Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How close to completion

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I know asking when it will be out will be answered by "When it's done." but what percentage of the game is complete. It looks like you are just working on getting the various screens in order to finalize everything, but I don't really know how game development works. Is the content added and ready to go, or is there still a lot of things to hammer out.

I am really looking forward to this game and will definitely buy it when it comes out. I hope that it is successful enough to warrant a follow up or two.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Technically, everything is done. If I absolutely had to ship something, I suppose we could put all pieces together within a month. What we are doing now is going through every aspect of the game and tweaking it.

Take the interface, for example. It's a really simple thing, but look how much time it took already, and we are not done yet. Thank God that Elhoim has kindly agreed to help us. Anyway, the point is that we are not done yet, and I don't think I can estimate it correctly at this point.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Technically, everything is done. If I absolutely had to ship something, I suppose we could put all pieces together within a month. What we are doing now is going through every aspect of the game and tweaking it.

Take the interface, for example. It's a really simple thing, but look how much time it took already, and we are not done yet. Thank God that Elhoim has kindly agreed to help us. Anyway, the point is that we are not done yet, and I don't think I can estimate it correctly at this point.

Well, it is good to see you polishing. I don't think any games do that any more, and it shows. I hope this means we will avoid crazy inconsistencies in the game world and all that jazz.

HardCode

Erudite
Whoever made the most tubgirl posts on the forum gets to be in the beta test group. So that makes KC so far.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
volourn worked on a fallout mod so if you guys need some extra help getting the game done i'm sure volourn would love to do it.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Astromarine said:
are we there yet?

What about now?

What about now?

When any of the kids do that in the car I always fantasize about saying "yes", stopping the car letting them get out and then just driving off... :twisted:

Hazelnut

Erudite
Section8 said:
I do the same with my kids. Although technically they're not my kids, but boy do they like candy.

:shock: Are you channeling the spirit of Blackheart or something S8? That's a seriously worrying statement! :o

dagorkan

Arbiter
Just don't overdo the tweaking. You will never get everything exactly right and as long as you can fix any minor issues you overlooked in a one or two patches I don't think people will mind. Remember a beta team of several thousand is better than one of a handful!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
dagorkan said:
Just don't overdo the tweaking. You will never get everything exactly right and as long as you can fix any minor issues you overlooked in a one or two patches I don't think people will mind. Remember a beta team of several thousand is better than one of a handful!

But beware, this line of thinking can take you to the dark side...

Of course I´m sure there will be patches adressing balance tweaks (with tweaks I´ll surely make to the interface), but the game at release it should be as polished and stable as possible (with this last one as the most important!).

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
As long as it doesn't go the grimoire route... Anybody heard if VD has moved into a bunker yet?

denizsi

Arcane
By the way, I was wondering if you have thought about isometric rendering in the game as an option, as in UFO:AI. 3D and ISO blend greatly. If you haven't, I beg you to consider it :)

Tiavals

Novice
Okay, assuming the game gets released this year, how will it be distributed and how much will it cost?

I read several of the older(2005) threads on the matter, but since they're so old(and inconclusive) I thought I'd ask again.

Thanks.

Vault Dweller

Developer
25 bucks, digital distribution mostly. A lot of publishers show interest, but the feeling isn't mutual.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller said:
25 bucks, digital distribution mostly. A lot of publishers show interest, but the feeling isn't mutual.

Is there any chance that you would burn it on CD and send it to people, like it is done with Teudogar? I don't really like it when I have to download it after I paid, I like my games to be on some kind of disk.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yep. We'll have a special edition: nice, shiny box; detailed manual with concept art, jewel case, etc, for people who like this kind of stuff. It will look as good and professional as anything you see on the shelves. We'll spare no expensese, but it will cost much more, obviously.

If you just want me to mail you a disk in a paper bag, sure, not a problem.

Vault Dweller said:
Yep. We'll have a special edition: nice, shiny box; detailed manual with concept art, jewel case, etc, for people who like this kind of stuff. It will look as good and professional as anything you see on the shelves. We'll spare no expensese, but it will cost much more, obviously.
How about a cardboard box? :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom