Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm at the end of my rope on this one: BG2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MMXI said:
Grunker said:
Equipment at the end of BG1 is not imported into BG2.
Lie!

BG2 features a lot of BG1's equipment, but it doesn't matter whether you found it in the original; it will be in nr. 2 at the coded spots regardless. There are two exceptions to this rule:

1) You have installed the part of BGTTweak that imports more items to BG2 (which is a cheesy cheat)

2) You have installed the part of BGTTweak that removes items you did not find in BG1 from Irenicus' Dungeon

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Grunker said:
Bullshit.
The point wasn't that the list is long, the point is that out of all the combat you do, the vast, vast majority is filler bullshit against basic low-level enemies. Yeah, okay, I forgot to mention bears, wolves, skeletons and zombies. Sue me. Fact is that most of those monsters you mentioned are either limited to very specific parts of the game, only show up in the expansion dungeons, or are still generally filler anyway. There are definitely some good fights to be had, but I scarcely remember then in between the literal thousands of respawning Xvarts I had to slaughter over the course of the game. And of the enemies you do fight that are actually interesting, I rarely found I ever had to vary my tactics in any way... caste haste, breach if you're up against mages, and you win every time.

Baldur's Gate II handled things much, much better, not just by having more variety, but by simply not being stuffed with so much padding. That said, the outright cheating a lot of the high-level monsters do really gets on my nerves in that one, where even with huge numbers of buffs it's still really easy to die due to bad luck, no matter how carefully you play. I guess "that's D&D" but I can't help but feel a bit cheated if all my planning and tactics don't amount for shit when everyone does the equivalent of tripping over their shoelaces.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
sea said:
Grunker said:
Bullshit.
The point wasn't that the list is long, the point is that out of all the combat you do, the vast, vast majority is filler bullshit against basic low-level enemies. Yeah, okay, I forgot to mention bears, wolves, skeletons and zombies, so what Fact is that most of those monsters you mentioned are either limited to very specific parts of the game, only show up in the expansion dungeons, or are still generally filler anyway. There are definitely some good fights to be had, but I scarcely remember then in between the literal thousands of respawning Xvarts I had to slaughter over the course of the game. Baldur's Gate II handled things much, much better, not just by having more variety, but by simply not being stuffed with so much padding. That said, the outright cheating a lot of the high-level monsters do really gets on my nerves in that one.

I don't recognize this at all. The filler-combat stops completely after you reach level 5 or so (when you begin to encounter different types of monsters with special abilities). And there is actually thought behind most encounters (there are extremely few random spawns short of rest-spawns in BG). Monsters will be encountered in tight spaces, or maybe with a surround on you. Maybe four hobgoblin are equipped with poison-arrow short bows (one of the hardest low-level fights in the game can be that exact fight).

Another example is Bassilius (Cleric that holds party which are then pummeled to death by undead + it's hard to get to him because he is surrounded by zombies. In this fight a dialogue option can severely reduce the difficulty of the fight).

There are much much more. The dart-thrower with the heavy melee blocker, the fighter chick that wields a vampiric weapon and defends her mage-friends, the basilisk-heavy area in the south-east, the tight-quarter trap-fighting in the ruins. The druids in Cloakwood.

Extremely few of the fights in BG are "random spawns" - and with SCS? Man, you got some serious vareity and challenge - something that gets massively expanded in BG2.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Those low-level encounters last the whole game, especially if you choose to do more than the main storyline, not to mention that level 5 is practically halfway through. And yes, there are actually tons of random spawns... walk ten feet away, come back, bam! a whole pack of 20 fresh Kobolds have teleported in. Not to mention that as soon as you clear out an area, leave, and return, or even just rest, most of the enemies have respawned. I played through Baldur's Gate without any mods save for widescreen and fixpack stuff, so I'm quite sure about this. The game probably would have been half as long if it wasn't for those random spawns interrupting gameplay.

That said, if there is a mod to fix that, I should probably get it... but that doesn't let the boring filler content in the game by default off the hook.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
sea said:
Those low-level encounters last the whole game, especially if you choose to do more than the main storyline, not to mention that level 5 is practically halfway through. And yes, there are actually tons of random spawns... walk ten feet away, come back, bam! a whole pack of 20 fresh Kobolds have teleported in. Not to mention that as soon as you clear out an area, leave, and return, or even just rest, most of the enemies have respawned. I played through Baldur's Gate without any mods save for widescreen and fixpack stuff, so I'm quite sure about this. The game probably would have been half as long if it wasn't for those random spawns interrupting gameplay.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about, and I've played the game ALOT. Sure, there are some minor random spawns (like the kobolds you mention) but you can trample over those in the blink of an eye. They literally take up 5-10 seconds of your game-time maybe. Unless you're soloing.

Grunker said:
Another example is Bassilius (Cleric that holds party which are then pummeled to death by undead + it's hard to get to him because he is surrounded by zombies. In this fight a dialogue option can severely reduce the difficulty of the fight).

There are much much more. The dart-thrower with the heavy melee blocker, the fighter chick that wields a vampiric weapon and defends her mage-friends, the basilisk-heavy area in the south-east, the tight-quarter trap-fighting in the ruins. The druids in Cloakwood.

Extremely few of the fights in BG are "random spawns" - and with SCS? Man, you got some serious vareity and challenge - something that gets massively expanded in BG2.

If you go around backstabbing everything, you don't know if a encounter had some cleric that holds everybody or not, so maybe he was doing that. I sure didn't take any mage head-on 'cept Shandalar, just stab them in the ass.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
In BG1 most of the wilderness fights can be avoided anyway, by sending a stealthy thief or ranger to scout the area.

Johannes

Arcane
http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index. ... &Itemid=80

Is this mod any good? I'm thinking of going thru BG2 with SCS, and might as well pick something else too to the side. 1 pixel productions was mentioned here, BG2 fixpack seems good, what else should I consider? I've played through unmodded SoA once before. Mostly things that add to the challenge in an interesting way, or even rebalance it to be more tactically interesting.
And is the Ascension mod recommended for the ToB part, which I've never played - apparently it's harder with the mod so I think I'll take it.

And yeah BG had a lot of respawning mobs. Mostly in the wilderness and in the 2 mines of the game, and the firewine maze. It's not that bad though, it gives you an incentive to not rest or reload (which both reset the spawns), giving you resource management trouble. Sure if you're high level enough you can just breeze through them, but most of the time you're not, at least when you're in the relevant areas, I don't think the town has much respawning enemies at all (though maybe town guards?).

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Johannes said:
http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=101&Itemid=80
Is this mod any good?

Yes, Unfinished Business is good.

I'm thinking of going thru BG2 with SCS, and might as well pick something else too to the side. 1 pixel productions was mentioned here, BG2 fixpack seems good, what else should I consider? I've played through unmodded SoA once before. Mostly things that add to the challenge in an interesting way, or even rebalance it to be more tactically interesting.

See my post on the previous page.

MMXI

Arcane
Grunker said:
BG2 features a lot of BG1's equipment, but it doesn't matter whether you found it in the original; it will be in nr. 2 at the coded spots regardless. There are two exceptions to this rule:

1) You have installed the part of BGTTweak that imports more items to BG2 (which is a cheesy cheat)

2) You have installed the part of BGTTweak that removes items you did not find in BG1 from Irenicus' Dungeon
No. As far as I'm aware the game picks two items to dump into Irenicus' dungeon based on two priority lists. If you don't have any items on a list the game picks a default. Helm of Balduran is one of the defaults and the highest priority item on one of those lists and so most people end up with it in Irenicus' dungeon. Also the Golden Pantaloons also appear in the dungeon only if you have it on you from the first game (as far as I'm aware).

sea said:
And of the enemies you do fight that are actually interesting, I rarely found I ever had to vary my tactics in any way... caste haste, breach if you're up against mages, and you win every time.
I don't think breach is in Baldur's Gate 1.

Vibalist

Arcane
LoPan said:
You are directed to the Inn where you will find quests, as is the way of things, and amongst a host of nonsense there is a man who will pay you 10k to kill trolls, because he is rich and generous, making the whole 'collect 20k' bit, that you would think is a device to send you off into the wider world for grand, explorative, money-seeking adventure, a bloody farce.

Did you accept Firkraag's quest? Because if you did you'd know that he never actually gives you those 10k. It's just a bunch of bullshit he makes up in order to get you to travel to his land where he has entirely different plans for you.

oldmansavage

Educated
BG and infinity engine games in general could of benefited greatly from turn based combat like ToEE. The pause and play shit is truly awful and playing it in real time is just ridiculous.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
oldmansavage said:
BG and infinity engine games in general could of benefited greatly from turn based combat like ToEE. The pause and play shit is truly awful and playing it in real time is just ridiculous.

I can't even imagine playing it real time, but the RTwP certainly grew on me after my initial dislike of it.
But lack of a grid, atrocious path finding and having to use the space bar for both pausing and unpausing means you don't have the same control as in a TB game.
But one can always use the rationale that not having 100% control better simulates a chaotic battle, I guess.
Personally I love the IE games even though I would have preferred the battles to be turn based.

LoPan

Learned
almondblight said:
3. Not being able to equip a bow as an alternate weapon will using a shield is very annoying, as you have to remove your bow to equip the shield, and sometimes when I'm selling off mass loot I'll end up selling it off too. It seems they just could of made the bow unusable if the shield is equipped.

Overal, it's OK so far. It seems to be just a lot of mediocrity, which is OK, but it's just not grabbing me. Hopefully once I get to Nishkel the quests will get longer and the game will pick up a bit.

Or make the shield do nothing if the bow is equipped; either way, they never fixed this, unless mods did it. Arguably you'll have to pass Nashkel before the game picks up. I found my four companions at the time get into a fight on the road to Beregost. It was between the neutral couple from the Friendly Arm (Khalid and whatever her name was, Jaheira?) and the two evil fellows (Montaron and Xzar). The evil fellows were butchered and I felt I was more than in a that point. It was the two neutrals and the two evil getting into the tussle and the neutrals won (or was Khalid neutral good perhaps?).

Crispy said:
Welcome to Codex. Assimilation complete.
Oh and it feels great, and when it comes to assimilation that is when you know its working.

waywardOne

Arcane
sea said:
And of the enemies you do fight that are actually interesting, I rarely found I ever had to vary my tactics in any way... caste haste, breach if you're up against mages, and you win every time.

When/how the fuck did you cast Breach in BG1?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
waywardOne said:
sea said:

When/how the fuck did you cast Breach in BG1?

Probably BGT with Sword Coast Stratagems I and II installed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Johannes said:
And is the Ascension mod recommended for the ToB part, which I've never played - apparently it's harder with the mod so I think I'll take it.

If you're going for a full playthrough, wait for my modlist or seek out someone else's. A couple of mods will really improve your experience :)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If anyone is interested here is my WeiDU Logs from my latest playthrough. That was nearly two years ago, though, and I used EasyTutu, not BGT.

Code:
/ Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #8 // Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Casting Sounds -> Restored BG1 Casting Sounds And Special Effects
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Combat Sounds
~SETUP-HARDTIMES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Hard Times v2
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 4.1
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call: v9
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: 8
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance: 8
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Wyrm's Crossing: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Baldur's Gate: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v18
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #200 // Extended NPC Soundsets -> Additions only: v215
~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v5
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics
~BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK/BG1NPC_PORTRAIT_PACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters: v2
~PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER/PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's Picks of the Litter Portrait Pack: v2
~IMPROVEDBAMS/IMPROVEDBAMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Inventory BAMs
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Sensible Lore Table
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Improved Backstabbing
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #19 // NPCs/Summons Set Off Traps -> Everyone can set off traps (excluding illusions, etc.)
~IITWEAK/IITWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2004 // Raise Dead cost
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.31
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Consistently spell-like Bhaalpowers: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #204 // Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #205 // Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #217 // Bard songs break invisibility -> All Bard songs break invisibility: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Simple Thief script: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Simple Bard script: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Use Icewind Dale's Dimension Door animation: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #302 // Change the appearance of the Robe of Vecna: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #303 // Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset: v2.63
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v2.63
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2191 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Identification Ability is Based on Storekeeper's Lore: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2291 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table Only: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3071 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Reputation Has No Effect, Stores Price Fixed at 100% (Luiz): v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v7
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable Spells: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Correct various errors on race, class etc: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1001 // Make Protection from Normal Missiles block magical missiles -> Only +1 and better missiles penetrate Protection from Normal Missiles, and +1 missiles are replaced by nonmagical Masterwork versions: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More consistent Breach spell (doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #141 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Replace many magic weapons with fine ones -> Fine weapons are affected by the iron crisis: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Faster Bears: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Improved shapeshifting: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Skip Candlekeep: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Smarter general AI: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Better calls for help: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5021 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5033 // Smarter mages -> Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages pre-buff: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5043 // Smarter priests -> Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests pre-buff: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Smarter deployment: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Harder giant and phase spiders: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5070 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5090 // Smarter basilisks: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Improved doppelgangers: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6050 // Improved Ulcaster: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Improved Bassilus: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6110 // Improved Drasus party: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Improved Red Wizards: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Undercity party: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6140 // Improved minor encounters: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6150 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6160 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6170 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6190 // Tougher chapter-six end battle: v13
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved final battle: v13
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #7 // EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer -> Base Spawn Chance: 100% (default)
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #15 // Respawn Interval Selection -> Disable Respawning (interval set to 1000 game days)
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1218 // Ajantis Ilvastarr: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1219 // Alora: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Branwen: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1221 // Coran: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1222 // Dynaheir: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1204 // Edwin Odessiron: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1223 // Eldoth Kron: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1224 // Faldorn: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1225 // Garrick: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1226 // Kagain: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1227 // Khalid: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1228 // Kivan: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1212 // Minsc: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1229 // Montaron: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Quayle: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1231 // Safana: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1232 // Shar-Teel Dosan: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1233 // Skie Silvershield: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1234 // Tiax: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1235 // Xan: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1236 // Xzar: v1.2eib9
~LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1237 // Yeslick Orothiar: v1.2eib9
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2.2

Code:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in  Wrath Hell Trial: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v8
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // One Pixel Productions: v2 New Potion Graphics (2): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #2 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flaming Swords (3): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #3 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords (4): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #4 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords item patches (5): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #5 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #7 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Bucklers (D1) (8): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #8 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Small Shields (D2) (9): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #9 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields - Medium Shields (D3) (10): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #10 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves core (11): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #11 // 1PP: Colourable Quarterstaves core item patches (12): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #12 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Colourable Quarterstaves mod patches (13): v2.7
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elves w. leather armour [EFB2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elves w. chain mail [EFB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #2 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elven cleric w. plate armour [EFC4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #3 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elven fighter w. plate armour [EFF4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #4 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human unarmoured [HFB1]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #5 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human w. leather armour [HFB2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #6 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human w. chain mail [HFB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #7 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human cleric w. plate mail [HFC4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #8 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human fighter w. plate mail [HFF4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #9 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human unarmoured mage [HFW1]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human mage w. light robe [HFW2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * fixed halfling progression [IFB1, IFB2, IFB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #12 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * fix frame error on cleric plate [IFC4]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #13 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * dwarves w. chain mail [DMB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #14 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male elves w. chain mail [EMB3]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #15 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male human w. leather armour [HMB2]
~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #16 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male human w. chain mail [HMB3]
~1PP_FEMALE_DWARVES/SETUP-1PP_FEMALE_DWARVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II
~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1ppv3: Unique Thief Avatars (patch) -> BGII - Unique Thief Avatars (patch)
~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #2 // 1ppv3: Unique Thief Avatars (content)
~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #3 // 1ppv3: Improved Improved Galactygon's Avatar Switching
~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 9
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain
~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II, v7
~FADINGPROMISES/SETUP-FADINGPROMISES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fading Promises: 4
~SETUP-COM_ENCOUNTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chosen of Mystra's Encounters (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
~SETUP-VALHORN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Horns of Valhalla v1.2
~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): 3.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: 3.2
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v18
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #40 // Cure Sleep Fix: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v3
~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v2
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Hell Trials
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue Enhancement Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #21 // Infernal Thievery
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alignment Correction
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Class Tweaks/Fixes
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Continuity
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Cleric Kits
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Monk High Level Abilities
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.32
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.32
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Imprisonment Fix. (v2.10)
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Flesh to Stone Fix. (v2.10)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Bugfix: Fix the Mirror Image spell so it doesn't block area-effect magic: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Bugfix: Fix the Dispel Magic spell so it correctly allows for caster's level: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2111 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Change Carsomyr so that its Dispel on contact power grants a saving throw: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3510 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3522 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3530 // Faster Bears: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4002 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 80,000 gold pieces: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Improved shapeshifting: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Displacer Cloak: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Improved Spiders: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6051 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6110 // Smarter beholders -> Give beholder rays some chance to "burn through" spell protections: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Vampires: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6136 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6162 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6900 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7020 // More resilient trolls: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Sahuagin: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7120 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7078 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v11
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Consistently spell-like Bhaalpowers: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #204 // Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #205 // Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #217 // Bard songs break invisibility -> All Bard songs break invisibility: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #322 // Use Icewind Dale's Dimension Door animation -> Slow animation speed (matches BG2): v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #301 // Change the appearance of Valygar's armor: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #302 // Change the appearance of the Robe of Vecna: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #303 // Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset: v2.64
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v2.64
~SETUP-VIRTUE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Virtue
~BG2CPM/SETUP-BG2CPM.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Character Portrait Mod
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2191 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Identification Ability is Based on Storekeeper's Lore: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2291 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table Only: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3071 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Reputation Has No Effect, Stores Price Fixed at 100% (Luiz): v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v8
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2.2

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Despite the inferior real time with pause combat system and noticeable decline elements, I really have trouble thinking of an RPG that provided better value for money than BG2. Better engines, sure, but not better value.

By that time they had polished the infinity engine combat quite well and managed to push it to create some tactically interesting encounters. They also did a pretty impressive job creating a number of memorable epic special encounters, for example the Dragons were really a cut above what had been done in most other RPGs. (except the shitty one).

Spellcasting was a also cut above most other RPGs, even above most other D&D RPGs. And of course the number of spells was hilariously high.

Overall, a recipe for a good but not great CRPG. But it had so much more content than other CRPGs, that the rating has to improve. The speedy combat and solid but not incredibly demanding difficulty curve work well to accentuate this strength; playing unspoiled you will have to re-play some fights but not every encounter is brutally difficult. But that does have the advantage of letting you see all that content at a brisk pace.

TOB was just decline though.

almondblight

Arcane
octavius said:
I can't even imagine playing it real time, but the RTwP certainly grew on me after my initial dislike of it.

This. My initial reaction when I played my first (and so far, the only one I completed) Infinity Engine game (Icewind Dale) was "what the hell is this?" Especially after hearing how much these games were talked up, it was a real disappointment. The fights were clunky, chaotic, and didn't seem interesting at all. A lot of this changed when I actually understood that the system works by going through turns, so character actions other than movement aren't instantaneous, and the battle animations don't really show you what's happening in the game (I think), but are there to "look cool".

After a while I got used to it, and the combat engine is pretty decent, though not great. I remember having a lot of fun in IWD. The combat in BG so far isn't as fun, but part of that is fighting tons of trash mobs in the wilderness, and part of that is that I don't have any true wizards, just Garrick and Jaheira so far (pure fighter tactics are somewhat...boring). Really can't wait to duel Imoen or find a pure Wizard.

LoPan said:
It was between the neutral couple from the Friendly Arm (Khalid and whatever her name was, Jaheira?) and the two evil fellows (Montaron and Xzar). The evil fellows were butchered and I felt I was more than in a that point.

Hah, I missed those two completely, and only realized that by looking at GameFaqs. That didn't really bother me, but one thing that did was that I also found out that there were several nondescript houses in Beregost that I had overlooked, because their doors weren't viewable as a result of the angle (meaning, you couldn't see the doors at all, but if you placed the mouse cursor over the roof, it gave you the symbol showing one was there). I wouldn't have minded this if these two houses were just filler, but one was for a recruitable NPC (OK, I didn't keep him, but still), and the other would let me finish a quest. That's bad design right there.

This is compounded by the fact that so many houses are filler houses, with nothing really interesting inside. So, going through towns (well, at least Beregost) has been pretty annoying. I might just check out maps for each one.

Still, enjoying it a little more now. It took me a little while to switch gears from the urgency of the beginning to the "wander around moving stuff for people" part (well, OK, the beginning had that too). And I wish they tied the monsters to the game world a bit more so they felt like they had more of a purpose, rather than just lots of random things to kill (what the hell is a gibberling and why is it trying to kill me? what the hell are any of these?). We'll see how it goes.

LoPan

Learned
almondblight,

The companion problem is a stranger one that was never amended for some reason. It is far from unfounded that people recommend playing the game with a LAN-made party, so to speak. The Beregost house thing is a complete toss up no doubt about it, but it seems we are having rather similar experiences with BG and IWD (I ended up enjoying IWD quite a lot though for the first hour or five I was fairly perturbed) and if you are now starting to see something in it and are enjoying it then it is a safe bet that it'll only get better from there on.

Krash

Arcane
I get it doesn't appeal to everyone but personally I enjoyed ToB. Of course if you feel the combat is a drag it has far less appeal than BG2 proper since it is more combat focused. Still, I love how it actually shows how powerful you are by that point (lvl 20+).

Johannes said:

Yes Ascension seriously ramps up the difficulty, some fights you used to breeze through are now really dangerous. The last battle especially was a real bitch, even with my very extremely fine-tuned group. Took me over 20 tries with different tactics and a good deal of cheese to win, but I don't think I've been as satisfied with an end fight ever. Overall a very nice polish up of ToB and far better than most mods (you don't even notice it's a mod actually, feels more like the true complete version of the expansion).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom