Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I hate birds.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I live my life during all of the dark hours because those are the best and quietest. I would like to advise any and all developers who might read this that bird-sounds are like nails on a chalkboard made out of styrofoam and kittens. Please stop with the bird-sounds as they remind me that the daytime exists. The daytime, and all birds, can go fuck themselves.

Thank you.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I loved exploring the wilderness in daytime in Baldur's Gate and hearing the sound of that soaring eagle. Such a great feeling.

funkadelik

Arcane
I live my life during all of the dark hours because those are the best and quietest. I would like to advise any and all developers who might read this that bird-sounds are like nails on a chalkboard made out of styrofoam and kittens. Please stop with the bird-sounds as they remind me that the daytime exists. The daytime, and all birds, can go fuck themselves.

Thank you.
I have to agree that the bird sounds in most games are extremely grating to the ears. They are often too loud, play too often, and have an uncanny affect when the game has no actual birds.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WdbLYkF.gif

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
birds are cool, got a shit-ton of swallows over my place at dusk lately, yeah they make a racket but the faux aerial combat is fucking sweet. worth it.

DraQ

Arcane
I loved exploring the wilderness in daytime in Baldur's Gate and hearing the sound of that soaring eagle. Such a great feeling.
There was no fucking exploration possible in BG, dammit!
:argh:
...that said, there were some nice outdoor views and that eagle sound complemented them nicely. If only they didn't use that retarded stipple for transparency - it's not that you actually *need* transparency for things like water in a 2d iso game - you might just as well fake it with good art.

ColCol

Arcane
Birds, I hate the word,
As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
Have at thee, coward!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom