?

:shitposting:

On a serious note, though, fuck no, as Jaesun said. Tactical turn based shit > everything else.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You’d just run into feral niggas, cannibal nigga ghouls, mech cyborg ex auto workers, super brain nigga bitch mayor, and more visiting FO Detroit. You might even run into Bernie. I just have a feeling he’s be there as a flaming super ghoul mutant.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Just out of curiosity, would people here like a FNV style Wasteland spin off? Player going to Detroit for example?
What do you mean, "FNV style"?
An first person action style game with stat elements and quests and plotlines with multiple outcomes.
With a quest compass, objective markers, leveled loot and enemies, weapons damage scaling with skill level, Skinner box crafting system and quest journal entries written such that you can’t complete quests without the compass?

:hero:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I'd rather some immersive sim experience like Deus Ex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom