Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

About This Game​

SuperEarthSTEAM.gif

The Galaxy’s Last Line of Offence.

Enlist in the Helldivers and join the fight for freedom across a hostile galaxy in a fast, frantic, and ferocious third-person shooter.

BugAssaultSTEAM.gif

URGENT BROADCAST – SUPER EARTH ARMED FORCES​

Freedom. Peace. Democracy.
Your Super Earth-born rights. The key pillars of our civilization.
Of our very existence.
But the war rages on. And everything is once again under threat.
Join the greatest military force the galaxy has ever seen and make this a safe and free place to live.

StratagemSTEAM.gif

BECOME A LEGEND​

You will be assembled into squads of up to four Helldivers and assigned strategic missions.
Watch each other’s back – friendly fire is an unfortunate certainty of war, but victory without teamwork is impossible.

EagleExplosionsSTEAM.gif

LOADOUTS​

Rain down freedom from above, sneak through enemy territory, or grit your teeth and charge head-first into the jaws of combat.
How you deliver liberty is your choice; you’ll have access to a wide array of explosive firepower, life-saving armor and battle-changing stratagems… the jewel in every Helldiver’s arsenal.

ChargerChargeSTEAM.gif

REQUISITION​

Super Earth recognises your hard work with valuable Requisition. Use it to access different rewards that benefit you, your squad, your destroyer ship and our overall war effort.

StriderSTEAM.gif

THREATS​

Everything on every planet wants you dead. That’s what we’re dealing with.
Each enemy has distinct and unpredictable characteristics, tactics, and behavior – but they all fight ferociously and without fear or morality.

SquadRunningSTEAM.gif

THE GALACTIC WAR​

Capturing enemy planets, defending against invasions, and completing missions will contribute to our overall effort.

This war will be won or lost depending on the actions of everyone involved.

We stand together, or we fall apart.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The game is neat but there's a lot of issues with matchmaking and rewards not being handed out right now. Progression is fucky.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
The game is neat but there's a lot of issues with matchmaking and rewards not being handed out right now. Progression is fucky.
Other than yesterday (couldn't even connect to the game), I've been playing without issues since release. To be fair I've been playing with friends, solo or sending the beacon while in-game to call in other players; the quickplay fucntion while you're in a lobby was fucked on release. According to the devs, they're having much more players than expected (155K on steam alone, and this has crossplay with PS5).

Last edited:

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I really liked the first HD and was kind of surprised to see this turning into a shooter. How did the transition go? I don't think the trailers show any rideable vehicles, are they still in the game?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I really liked the first HD and was kind of surprised to see this turning into a shooter. How did the transition go? I don't think the trailers show any rideable vehicles, are they still in the game?
They are adding mechs and vehicles later. I believe basic APCs will be in soon.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I find the Starship Troopers rip-off a bit much. Makes the setting come off as fake.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
I find the Starship Troopers rip-off a bit much. Makes the setting come off as fake.
It can be a tad too on the nose, for sure, but I like the setting so much that I don't care. Most of all, what surprised me (and made me play the game for so many hours already) is the great transition from the cenital view from the first one to this TPS perspective. The gunplay feels incredible and higher difficulties keeps the adrenaline pumping all the way until the extraction.

-M-

Educated
I thought the first one was decent at best. It had some solid systems with some nice attention to detail (e.g. leaving a round in the chamber) but the game did absolutely nothing with them. The mission designs were as generic as it could get and mostly consisted of just waiting around objectives for a timer to tick down. It was as if cooks were handed a batch of high-end ingredients and they couldn't figure out how to boil water. Then there was the obvious grind, unbalanced weapons, and hordes of DLC. Still, it was fun with a group and still had some of that Magicka charm that I'm not seeing in the sequel, which feels like everyone is "in" on the joke and winking at you every time they talk.

Removal

Scholar
Ended up returning it mainly due to connection issues. Have a feeling it's probably gonna end up as a flavor of the month game and drop off hard
that said, gunplay was pretty decent and it kinda scratches the EDF feel

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Looks like it could be GOTY material if not for the small issue of the requirement of having friends to have fun.
Come on, man. You can use the quickplay function, or even select specific planets to join operations with missing helldivers. I bet you can make new friends that way. I believe in you :bro:

You can also play solo although higher difficulties are a pain in the ass with the amount of patrols that can trigger an assault.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Harthwain

Magister
I heard the game uses some really nasty anticheat (something about allowing it to take over your PC). Is this true? This is the main reason I didn't buy it yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom