Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I love the way Fallout 3 is criticized

Fenril

Scholar
I pray for deliverance from FO3 threads.

Too bad GOD does not read the RPGCODEX!

Everyone is going to keep eating this shit AND THEY ARE GOING TO LIKE IT!muhahahah

Kthx.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Cloaked Figure said:
Fallout 3 will have a good impact on the industry.

Ok, before you reply, read the entire argument.

First of all, there is no denying these facts:

- Fallout 3 will get very good reviews, and possibly some GOTY awards.
- Fallout 3 will make a lot of money, enough to make a sequel.

Keeping that in mind, also note that:

- Fallout 3 has dialog trees, and skill checks.
- Fallout 3 has Good/Evil alignments.
- Fallout 3 has a low fantasy setting.
- Fallout 3 has more than one ending.

A game with dialogs, choices, no magic, and a unique setting gets good reviews, and makes enough money for a sequel. I think you will all agree that Bethesda has some sort of impact on the RPG industry and how RPG's are made, and Fallout 3 will surely influence other games that are in development.

SO, what's the end result? Well there are positives and negatives..

Positive: We see more games with dialog trees, skill checks, good/evil alignments, and all that other stuff that we here on the Codex cherish so much.

Negative: One of our most beloved series had to be defiled to do it.

Let's face it, TB and Iso aren't coming back any time soon, but dialog trees, and C&C are timeless gameplay features that can never really become outdated. Bethesda has the power to make these features viable once more. If the Fallout name has to be sacrificed in the process, then that is only fair.

I dare one of you to prove me wrong.

This argument is a bit of a straw man. Will Fallout 3 have a positive effect on mainstream, cross-platform games? Maybe.

Will it make them good enough to be better than indie projects that craft challenging, interesting worlds? Probably not.

Even though I haven't played either one, I can tell you that AoD will probably be a lot more fun for me than even the heavily modded FO3 that I play once it reaches the bargain bin.

denizsi

Arcane
A few reviews I've read criticizes F3 for having "obsolete" dialogue trees, which has been out-innovated by Mass Effect's next-gen approach to dialogue. Not my words. That didn't stop them giving the game a 9.something / 10 though.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
See, some of the criticism here is a little better!

I liked Fallout 1+2 quite a bit. Played them around when they came out. Looks like they were instead of the natural evolution of the RPG genre, they were sort of a rare fluke along with games like Torment. Heck, in terms of a game world, Ultima 5 is rarely matched.

I just don't expect much from RPG's anymore. I'll pick up the Witcher and MoB in a few years when I get a new computer, maybe I will be pleasantly suprised.

Xi

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
See, some of the criticism here is a little better!

I liked Fallout 1+2 quite a bit. Played them around when they came out. Looks like they were instead of the natural evolution of the RPG genre, they were sort of a rare fluke along with games like Torment. Heck, in terms of a game world, Ultima 5 is rarely matched.

I just don't expect much from RPG's anymore. I'll pick up the Witcher and MoB in a few years when I get a new computer, maybe I will be pleasantly suprised.

So because you don't expect much from RPGs anymore nor should we? Also, we should silence our criticisms, that tend to be fairly accurate, because you don't care about them?

The real issue is that you have no legitimate argument while Codexers do. Instead of being told what to like we decide for ourselves. This is why you will tend to find more critical discussion going on here. Anyone is free to say whatever they want, and generally if you say something, anything you must back it up with some form of logical argument. If you don't people will either point out that you're a retard and flame you or they will criticize what you're saying line by line.(Or at least it used to be like this!)

You've provided no argument, yet you expect the Codex to provide an argument to persuade you away from the hype treadmill you've been on? The burden of proof for while FO3 is a good game is on you. If we play it and decide that we don't like it, and provide numerous reasons why, your criticism is pointless. So go buy the game, play it, and sit down and write a review that covers the reason why you liked the game. Other than that, all that's left is a flame war.

Fucking tool!

Helton

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
There is some real intelligent commentary here. Basically, it follows this format:

"Fallout 3 does _______. Hahhahahahaha that is so gay dumbest thing I have ever seen bethesda are all fags!!!!"

Please be more insightful. You could take any game and pick a feature, then make a context in which it seems silly. If you really want to be popular here, you should PM people to make friends instead of "LOL FALLOUT 3 IS TEH GAY!!!!11111111111", because when this happens, this forum seems as stupid as any Beth fan forum.

Hahahaha that's, like so gay dumbest shit I ever red, what a fag!!!

Galar

Novice
Xi said:
So because you don't expect much from RPGs anymore nor should we? Also, we should silence our criticisms, that tend to be fairly accurate, because you don't care about them?

The point is that if you had expectation from the game you should take with a lot of care any comment you are making about the game because you'll easily fail in the error to comment your expectation instead of the game itself.

It's a bit what happened to Neverwinter Night 1 that got many negative comments probably mainly because people was expecting another Baldur's Gate. NWN1 is far to be as bad than what you could read in forums at its release. The OC had good points and was overall a good CRPG and the addons was quite better making the whole pack a more than good CRPG.

I haven't check Fallout 3 (I didn't knew it was released for PC) so I don't comment the game but just want to point how wrong it is to judge a game on the expectation you have on it. Don't expect nothing, be open to new approaches and see if you can enjoy, that would be the best attitude to play such game.

Deleted member 7219

History always repeats itself.

The Codex had an invasion of assholes around the time of Oblivion's release, and now the same has happened for Fallout 3.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Matt7895 said:

The Codex had an invasion of assholes around the time of Oblivion's release, and now the same has happened for Fallout 3.

The question is: how long will they stay?

ElPresidente

Novice
Xi said:
BLOBERT said:
"Fallout 3 does _______. Hahhahahahaha that is so gay dumbest thing I have ever seen bethesda are all fags!!!!"

Butthurt detected!(Maybe literally?)

Bethesda are fags! Why you ask? Because they pander to homosexuals like yourself, and that's pure faggotry! God damned faggots!

But seriously, I haven't played the game yet, I'm just going off Bethesdian history here, and this would seem to indicate that making good games and being Bethesda are mutually exclusive.

Even funnier! You're probably one of those faggots who makes fun of the original games, and completely disregard the fact that Bethesda spent a few million to obtain the IP, without having even played F1 or F2 fully!

"It's Iso turn-based!(The horror) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what a piece of shit game! People who like this style of game are all fags!!!(Disregarding Blizzards recent statements on Iso - of course -) HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!1!11!1!!1 (Insert something leet here) HAHAHAHAHAHAaaahahAHhAHahaaahahaHAHAhahahahahah! I touch myself while playing 3D real-time! HAhhAHHAhahahAHaHAhAHAHhahahaHAHAHaa I'm stupid and don't care! HAhAhahAhaHAahahaahaaaaahAHAHaha!! Ignorance is blisss..... HAHAHAHAHahahahAHAhahahAHahahAh!"

Anyway, you need to go fuck off!

Wow. I mean... just... wow.

Nothing to do with your thoughts re Fallout or Bethesda... just the language. Did Julian Cleary force you to wear a pink frock as a child or something or are you just incapable of coming up with a more intelligent insult than questioning the sexuality of others?

Chefe

Erudite
My God, this place has turned into such a fucking joke.

Galar

Novice
Matt7895 said:

Ouch, your post just after mine I can only consider this is address to me in an hypocrital/coward way ie avoiding quote anybody.

Looser, keep your ass cheat for yourself. I perfectly agree that Oblivion is a crap, I played it. I didn't comment Fallout 3, I haven't yet played it and I'm not one of those no brain people commenting game they didn't play or didn't play more than 15mn.

So I haven't made any comment about Fallout 3, but just wanted to point how stupid it is to judge something on your expectation on it. That's the better way to be rigid and an... what you say? asshole? Yes that's that, asshole.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Galar said:
Xi said:
but just want to point how wrong it is to judge a game on the expectation you have on it. Don't expect nothing, be open to new approaches and see if you can enjoy, that would be the best attitude to play such game.

Bollocks. The age old argument you mustn't say shit tastes bad before you tried it. I keep hearing this from stupid people like you, an insult to my intelligence.

Burning Bridges

Chefe said:
My God, this place has turned into such a fucking joke.

Codex martial law, in times like these I am all for it, summary executions, public dumbfuckings every monday, etc.

Galar

Novice
GlobalExplorer said:
Galar said:
Xi said:
but just want to point how wrong it is to judge a game on the expectation you have on it. Don't expect nothing, be open to new approaches and see if you can enjoy, that would be the best attitude to play such game.

Bollocks. The age old argument you mustn't say shit tastes bad before you tried it. I keep hearing this from stupid people like you, an insult to my intelligence.
How about drop down from your high tower and explain why instead of just stating it? :D

I love this false arguing "that's wrong" just a claim and no arguing... pathetic.

DefJam101

Arcane
No wonder nothing fucking gets done on this site anymore. Everyone is wasting their time copying and pasting the same old arguments so that these people will fuck off and go back to their respective forums.

That, and that everyone here as of 15 days ago is a raging fucktard.

Chefe

Erudite
My Fallout 3 review should fix these bastards. Expect it in time for election day in the Prestigious Magazine.

Burning Bridges

Galar said:
How about drop down from your high tower and explain why instead of just stating it? :D

Because that would mean giving you way more attention than you deserve, dumbass.

Galar

Novice
Pitieful bunch of idiots here, here an extracts from last posts: bumbass, bastards, fucking, fuckard, dumbfuckings, Bollocks.

Lol, not idiots just a gang of 10 year old kids that want too play an adult role. So ridiculous. Still seeking for someone able to dialog a bit here!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom