Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I love the way Fallout 3 is criticized

ushdugery

Scholar
This whole page should have just ended at search function that way

/\
|
|

Xi

Arcane
racofer said:
Could've just said what we said many times already and spared yourself all this typing.

You mean he could have said very little, without any explanation, and portrayed a baseless claim as fact? Do you need a voice over too? Fucking start reading, start typing, and stop supporting the dumbing down of criticism!

Blackhart is a shining example of what it means to be a boy lover with substance and depth. Hah!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Drakron said:
... fuck, cigarettes were used as money in WW II prisoners camps without either the Germany Government, the Red Cross or the Allies Governments saying for the prisoners to use it as money.

The daily bread = 3 cigarettes

300 cigarettes = a bottle of vodka

racofer

Thread Incliner
Xi said:
racofer said:
Could've just said what we said many times already and spared yourself all this typing.

You mean he could have said very little, without any explanation, and portrayed a baseless claim as fact? Do you need a voice over too? Fucking start reading, start typing, and stop supporting the dumbing down of criticism!

Blackhart is a shining example of what it means to be a boy lover with substance and depth. Hah!

Why not? Everyone demands "constructive criticism" or else you are classified as a troll, but the same rule does not apply for praising something.

OT: do you like the smell of shit?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Excessive praise is just as stupid. You just don't see as much of it here.

Alot of the "stupid" things from Fallout 3 were equalled in 2. A talking plant, a shaman who contacts you with telepathy, good and evil Kung Fu armies, etc.

Dialogue is of course worse than old Fallouts, better than expected though. Skill checks are nice.

I am playing on hard and I am happy that things are fucking me up good at a low level.

Shannow

Waster of Time
BLOBERT said:
Alot of the "stupid" things from Fallout 2 were equalled in 3.
Fixed to make sense and
True stupidity shows itself in an unwillingness to learn from previous mistakes.

(Although I disagree on what you see as "stupid".)

Hazelnut

Erudite
Drakron said:
... fuck, cigarettes were used as money in WW II prisoners camps without either the Germany Government, the Red Cross or the Allies Governments saying for the prisoners to use it as money.

Yeah, but ciggies have an intrinsic value. They only loose that if everyone gives up smoking which is hardly likely in a WW2 POW camp. They kinda 'back' themselves.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hazelnut said:
Drakron said:

Yeah, but ciggies have an intrinsic value. They only loose that if everyone gives up smoking which is hardly likely in a WW2 POW camp. They kinda 'back' themselves.
And again, here's the value of the cigarette according to Auschwitz survivor Vladek Spiegelman:

He got his wife transferred to a different block for 300 cigarettes and a bottle of vodka. The Jews also traded whatever valuables they had left with the Polish workers.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
None of the stuff bothers me as excessively stupid, but picking apart Fallout 3 based on "realism" is silly if you hold up the other 2 as ideals.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Hazelnut said:
Drakron said:

And again, here's the value of the cigarette according to Auschwitz survivor Vladek Spiegelman:

He got his wife transferred to a different block for 300 cigarettes and a bottle of vodka. The Jews also traded whatever valuables they had left with the Polish workers.

I'm pretty sure you just missed my point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom