Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The sad thing is the horrible UBI DRM is going to be the boner killer. So sadly, it won't make it to INCLINE status.

They dropped always online requierment but we still need Uplay shit to start the games...!

ugh. Does the STEAM version of games (that use UPlay) ALSO require that fucking retarded UPlay to play it?

Yes :) Welcome to malware trash heap where we need 12 different software before playing our games. Or we can sail to bay:D

Bruticis

The sad thing is the horrible UBI DRM is going to be the boner killer. So sadly, it won't make it to INCLINE status.

They dropped always online requierment but we still need Uplay shit to start the games...!

ugh. Does the STEAM version of games (that use UPlay) ALSO require that fucking retarded UPlay to play it?
Yup, I have almost all the ubisoft games on steam, they all require uplay and steam.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I wish they would go back to a one time online registration instead of forcing me to install their shity app. I personally don't mind STEAM, since I already use that.

Mortmal

Arcane
In before roguey screams we are just a bunch of COD faggot fans fapping on generic fantasy ! I am cautiously optimistic about this one, they really made a good trailer there. Was it truly sheltem voice ?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I won't install Steam, I'm hardly likely to install Origin or Uplay either. Still, mind boggles that they are doing something like this.

Inb4 DLC, micro-transactions, Facebook connection and all that jazz.

Luzur

Good Sir
In before roguey screams we are just a bunch of COD faggot fans fapping on generic fantasy ! I am cautiously optimistic about this one, they really made a good trailer there. Was it truly sheltem voice ?

yes.

"I am Sheltem, Guardian of Terra. Twice now you have defeated my Quests, thinking yourself worthy of invading my world. Walk carefully then, trough this third challenge, and pay heed that this is what you truly desire, because the course of destiny cannot be turned, once set in motion. Until our next meeting, mortals."

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, it was Sheltem, but I'm sure this game has nothing to do with him. It's set in a completely different setting.

One interesting thing I read on the neogafs is that the enemy assets are ripped straight from HoMM6. I hope this isn't some low budget affair.

:rpgcodex:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
One interesting thing I read on the neogafs is that the enemy assets are ripped straight from HoMM6. I hope this isn't some low budget affair.

Sounds like MM6-8.

To be honest, I'm actually a very big advocate of development process like this. It saves a FUCKTON of time and money on art and modelling, and it often works well enough anyway (see: MM6-8 with homm sprites, King Arthur 1 + 2, etc).

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Well, it looks exactly what I thought it will- colorful, set in Ashan and using HoMM6 art assets.

:what:

:bounce:

I don't like the art style much, and why is it set in stupid Ashan? :( But still, to expect to see this from a "major" publisher in this day and age? :incline: Like Infinitron said they are probably testing the waters because Grimrock profits made them greedy. Hope it will be "deeper" and better fleshed out than Grimrock though, as it wasn't very interesting. I hope this will be a proper rpg.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Yeah, it was Sheltem, but I'm sure this game has nothing to do with him. It's set in a completely different setting.
It actually isn't. I have no idea how are they explaining it (with the dragon gods and all), but Ashan is said to be set in the very same M&M universe.

It's still a completely meh bland world.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:eek: That was totally unexpected!! It definitely feels/ looks like MM6-8 and I like that. Hopefully my friends won't disregard my pleas to go to the Ubisoft booth and get more info/ pictures/ etc. this weekend. Anyone know where in PAX East this will be displayed so I can direct them to that area?

St. Toxic

Arcane
There will soon come a time when every single game is a tribute knock-off to 'old skool' rpg's of the past, and turn-based combat the new main-stream selling point. 2D, Isometric and Party-Based will be the buzzwords that draw the teenage crowds. Only one bastion of popamole gaming will remain -- the FPS Codex -- keeping alive the torch of such classics as CoD:BO2 and BF:BC2. :salute:

Capitalism

Educated
Anyway, I'm intrigued.
And Limbic were the guys that patched Bugs of Heroes of Might and Magic VI after Black Hole Entertainment was EAed irrc.
I hope that there won't be level scaling... fuck!

likaq

Arcane
:what:

TB blob from mainstream publisher ? What next? Beth making iso+tb fallout game?

Stabwound

Arcane
Oh wow.

Now the story of this game is one I'd love to hear. How the hell did it come to be?
As of 2008 or 2009 (can't recall) the producer/head of the Might & Magic series said there would never be a Might & Magic X because of their new branding scheme, like how Heroes is now Might and Magic Heroes.

This is probably a result of the success of Legend of Grimrock and probably kickstarter. Wasteland 2 kickstarter was right around this time last year.

These are interesting times, friends. :smug:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"4 races, 3 classes for each race? so I don't get to choose an elf warrior if I want to -- even with the penalty of being more fragile? boo!"

Might be 3 classes per race or it might be all races have shared classes + 3 unique classes.

I hope for the latter. Though, probably not.

"Would be curious to know when work started on this."

It's due later this eyar so probably a year or two ago most likely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom