Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
SkyRe is pretty much one of those 'wow, look at all these features' mod but the scaled loot and monsters killed any interest in exploring too much.

RK47

Patron
the scaled loot and monsters killed any interest in exploring too much.
Have you tried any of the mods that touch that?

I figured in addition to making loverslab mods to work, adding scaled encounters...
I have sacrificed too much.
Sanguine Debauchery won't work in Requiem.

:neverforget:

Also, naturally playing as a guy, I disabled player victim. Not that people will rape you anyway, usually the arrows send you straight to reload screen.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
S0X6Uc.gif

Maybe if you people didn't fap so much to Requiem there would be a completely self-contained solution to level scaling

RK47

Patron
LoversLab Submit is actually pretty interesting.

Functions:
1. Player Submit
You can actually surrender in combat or have HP threshold to surrender.
By doing so, combat is halted. They take all your stuff, and fun stuff happens.
After they have fun. They tie you up. Whereby you escape to live another day after untying your bindings.
But since Requiem disabled regeneration, you probably will not survive the escape chance. Another arrow on your bare ass would kill you.

2. Enemy Submit
This is not very useful I think, unless if you really feeling vengeful on that bandit and want to do fun things to her.
You need to get her to low HP and attempt a grapple. Successful attempt would disable her and you can have fun/take her stuff away. You can even let your companions do it.
Afterwards you can tie her up and bring her in for bounty to the guards (This is a nice touch BTW)

3. Speechcraft Submission
This is a third option that allows logical usage of Speechcraft aside from some lame quest resolution or haggling perks.
With this mod installed you can actually have consensual fun if you succeed a persuasion check, increasing friendship rating.
I find it immensely useful to befriend the local alchemist to get free samples of their cheap herbs.
There is also a less friendly alternative, using Speechcraft you can threaten anyone to giving up their stuff. And more.
So you don't need to pickpocket. Except a fail check would make them hostile and it's a crime.
I find it useful to train up Speechcraft regularly. Although it does seem abusive if you keep spamming it, failing it would have a few hours of cooldown anyway.
It seems to make sense to chat up the barmaid after a long hard day of killing bandits for the Jarl, you know?

I highly recommend this mod, you can even disable the 'fun' content and just use it to roleplay a bandit.

:4/5:

RK47

Patron
Amazingly, Prison Overhaul is updated on 23-03-2014 to v27
If you do not recall I did review this thing way back in August 2013

First off, well done to the mod maker.
This is possibly one of the best adult-oriented mod I've experienced in TES:Skyrim so far.
The prison sentence in Vanilla Skyrim is always the weakest point in the game - there's barely any reason to NOT pay the bounty.
Even if you don't have enough gold to pay off the guards - the sentence itself is painless - you lose a few skills after a time skip - why would you even contemplate escape? There's no terrible fate awaiting you in the prison.

Your mod certainly makes prison stay a more nasty proposition.

The entire premise is simple, as spelled out by the mod's name: an overhaul of the prison system.
You no longer time skip when you're in prison, well you could - depending whether you tick the Hardcore option or not - you gotta go through the entire sentence till next day 8 AM when the Jailer lets you out. Sounds easy right?

Uh huh. Not really.
Inside jail, there will be periodic punishments (you can set it, default 3 hours) will be meted out, either assrape or forced blowjob, or whipping by the guards.
That's from 7 PM to 8 AM.
From 8 AM onwards you get to be put on display at the town square pillory.
Every 3 hours, someone's gonna have fun or mete our justice on you, criminal scum.
Spanking, broom up the ass, ass-whippings. *Heavy breathing*
CONTEMPLATE YOUR CRIMES, CRIMINAL SCUM!

V27 added a feature that I felt was missing: A crowd will gather and watch as justice is delivered adding further burning shame and the humiliation to the DIRTY CRIMINAL SCUM.
So come on and invite your family, don't you want to watch it with the infamous bardic tune plays?

Believe, believe, the Dragonborn comes.
It's an end to the evil, of all Skyrim's foes.
Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes.
For the darkness has passed, and the legend yet grows,
You'll know, you'll know the Dragonborn's come.

Final Rating:
:3/5:

Why 3 out of 5? Despite its periodic updates and bug fixes I felt this mod does not have any game play appeal at all. In fact most of the interaction were strictly auto-pilot.
You ARE given the chance to fight back when the prison rape commences, but considering you're naked and the assailant is an officer of the law, you will incur further jail terms and probably get beat down. Well, you can try summoning an atronach but the whole garrison will come and do a train on you anyway.

Have fun! :deadhorse:CRIMINAL SCUM!

RK47

Patron
Ah, you tsundere you. But what is RPG, Comrade?

hell bovine

Arcane
Don't even know why you made that video. I never suggested you were lying, or whatever.

At least tell me if you tried the difficulty slider thing. All you've written suggests you ran into the same thing I did when I installed DB - enemy dealing 300% damage and receiving 25% damage (in other words, Legendary).
Nah, unless you mean the default skyrim one, which I showed in the video, which was set to adept. You know what, fuck it, Lemme load up requiem again... I'll check it's difficulty sliders and things like that. Make sure they are all on default.

I think it's not Requiem, but one of those "Immersive" mods that is responsible, actually. I recall people on the nexus forums complaining about them as well (might be the immersive patrols, not sure), because it would sometimes fuck up the standard Requiem creatures by giving them insane armor or resistances, for example. You need Requiem - Immersive patches for them to work, and I don't see them on your mod list.

Eyeball

Arcane
Valid concerns from roll-a-die, but it differs from my opinion and therefore he is a FAGGOT who must DIE!

But in all seriousness, I'd personally say that the "running away like a bitch from everything in the beginning" thing is one of Requiem's main attractions. It's just soooo much more satisfying when you return 10 levels later and oneshot all the bandits that used to oneshot you with your newly found glass warhammer.

Requiem is also, and this is shocking, SURPRISINGLY WELL BALANCED in most cases! Most video games and indeed mods that are difficult tend to stick most of the difficult content in the early game and Requiem does a good job at balancing areas to gradually become managable but still slapping you Down HARD if you venture into the nastier areas. I thought I was pretty hot shit zapping bandits from across the map until I walked into my first Dwemer ruin and was promptly fed a shock sandwhich by the robots there. Then, after coming back with powerful shock magics of my own and cruising through Alftand, any delusions of leetness were firmly dispelled the moment I encountered dragon priests.

It really IS doable, but I can absolutely understand why this isn't for anyone, seeing as it's perhaps the no-lifiest mod I've ever seen, requiring hours of sneaking around and avoiding fights just to be able to beat a pissant bandit in armed combat.

Machine

Arbiter
Honestly, I think Requiem just isn't for me. If you enjoy it that's fine, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I'm just saying my piece and trying to spread opinions that aren't just, PLAY THING, THING IS BEST THING. WUT YOU NO LIKE THING, GIT GUD TO PLAY THING. THING BEST THING.

To put it in the least dickish way possible, the way you have to fight early on, is just not fun, it's like running my cock through a meat grinder. Then taking said ground cockmeat, and eating it with a fine hollandaise sause. To have to run away from each and every encounter, looting only what you can pick up, taking advantage of exploits to eventually conquer enemies. That's just not fun. The advantages of Requiem, the difficulty, the build variety, the whole immersive RPG elements, they don't mesh well with each other, or with the base game and themes that are inherent in Skyrim. Skyrim, in encounter design, in quest design, in basically everything design wise, isn't designed as a game to make you feel weak, and so when something attempts to do so, be it mods, or something else. Even for the purpose of making you feel stronger later. It wrings hollow.

Do you want to use a sword? No, and if you do it better be two handed. The sword is a sustained DPS weapon, with low armor pen, so you can't use it against an enemy with heavy armor at lower levels. Do you want to use a mace, better be two handed, because otherwise you don't do enough DPS to really do any good.

One handed weapons have to wait until you can find a decent enchanted weapon.

So if you melee, two handed weapons are the way to go.

Armor-wise, light armor is shit, unless you plan on slowly sneaking everywhere, and you're fucked if you ever get detected, which you will, a lot, from 40 feet away.

So heavy armor, prepare to be slow.

Bows don't penetrate armor for shit. Crossbows don't either. Or otherwise have ludicrous range decrements beyond which they are worse than bows.

Want to use magic? Guess what it's shit early on TOO. Or otherwise too restrictive to be considered anything other than shit(Early on).

Grab a two handed mace, heavy armor, and just run around. But wait, if you aren't an orc, you won't be able to carry ANYTHING other than that armor and that two handed weapon. Maybe like 2 books, choose wisely.

I know my wood elf couldn't even carry a full set of heavy armor with a weapon at all. With a blistering encumbrance limit of 97, 70 of it was taken up by the heavy armor, and then a weapon weighs about 15. Have fun.

Run around, pick up shit, run away from anything that can reasonably harm you, be oneshot by those things none-the-less. Sell the shit you just gathered, and pay someone to teach you to be not shit. But you can only do that 5 times per level.

The best strategy I can come up with for Requiem, to, as you folks would put it, "Git Gud," is to pick up the first speech perk, the first smithing perk, and the first alchemy perk. Gather items outside of town running away from anything up to and including mudcrabs, craft those items into other items, sell those items, then go train at trainer, gather, craft, sell, train, gather, craft, sell, train. That's even more grindy than SWG was. Only without the whole benefit of friends to do it with.

I'm moving back to SkyRe, in contrast to Requiem, it gives build variety, it gives added difficulty, and it gives immersive rpg elements when paired with other mods. Only it does these things, while taking the, quite honestly, from a modern perspective of an action game, quite decent power fantasy gameplay elements of Skyrim in stride, rather than trying to remove them, or downplay them. It plays faster, it feels better to play, and the alterations to the balance don't make it feel like I'm playing a game trying to be another game.

I think you are experiencing some sort of mod collision or something, I just recently reinstalled Skyrim and made a similar char (wood elf "thief", focusing on range and illusion) and my experiences with Requiem are almost complete opposite...

Bows are deadly against light armored bandits, I one shot most of them even on lvl 1. Using the dual wield block mod even parrying with a dagger early on is kinda successful if you have block perk. That being said, if you are light armored its way better to flank shit than block, cause you have speed advantage. Heavy armored foes are what gives me most trouble cause my larpy bow/dagger setup is basically utter shit against anybody with shield + heavy armor. What I usually do is try to save em for last, always snipe that nig rushing at you in fur armor, then kite the fuck out of heavy armor one. If theres more than 1 HA guy you are probably fucked though.

Likewise, your point about 2h weps smells of mod conflict to me cause if anything, 2h is seriously shit in Requiem compared to sword+board, ESPECIALLY at early levels... its basically suicide to play 2h char from very begining, unless you enjoy reloading every 5 seconds.

Cant really give you much advice how to fix it though, except to use fucking Mod Organiser and make a new profile with just Requiem on and see if game still behaves the same, I suspect one of those IMMERSIVE mods are causing you all these problems.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah, you tsundere you. But what is RPG, Comrade?

RPG7-(replica)_0.jpg

Comrade Eyeball is right though the gutting out of instant fast travel alone makes every more remote quest taking hours thanks to all distractions and additional locations you encounter on your way; you can spend real life year playing Requiem and not complete the game.

Eyeball

Arcane
Oooor you could wise up, reenable fast travel and add, say, 100 pounds to the weight carry limit using the in-game mod menu instead.

Hardk0r is one thing, adding extra logistical tedium on top of that is something else entirely.

I think it's not Requiem, but one of those "Immersive" mods that is responsible, actually. I recall people on the nexus forums complaining about them as well (might be the immersive patrols, not sure), because it would sometimes fuck up the standard Requiem creatures by giving them insane armor or resistances, for example. You need Requiem - Immersive patches for them to work, and I don't see them on your mod list.

Immersive Patrols doesn't add new assets apart from facegen data. You probably mean Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors, which add new equipment that is distributed to NPCs and could possibly fuck up the intended balance. But there are patches that are required for the latter two to work with Requiem, yes.

I'm wondering if the problem isn't being caused by a combination of Realistic Needs and Diseases + Frostfall making his character weaker than normal...he said he already checked the damage variables with SkyTweak, but what I saw on the video sure looks like the Legendary difficulty bug I met. As a pure mage with no weapon skills I can down a regular bandit in two or three crossbow bolts (not that I'd want to, without perks that thing is slow and wobbly as fuck).

Alternatively, he can try the Requiem - Dragonborn unofficial patch, it's 300kb and I don't see it on his load order either.

I know! Uncheck Dragonborn and try again! This time it'll surely work! :troll:

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
Just broke Down - I've developed a serious Dovahkin addiction here and just downloaded Dragonborn because I really wanted Bethesda to piss all over the joyful memories I had of Morrowind.

My question is: does it Work well with Requiem? There is a compatibility patch, but does it actually do what it says on the tin or do I need to fuck around with Wryebash to make it work? I hope not, I hate Wryebash.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
the patch is garbage, avoid at all costs. it adds a garbage mandatory quest for some super armor/weapon that you need to beat miraak (because he has health regeneration that'll make you shit your pants in terror). the worst is that it relies on random loot you get because the items you need are atronarch forge(!) recipes and as a final fuck you i think they are written in daedric script.

it's playable, but it's going to be piss easy.

Eyeball

Arcane
Sooooo considering that I've never played Dragonborn before, how the fuck am I going to enjoy it if the patch adds shit making it nigh-on unplayable?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom