Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hello, new to site and looking for recommendations for crpg

Why are people recommending games that have nothing to do with those that he liked?

This is the Codex, woman...

We skim through other people's posts with glazed eyes, ignore everything they say, and go on a lengthy autistic rant about what's of interest to us! It's just like politics and religion, just more important.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Ignore most advice on this forum, most people here have the tastes of a rotting possum (and I use the term people loosely).

Let the Porkman tell you about ACTUALLY GUD RPGs though the history of this here planet:

Ultima Underworld
Betrayal at Krondor (shit graphics now but if you can get past that, good RPG)
Fallout
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate
Planescape: Torment
Gothic
Gothic 2
Arx Fatalis
Divine Divinity
Deus Ex (play it with GMDX mod, made by a fellow retard on this forum, Ash , shit tastes in gaming but the mod is excellent)
System Shock 2
Mask of the Betrayer (expansion for NWN2)
Risen
Fallout: New Vegas
Dark Souls
Witcher
Witcher 3
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
ELEX
Expeditions: Viking
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Battle Brothers
Vulture (graphical NetHack)
Guy has the nerve to call other peoples choices shit but shills for Twitcher 3 whenever he can jfl fuck off back to trannycord

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm gonna be honest, my problem while playing party based rpgs is that I have too much trouble when I make my party, since I want everything to be perfect and suit my idea of a team and then I end up with way too many options, that's what happened to me at least with games like Baldur's Gate 2 or some examples, I find that there is so many options for each char that I end up not understanding how to build my guys. Might have to do that I have never played a DND type game before and I never really got into the multi classing stuff, I am kinda stoopid not gonna lie.

You can't really make a perfect team without having deep knowledge of the game. Analysis-paralysis is common for crpgs so don't worry about it.

Take a look at Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness. It's an indie crpg that's not as complex as most of the titles mentioned here. The party size is also smaller - just 5 goons. Better quality games have been recommended but this one shouldn't really give you the problem of having too many options. They are also about to start a kickstarter campaign for the expansion so there will possible be new content down the line. The thread for it is also pretty active the past few days. And here's the codex review.

Dragon Age: Origins is also pretty simple (only 4 goons) and very cheap. The series goes downhill after the first game but if you haven't played DA2 you can give it a try. Just be careful with that one. It can possibly change your sexual orientation.

wanderlust96

Literate
Hey guys, sorry for not answering to all the posts, I've not been at home for the last days, I'm reading everything though. Thanks for all the recommendations, Arkania HD seems like a good choice probably and maybe Icewind Dale. Thanks guys!

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Hey guys, sorry for not answering to all the posts, I've not been at home for the last days, I'm reading everything though. Thanks for all the recommendations, Arkania HD seems like a good choice probably and maybe Icewind Dale. Thanks guys!
The HD version sucks, just FYI.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Arkania HD is almost as good a game as Choplifter HD, and twice as much of an RPG. :M

16277555-choplifter-hd-windows-main-menu.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The HD version sucks, just FYI.
Don't listen to this kraut, it's the most recommended game on the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom