Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

Mauman

Learned
While I have no horse in this race as I never got around to getting this game, I do side with the people who are against this change.

That being said, I'm finding the whole thing rather funny. I don't remember the last time I've seen a game get so much good will and then burn it all to the ground.

Harthwain

Magister
I suppose Sony really took the retarded route with this one. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

According to comments you do have to make multiple refunds attempts as you'll apparently first be rejected based on hours alone.

Yeah, Steam better honour the refunds with this stupid policy change as it makes the game literally unplayable for some people.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Some countries (in this case Ukraine) can't make PSN account from PC level - they have to get consoles to make one.
Literally "too poor 2 play lmao"

are consoles still "luxury good" level of expensive (with taxes for that) like it used to be in most former eastern block countries?

GMydPNJXgAAUQSW

flyingjohn

Arcane
I suppose Sony really took the retarded route with this one
Not really. Sony is completely reliant on outsiders funding them. If they had to choose between 10 000 new PSN users or a billion dollars they would choose PSN users.
They are not like Microsoft that has a lot of money and still make some money or Nintendo who actually make money.

Fargus

Arcane
Did Soyny really delisted this pile of shit in 200 countries? Hahahaha

That's why i never bother with multiplayer trash.

The whole idea of banning players seems pretty ridiculous. And it seems like companies have gotten too ban happy since the 2010s started. The only reason to really ban someone is if they’re doing hack shit that is actively fucking up the game for other players...like when GTA Online hackers just lock random players into spots and don’t allow them to play the game. In that cast you’ve got one paying customer that could be stopping who knows how many other paying customers from playing the game they payed for. But otherwise, who gives a fuck really. These are people that paid to play a game. You’d be better off designing a match making system that matched up players “harassing” people or saying bad words, so you can still get their money as opposed dropping them. As long as they aren’t doing something that literally fucks with other peoples games, or something that’s actually criminal (in which case other steps can be taken) it just seems like a hands off approach would be the best way to go about things, and the way to make the most from a game.

Although video games of the last decade or so, so do not want players talking to each other it’s becoming more and more odd they even let them communicate with each other through actual speech or text in the games.

I suppose Sony really took the retarded route with this one
Not really. Sony is completely reliant on outsiders funding them. If they had to choose between 10 000 new PSN users or a billion dollars they would choose PSN users.
They are not like Microsoft that has a lot of money and still make some money or Nintendo who actually make money.

I don’t think they would choose 10,000 new PSN users over making a billion dollars selling a game. The PSN account is free. If it actually cost something to have a PSN account, if you needed a PlayStation Plus account to play this game, you might have a point. But even 10,000 new PS+ users wouldn’t bring them a billion dollars, it wouldn’t even bring them a million dollars a year.

Someone probably just looked at some numbers and figured by not selling the game in regions they’re no longer selling it in they won’t take much of a hit, and that everyone else wouldn’t really give a shit about the whole PSN thing.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Apparently, all of the Helldivers' Community Managers were just the Reddit mods from the previous game?

That explains way too many things...

ferratilis

Magister
All they had to do was nothing, just sit back and bask in the laurels. But Snoy just couldn't do that, could they?

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/sony-caught-lying-about-the-psn-account-requirement-on-pc/

Sony caught lying about the PSN account requirement on PC​

May 5, 2024 John Papadopoulos 3 Comments

A lot has happened in the past couple of days regarding the PSN account requirement for Helldivers 2. According to the devs, Sony forced them to make a PSN account mandatory on PC/Steam. Not only that but Sony was caught lying about the PSN account requirement on its PlayStation games on PC.
In 2022, Sony said PC gamers won’t need to log in to the PlayStation Network. They made it clear that when playing a PlayStation game on a PC, signing in to PSN is an optional choice. This info is from Sony’s own PlayStation Network Support page which launched in 2022.

PSN PC original statement
Later on, Sony quietly changed that page. Now, it says that for some PlayStation games, you might have to sign in and connect to a PSN account. This is completely different from what Sony was claiming back in 2022.

PSN PC revised statement
The fact that Sony has secretly edited that page is not what you’d expect from such a big company. This adds to why PC gamers are upset with Sony. Helldivers 2 has been fine without needing a PSN account for three months. So, there is no reason at all to force a PSN account on PC gamers.
And you know what’s funnier? Sony has banned someone who has used a VPN to create a PSN account to play Helldivers 2 on PC, in a country that does not officially support PSN. This basically means that in countries that do not officially support PSN, you’ll have to either break the PSN TOS and hope for the best, or stop playing the game they have bought.
For what it’s worth, Arrowhead admitted that Sony is the one that made the PSN account requirement mandatory in Helldivers 2. The devs are currently looking into better solutions to this. They also claimed that if Sony does not provide a fix for the countries that do not support PSN, they won’t likely make that requirement mandatory for those players.
PC gamers are not happy about this whole thing, and they’ve shown this via Steam’s Review system. Right now, the game’s reviews on Steam aren’t great. But still, lots of people are playing it. So, this could mean two things. Either Steam users are simply whining, or they’ll quit playing when that PSN requirement goes into full effect.
As I’ve already said, Ghost of Tsushima will not require a PSN account for its single-player campaign mode. However, for accessing its multiplayer features, it will require one.

lightbane

Arcane
I like how a game about parodying a decadent, fascistic, and totalitarian regime... Ends up becoming a victim of a move straight out of a decadent, fascistic, and totalitarian regime.
Nintendo has been winning the console war for the last 2 generations because Sony and co keep doing stupid shit like this.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Sony just delisted the game in more than a hundred countries, including the Philippines, Serbia, Montenegro, etc.

Source

A dude in the Philippines said he cant launch the game anymore because of the region locks.

From comments:
Fun fact: cant refund if in a delisted country, got a friend from Montenegro who just doesnt have the option.
:hmmm:

It gets better. :shittydog:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1ckmjqf/france_added_as_restricted_country/

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jesus Christ developers. Stop hiring blue-haired tranny bioforges as your community managers. How hard is that to learn?

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't think AH were the ones who decide where the game is being sold, isn't it the publisher who runs the store page?

Artyoan

Arbiter
Random thoughts:
-Delisting from countries that could buy it seems like a strong counter argument to the idea that this was always the plan
-I bought it and was not at all aware that this might become a requirement
-I'm not a huge fan of mass negative reviews but I see so few options for getting back at corporate malfeasance that this is acceptable to me. Downside is that customer reviews are now less reliable as to the actual nature of the game. Dragon's Dogma 2 had the same effect. A 9/10 game (to me) presented as a 6/10. That's a shame.
-The game will survive this anyway. Even if they don't relent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom