Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

Crayll

Liturgist
Reviews are down to Mixed overall already.

xJBATzK.png

Gerrard

Arcane

Q: What is the benefit of this for me?
A: So we can ban you more easily.
Q: What if I live in a place that does not have PSN?
A: You must have PSN registered in the country you live in or will be account banned.
Q: Will you keep my data safe?
A: We are very welcoming and inclusive.
"We take online safety seriously"
m2EaOFj.jpeg

This is the person behind that post.

Hell Swarm

Educated
The four eyed face of every HR woman in every company in every nation in the western hemisphere right there.
I'm really worried about safety. So we need more of the most violent and rapey demographics possible. Now subacribe to my only fans, I need to pay for Better help this month.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's a shame, game seemed cool and I was inclined to jump on the bandwagon when I had some more free time or saw a sale.

In unrelated news, can anyone tell me how to convert my shekels into stock for whatever company develops EDF6?

lycanwarrior

Scholar
It's a shame, game seemed cool and I was inclined to jump on the bandwagon when I had some more free time or saw a sale.

In unrelated news, can anyone tell me how to convert my shekels into stock for whatever company develops EDF6?
The developer (Sandlot) is a privately-owned Japanese company.

The publisher (D3 Publisher) is a subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holdings. Their stock ticker is NCBDY for American investors (ADRs). NCBDF is their official Japanese stock ticker.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

The publisher (D3 Publisher) is a subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holdings. Their stock ticker is NCBDY for American investors (ADRs). NCBDF is their official Japanese stock ticker.
Well dang, I doubt the stock of a company as large as Bamco is going to see much of a bump even if EDF sells triple what their last game did. Was worth a shot.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Well dang, I doubt the stock of a company as large as Bamco is going to see much of a bump even if EDF sells triple what their last game did. Was worth a shot.
They announced a year or two ago it took about 5 years for EDF5 to hit 1 million units sold, and I doubt the majority of those were from western digital sales. I'm actually kinda surprised it still reaches ~1.5k players a day on Steam. Whatever happens with this fuck-up I'm not sure EDF will ever attract enough people to break too far out of their niche, not without seriously putting more money into the series. Though, it does surprise me that even after Sseth's video promoting it with ~2.5 million views from last year, the highest it ever hit was 8k players. They've been kinda stingy with their sales, cheapest ever sale price is right now @ $18, which may be off-putting for people considering it's a 2017 game that ostensibly looks far older than it's age.

ultimanecat

Arcane
I love EDF and am looking forward to it, but it’s not Helldivers. I actually convinced myself to try Helldivers based on maybe playing it like EDF, but let’s be honest, EDF is extremely Japanese, janky as fuck, and does not play like a modern game-as-service. If you’re being charitable let’s just say it’s static and arcadey and you’ll be lucky to see more than one or two patches ever instead of the constant updating in Helldivers.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Can Sony stop being retarded for five minutes? Jesus Christ, first Stellar Blade, and now Helldivers 2. Are they actively trying to kill themselves?
It's funny, because there's rumors that the Switch 2 is going to be larger than the Switch was. Meanwhile, there's also rumors that Sony is getting back in the hand held market, which would be a serious blow to Nintendo. Nintendo essentially getting out of the hand held market leaves a huge vacuum for Sony to exploit. So, now isn't really the best time for them to start fucking everything up. Yet, here we are.

Elttharion

Learned
Sony just delisted the game in more than a hundred countries, including the Philippines, Serbia, Montenegro, etc.

Source

A dude in the Philippines said he cant launch the game anymore because of the region locks.

Can Sony stop being retarded for five minutes? Jesus Christ, first Stellar Blade, and now Helldivers 2. Are they actively trying to kill themselves?
It's funny, because there's rumors that the Switch 2 is going to be larger than the Switch was. Meanwhile, there's also rumors that Sony is getting back in the hand held market, which would be a serious blow to Nintendo. Nintendo essentially getting out of the hand held market leaves a huge vacuum for Sony to exploit. So, now isn't really the best time for them to start fucking everything up. Yet, here we are.

Nintendo didn’t essentially get out of the handheld market. The Switch is their handheld. Nintendo combined their fledgling console division with their highly successful handheld division back in 2013, and the result of this was their 2017 handheld hybrid system Nintendo Switch. The Switch is only exceeded in sales by the original Nintendo DS and PS2; given how well the Switch has done, it seems Nintendo OK in the handheld department. The only way Sony would be able to take Nintendo on at handhelds would be if they were able to price them out, or if they had some reasonably priced (very reasonably priced) VR “handheld” device.

Sony has also been in that “now isn’t the time to fuck things up” place for a while now. Ever since Nintendo started kicking their asses with the Switch. It’s part of what makes it so strange that Sony is still acting like their on top like they were with the PS4, because they’re not in that place anymore, and haven’t been for years now.

I wonder if this is the end of Arrowhead Game Studios working with Sony on future games. I guess the good news is Sony didn’t buy them up just before this happened, so they aren’t locked into a partnership with them.

If Microsoft was smart they’d swoop in and contract Arrowhead Game Studios to make something exactly like Helldivers 2 but with like Halo or Doom or something... they’ve got a lot of series they could slap on this formula.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Di they have this bullshit now ON TOP of their DRM rootkit? Or did they get rid of the malware in favour of this method?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The Switch is only exceeded in sales by the original Nintendo DS and PS2; given how well the Switch has done, it seems Nintendo OK in the handheld department.
It hasn't surpassed the DS in terms of sales, and it didn't surpass the sales of the DS and Wii combined, since those were the same era. The DS and Wii sales combined were 255 million units. The DS was 154 million, the Wii was 101 million. The Switch is around 140 million, which combines the sales of the Switch, the Switch Lite, and the Switch OLED.
Nintendo didn’t essentially get out of the handheld market.
If the Switch 2 is bigger than the Switch, then it's not much of a hand held, now is it? The Switch wasn't much of a hand held either. It's too big. Can you carry it around with you? Sure. And they even down clocked the processor and GPU in order to extend the battery on it, but it certainly doesn't fit in your pocket like Nintendo hand helds have since the GameBoy.
It’s part of what makes it so strange that Sony is still acting like their on top like they were with the PS4, because they’re not in that place anymore, and haven’t been for years now.
I completely agree with you here. It's really odd that Sony is acting the way they are, especially when Nintendo is pulling a lot of boners lately as well. It's really weird watching Sony have two fairly large success stories and then screwing them up with the censoring of Stellar Blade, which they promised not to do, followed by this Helldivers 2 thing.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I suppose Sony really took the retarded route with this one. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

According to comments you do have to make multiple refunds attempts as you'll apparently first be rejected based on hours alone.

The Switch is only exceeded in sales by the original Nintendo DS and PS2; given how well the Switch has done, it seems Nintendo OK in the handheld department.
It hasn't surpassed the DS in terms of sales, and it didn't surpass the sales of the DS and Wii combined, since those were the same era. The DS and Wii sales combined were 255 million units. The DS was 154 million, the Wii was 101 million. The Switch is around 140 million, which combines the sales of the Switch, the Switch Lite, and the Switch OLED.

Yeah, I’m aware the Switch hasn’t surpassed the DS in sales. In my post that you’re quoting I said it hasn’t surpassed the DS in sales. You’re post reads like you read what I said and thought I said the total opposite thing.

The Wii wasn’t their last home console before the Switch, the WiiU was, and the WiiU bombed harder than the GameCube, and the GameCube was in third place in a generation that had the original Xbox. The Switch has also surpassed the total combined sales of its two predecessors: The WiiU and 3DS.

Those Switch systems are all the Switch, that’s why the sales are combined. The DS sales are the same, they’re: The DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, and the DSi XL. The 3DS isn’t grouped with those because it’s a different system that plays games the DS systems can’t, although it is backwards compatible with the DS; the Wii and WiiU are like that too.

While the DS has outsold the Switch, the Switch does moved more games. The best selling DS game has three Switch games ahead of it. The best selling Switch game (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) has almost double the sales (on the Switch) of New Super Mario Bros. on DS.

Nintendo didn’t essentially get out of the handheld market.
If the Switch 2 is bigger than the Switch, then it's not much of a hand held, now is it? The Switch wasn't much of a hand held either. It's too big. Can you carry it around with you? Sure. And they even down clocked the processor and GPU in order to extend the battery on it, but it certainly doesn't fit in your pocket like Nintendo hand helds have since the GameBoy.

It doesn’t need to fit into some kid’s pocket, as long as it can fit into a backpack it will be perfectly fine as a handheld system. The Switch is smaller than an iPad, and people can easily carry around an iPad on the go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom