Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Heroes Never End (LR: WildStorm)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The High died? Like real dead or comic book death?

Sucks. I liked his retro style.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
U9OcS.jpg

WjlB0.jpg

DHsbq.jpg

l5Gv1.jpg

8avlp.jpg

g6fKn.jpg

hR9YO.jpg

GvCMF.jpg

iKJ2k.jpg

Q5EHO.jpg

xTCGL.jpg

i79r4.jpg

50nUh.jpg

DvkD4.jpg

cw44R.jpg

nmNOX.jpg

2eCPI.jpg

EdEBc.jpg

PCbYX.jpg

i9jTj.jpg

lqgbA.jpg

4a6Uj.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So bad it's good, then slightly worse so it's just bad again.

Major :bro: to Vaarna Aarne for making a billion imgur accounts to post this.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Despite the lame xenomorph ripoff look, the story of that ship was kinda cool.

So the High was indeed comic book dead? Slightly predictable, but I won't complain, since he's cool.

Flint continues to amuse, as well.

The final comic felt strained, like it couldn't handle the scale of its own story. Kinda dumb.

DvkD4.jpg

lulz they actually drew the stiffy. That'd kinda funny, in a juvenile way.

SoupNazi

I didn't even notice that.

That being said, god this turned out to be a horrible comics. I can safely say I actually liked it up to this point (I'm not very :monocle: about comics), and only just now the full derp hit me. Wow. The meta-talk of The High about how comic book heroes don't really die... ugh.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
I liked it. Call me a sissy, or whatever, but I liked the sappy ending.

When I look at comics (maybe I am wrong) I think they are supposed to be fun. Every other story arc ended pretty happily, so I don't see why the whole ending shouldn't have.

Anyway, all praises to you, Vaarne. I feel much the deeper person for having read this. Thank you for sharing.

:salute:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
OK, that finale was just terrible. Not to mention the huge number of plot holes that have been left all over the series. Off the top of my head:
- whatever happened to TAO (they explicityly state shooting him in the head wasn't enough to kill him)
- Bendix is supposedly still walking around in his son's body
- Majestros and Nemesis's baby and whoever is mind-controlling her
- Dr Sin, shown escaping in Number of the Beast, then never reappears
- whatever happened to Jeremy when Zealot almost-sliced him. He was recounting the story, which means he should still be alive and fully conscious... why the hell hasn't he returned himself to a normal size then?
Probably a dozen more too. Such is the nature of comics I guess.

Glad they brought back The High though, he was one of the best characters despite being superpowered. Even if the way they brought him back was complete derp.

Anyway thanks for posting Vaarna. :bro:

Random

Arcane
Patron
If you ask me, the High shoulda (and coulda) kicked that thing's ass. That would have been a much more awesome finale.

Vaarna_Aarne

Personally as a fan, I was happy with the ending. It's nice that the WildStorm universe got a happy ending as a whole and didn't just disappear into nowhere like it could have. And what The High said to Hawksmoor was actually pretty profound for a simple action-adventure comic (think about it).

I'm a bit sad that Majestic and Nemesis didn't get the time for a happy ending, since after all the shit Madge has been through over the years he deserves it. But hey, at least I know that whoever the bad guy is, they don't stand a chance against Majestic this time.

I liked the meat-space-station storyline too, I didn't expect to when I peeked a look and saw xenomorph-lookalikes, but it turned out really nice.

Sceptic said:
OK, that finale was just terrible. Not to mention the huge number of plot holes that have been left all over the series. Off the top of my head:
- whatever happened to TAO (they explicityly state shooting him in the head wasn't enough to kill him)
- Bendix is supposedly still walking around in his son's body
- Majestros and Nemesis's baby and whoever is mind-controlling her
- Dr Sin, shown escaping in Number of the Beast, then never reappears
- whatever happened to Jeremy when Zealot almost-sliced him. He was recounting the story, which means he should still be alive and fully conscious... why the hell hasn't he returned himself to a normal size then?
Probably a dozen more too. Such is the nature of comics I guess.

Glad they brought back The High though, he was one of the best characters despite being superpowered. Even if the way they brought him back was complete derp.

Anyway thanks for posting Vaarna. :bro:
Actually, there's a simple answer for all of those: When each and every one of those arcs started, WildStorm was supposed to stay around. Then DC decided to shut the imprint down and integrate the IP to their main universe. Though in case of Jeremy the implication was that by shrinking to a sub-molecular level he doesn't have the power to grow back.

PS: I liked the spam attack, fuck you.

Holy Cow

The spam attack was the best part...the rest of derp, good thing the HIGH survived, cuz hes a bro.

but...i mean...wildstorm, once upon a time you had top cow wiv you.

vaarna (may I call you vayne?), well vayne, you should post now the strykeforce/stormwarch crossover and then...the entirety of planetary

you know you want it

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm not sure about Planetary though, since it can be acquired easily from comic book stores in its entirety.

The original idea I had was to post Dan Abnett's and Andy Lanning's Majestic solo series.

SoupNazi

Just post something. I want to read MOAR!!!

I also liked the plot twist that the Carrier was really just a way to harvest life force, I thought that was excellent.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The GIANT SPIKE DOCKING MODULE™ was a bit silly though. Considering the xenomorph wannabes supposedly used tech stolen from the shiftship-race-brain.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Vaarna_Aarne said:
The original idea I had was to post Dan Abnett's and Andy Lanning's Majestic solo series.
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Would be good to see Majestic not being treated with as much derp as he was in World's End.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well they do have a space station made primarily from meat, so give them a break.

EDIT: There's also a one-shot story by Alan Moore where Majestic is one of the last beings still alive at the heat death of the universe.

Vaarna_Aarne

How stereotypically villainous of you to expect the bad guys to win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom