Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
They even managed to stuff political correctness in - right in the first mission, I was forced to play two sandnigger lesbians, one of which is a djinn. :D

ClaviculaZ

Novice
Ubisoft should reconsider sending a copy to the Codex. The target audience is obviously alive and well here.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I should add that in the final battle, I defeated the entire enemy army by casting a single Tsunami spell (nice balance you have there, gg) so everyone sure was soaking wet.

Llord

Novice
So there is no way to have random skill selection in campaign? Limbic I trusted you...

Otherwise game works fine and gives those nice HoMM vibes. Squares instead of hexes are as always the worst. When will they see that you cannot have a true HoMM without hexes and random skill selection?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
How is that exactly? Giving player more control over hero development is probably the only major change I wanted to see from III.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
You get to pick at level-ups, the buildings you visit still give you more or less random stuff. And the skills are ridiculously unbalanced of course. :D

baturinsky

Arcane
They even managed to stuff political correctness in - right in the first mission, I was forced to play two sandnigger lesbians, one of which is a djinn. :D
I miss the times when I was perceiving lesbians in media as "wow, hot!" instead of "not this SJW shit again".

Llord

Novice
How is that exactly? Giving player more control over hero development is probably the only major change I wanted to see from III.
Short answer - because it is boring.
Longer rant - It limits your development options to a few cookie-cutter builds. It removes the necessity to plan for various possible outcomes and adjust your strategy as you go through the game based on what you get to choose from at level up.

I understand that there is a try-hard multiplier dueling HoMM community which hates to lose a tournament game based on some lucky/unlucky rolls. But I'm not asking to remove the option to manually select skills, but there should be an option to have a random selection. I think it is actually present for skirmish games , just strangely not for campaign.

I'm playing the second campaign mission now on heroic and I'm already totally bored with hero progression because of that.

Archibald

Arcane
I miss the times when I was perceiving lesbians in media as "wow, hot!" instead of "not this SJW shit again".

I think that lesbians were hotter and had stronger character back in the day, now its mostly bunch of retarded girls/women who have no clue what to do with their lives so they go with whatever is trending on their facebook profile.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Short answer - because it is boring.
Longer rant - It limits your development options to a few cookie-cutter builds.
Bro, we all played HoMM our whole lives here, let's not pretend that when you actually faced a tough opposition you didn't have a few cookie cutter builds to take, the only thing that mattered was the sequence in which you got the skills and stuff like you picking Loynis and then not getting water magic through the whole game happened once in a blue moon. Randomness actually enforced the cookie cutter(ness) if anything, since same heroes were picked all the time due to the fact that they were guaranteed to have certain skills from the start.

And your claim is a logical fallacy anyway, lack of randomness doesn't enforce picking the same skills every time in any way, it's the imbalance and the stupid ocd among many players (I'm playing the game for the 167th time, I'll pick the very same skills like the last 166 times because they're the strongest) that does.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Guess, that's right. Nothing much to talk about, other than the game being a broken mess. People seem even more upset on the official website, even though it should have been clear, that it wouldn't change much after the Beta. Why did they even preorder? Current ratio on Steam is 45% positive, 55% negative. Let's see how this turns out for the sales, as Steam allows a refund...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Here's a positive review:

In conclusion, I’d say Might And Magic Heroes VII is a worth entry into the series. I’d even go as far to say that it’s better than Heroes 5, which is a fantastic game in its own right, but felt shallow. Coming from the lackluster Heroes 6, Heroes 7 refreshes my hope in the franchise, and I hope that the games will be released more regularly and with quality similar or better than that of Heroes 7.

Strengths
  • - Brings back the imagination of the older games
  • - Beautiful environments and interesting character designs
  • - Stable and bugless
Weaknesses
  • - Campaigns could be a bit longer
  • - Vague plotline
  • - Confusing campaign layout

9/10

http://www.bagogames.com/a-worthy-successor-might-and-magic-heroes-vii-review/

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Only chance for this game is to fix the bugs, crashes and multiplayer. Then it'll still be a mediocre game, but at least it works.
Hmm... guess in a year or so? :roll:

Nahel

Arcane
So it is another failure? What level of disaster? This licence is cursed....We finally had a good product with H5 expansions and since then it is only decline...

Nahel

Arcane
We need seven reviews, all done by Darth Roxxor!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom