Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I love the way Fallout 3 is criticized

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
There is some real intelligent commentary here. Basically, it follows this format:

"Fallout 3 does _______. Hahhahahahaha that is so gay dumbest thing I have ever seen bethesda are all fags!!!!"

Please be more insightful. You could take any game and pick a feature, then make a context in which it seems silly. If you really want to be popular here, you should PM people to make friends instead of "LOL FALLOUT 3 IS TEH GAY!!!!11111111111", because when this happens, this forum seems as stupid as any Beth fan forum.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
- Fallout 3 has dialog trees, and skill checks.
- Fallout 3 has Good/Evil alignments.
- Fallout 3 has a low fantasy setting.
- Fallout 3 has more than one ending.

Also Fallout 3 has extrene dumbing down, hand-holding etc. so why do you think its only influence will be positive?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Basically what Cloaked Fagure wanted to say here is that the success of Fallout3 will tell developers to make more games with incredibly retarded dialogues where INT checks are needed to say obvious, retarded Bioware(tm) good/evil alignment and just rape more licenses.

MetalCraze

Arcane
OMG they will include more stupid dialogues written for retarded 12 yrs old - that sure is a positive that outweighs not including this dumb shit.

Cloaked Figure said:
Not neccesarily. There are some studios that have actual good writers, and if they decide to make a game with dialog then these people will have a chance to show off their writing skills.

Too whom? Fallout3 target audience is full of retards. FO3 sells well only because the retarded fits retarded. A game with good dialogues will be doomed.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You forgot one tiny little thing.

the Moron factor.

Games are getting more and more pushed down to a lvl where every moron in the world can play it becaus the game have no deept or challenge at all.

Make a mistake no problem wait a hour and the mistake will "go AWAY" Kill a important NPC No need to worry in a few mins he will respamn/get back up.

Now you are right more games will come like this, but they will all be after the moron money.

Simple no challenge games that make stupid people fell clever.

Bathesda will never make a classic they are making games for the retard generation.

Dr.Bloodmoney

Novice
You're very optimistic Cloaked Figure...
I think developers will take all the bad things in FO3 and try to make it even worse (for hardcore PC RPG gamers of course, for console gamers it will be t3h w1n)

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
BLOBERT said:
Please be more insightful.
the allegedly darker atmosphere basically boils down to every raider or super mutants encampment being randomly filled with mutilated body parts, "gore sacks", and displayed corpses. as there are quite many of raider and/or super mutant infested locations, this technique results in sensory overloading, achieving the complete opposite, making those sceneries of murder and (probably) cannibalism seem uninteresting to funny, which brings me to the conclusion that it is, in fact, quite gay, and one of the dumbest design decisions i have ever witnessed, thus proving that current bethesda employees working on level/area design are all fags.

better?

J1M

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
There is some real intelligent commentary here. Basically, it follows this format:

"Fallout 3 does _______. Hahhahahahaha that is so gay dumbest thing I have ever seen bethesda are all fags!!!!"

Please be more insightful. You could take any game and pick a feature, then make a context in which it seems silly. If you really want to be popular here, you should PM people to make friends instead of "LOL FALLOUT 3 IS TEH GAY!!!!11111111111", because when this happens, this forum seems as stupid as any Beth fan forum.
This forum has 2 years of reasoned arguments. Learn to search, faggot.

Shannow

Waster of Time
J1M said:
BLOBERT said:

This forum has 2 years of reasoned arguments. Learn to search, faggot.
No, u r! /blobert

The Feral Kid

Prophet
BLOBERT said:

"There is a time for everything"

Are you familiar with this quote by Ecclesiastes?

There has been insight/constructive criticism for more than four years since Beth bought the rights. And not just here or NMA but in many gaming forums including major gaming sites. Now isn't the time for this. Now its time to ridicule this faggotry, those who play it, those who like it, and those who praise it in reviews.

MetalCraze

Arcane
And I still can't believe how retarded dialogues in FO3 are. It seems like your character needs to pass an INT skillcheck every time he needs to state the fucking obvious. Mass Effect feels like an intelligent AAA novel compared to this piece of shit. The stupid "As a Fallout sequel it sucks but as a separate game it may be just fine!" retarded excuse doesn't work anymore. Fallout 3 is so dumb it makes me cry for humanity.

racofer

Thread Incliner
And most importantly, those who sat here all these years cursing bethestapo for their decisions, cursing FO3 for being an abomination, and now actually BUY the game (even if it's solely for being disappointed), giving money to those fucktards.

Now this is beyond comprehension. Maybe it's part of that mentality some people have where you buy something known as being shit so you can complain later even knowing it's pointless. Anyway, stupid people.

Monocause

Arcane
@ Cloaked Figure:

Game INDUSTRY. There's a reason why they call it an 'industry' nowadays. Industry deals with meeting the estimated demand with supply, all of this for profit. The portion of market with biggest buyers is full of console kiddies or consumerist morons. The INDUSTRY will cater to their needs.
Our needs are a niche and will be supplied by smaller developers like Iron Tower, Spiderweb etc, who will do so either because of ideals or because they lack the financial means to get inside the major league.

Even if your argument about FO3's merits was correct (and it's doubtful to say at least), these merits wouldn't change the industry. It won't produce more large-budget intelligent games unless the market becomes more intelligent - which isn't likely to happen. Troika tried it and failed miserably.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Absolute rubbish. I went into this with an open mind, thinking, "ah, Fallout 3 can't be so bad. That's just the RPG Codex hating stuff that's outside their narrow view of games."

God how I was wrong. Fallout 3 a pile.

Dr.Bloodmoney

Novice
racofer said:
And most importantly, those who sat here all these years cursing bethestapo for their decisions, cursing FO3 for being an abomination, and now actually BUY the game (even if it's solely for being disappointed), giving money to those fucktards.

Now this is beyond comprehension. Maybe it's part of that mentality some people have where you buy something known as being shit so you can complain later even knowing it's pointless. Anyway, stupid people.

You don't have to buy it, it was torrented before it hit the stores.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
- Fallout 3 has dialog trees, and skill checks.

So what. Numerous recent games have dialogue trees and skill checks. They still suck

- Fallout 3 has Good/Evil alignments.

Big fucking deal

Fallout 3 has a low fantasy setting.

A game having a fantasy setting or not, being low or high fantasy doesn't make it good or bad. It's how you handle this setting. Look at Obsidian and post-NWN1 Bioware how they turned the awesome FR to the most generic and boring setting.

Fallout 3 has more than one ending

Unfortunately the thing with multiple endings has turned so bad in recent years that as upward the number of endings goes - downward the quality of the game falls. This results in over-complicated dumb-downess for a dumb generation that likes to complicate the wrong things. And you're a perfect example of it. Everything needs to have multiple fucking endings nowadays. What was so wrong with all those older games that didn't need such bullshit to be great?What's next, multiple endings in racing games and fucking soccer simulators?.

A game with dialogs, choices, no magic, and a unique setting gets good reviews, and makes enough money for a sequel

There are tons of games that have all you mention - and more - and still suck. Again it's not the subject matter, but how you handle it. So magic - no magic, original property or licensed, it's not what makes the difference.

I dare one of you to prove me wrong.

That was so easy.

elander_

Arbiter
The sad part of all this is that Bethesda has or had great writers at a certain time. Emil is a decent writer but with all the PR fagotry he is forced to comply when making his quests he can't possibly make a good game. If he wasn't forced or enjoyed to suck Bethesda cook for a living he would have left a long time like Ken Rolston or Michael Kirkbride did.

Xi

Arcane
BLOBERT said:

Butthurt detected!(Maybe literally?)

Bethesda are fags! Why you ask? Because they pander to homosexuals like yourself, and that's pure faggotry! God damned faggots!

But seriously, I haven't played the game yet, I'm just going off Bethesdian history here, and this would seem to indicate that making good games and being Bethesda are mutually exclusive.

Even funnier! You're probably one of those faggots who makes fun of the original games, and completely disregard the fact that Bethesda spent a few million to obtain the IP, without having even played F1 or F2 fully!

"It's Iso turn-based!(The horror) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what a piece of shit game! People who like this style of game are all fags!!!(Disregarding Blizzards recent statements on Iso - of course -) HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!1!11!1!!1 (Insert something leet here) HAHAHAHAHAHAaaahahAHhAHahaaahahaHAHAhahahahahah! I touch myself while playing 3D real-time! HAhhAHHAhahahAHaHAhAHAHhahahaHAHAHaa I'm stupid and don't care! HAhAhahAhaHAahahaahaaaaahAHAHaha!! Ignorance is blisss..... HAHAHAHAHahahahAHAhahahAHahahAh!"

Anyway, you need to go fuck off!

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
BLOBERT said:
Codex! Thy criticism of Fallout 3 is worthless!! It is not intelligent enough for me!!!

In the good old days, you were flamed for much less. Deliver a bit more of this and you will be everyones friend.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
CrimsonAngel said:
Bathesda will never make a classic they are making games for the retard generation.

I'm thinking along the same lines, recently.

racofer said:

Now this is beyond comprehension.

I don't understand this either. Seems a lot of people have watched way too much ads on TV. They have been deprived of their free will, lose control when something shiny calls "buy me!", and try to rationalize about their mistake later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom