Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What the fuck, a real AAAwesome publisher making a turn based blobber? Is this real life?

Stabwound

Arcane
xeen-00013-287078.png
Wait, what version of Xeen is that? What's with the UI with "Drink" etc as clickable icons and not the old text/keyboard interface? Actually, everything about that picture looks off. Is it photoshopped or what? Kind of derailing the thread, but whatever. I guess the other font looks kind of Mac-ish. Mac version?

DOS version:

world-of-xeen-1.jpg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ubisoft pulls epic stunt to confuse codex.

I am pretty sure this is just a red herring we are to follow while they publish a "true" sequel.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The sad thing is the horrible UBI DRM is going to be the boner killer. So sadly, it won't make it to INCLINE status.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
open world

Having the game set in and around a single hub (like it sounds in the PR blurb), any chance they will make this a mission or quest based rpg (like Shadowrun) instead of having an open world design?

Worried about that point, but at this stage it's pure speculation.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if the codex is on UBI's BLACKLIST (as in interviews)?

Why would we be? For badmouthing PoR:RoMD? I don't believe they've ever made a game that was relevant to the Codex's interests.

Stabwound

Arcane
open world

Having the game set in and around a single hub (like it sounds in the PR blurb), any chance they will make this a mission or quest based rpg (like Shadowrun) instead of having an open world design?

Worried about that point, but at this stage it's pure speculation.
Ugh, I hope not.

But: "Create and lead your group into an exciting world and battle powerful mythical creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures. Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and bosses to accomplish unique quests and make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities and labyrinths full of traps"

They do mention cities, so hopefully that doesn't mean hub-based.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
4 races, 3 classes for each race? so I don't get to choose an elf warrior if I want to -- even with the penalty of being more fragile? boo!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Choose your gender among four different races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, the choice is yours! Each race also boasts three unique classes, each one having their own skills and abilities.​

You must avoid hidden traps and solve puzzling riddles in order to survive!​

Traps are good. Each race with a unique class? hmmmmmm

Stabwound

Arcane
http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/mightandmagicx-legacy/en-US/game/index.aspx

Choose your gender among four different races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, the choice is yours! Each race also boasts three unique classes, each one having their own skills and abilities.
Wat. Well that is lame sounding. Why even have a restriction like that? Or is that how M&M lore is these days?

But

Discover a new part of Ashan:

The world of Ashan is full of mysteries hidden in remote places; it is so gigantic that numerous parts of it remain unexplored even by the bravest of Heroes.
Take a look around the Agyn Peninsula, a totally new environment in the Might & Magic universe. Get familiar with its epic wilderness and meet the locals who are full of surprises…

Explore twisted dungeons:

What would be a classic RPG without numerous dungeons to explore? In Might & Magic®X Legacy, you will need to crawl and fight your way through twisted dungeons, immense cities, and mind-boggling labyrinths.
You must avoid hidden traps and solve puzzling riddles in order to survive!
Beware! You never know what is hiding around that next corner!

Sounds good to me.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
4 races, 3 classes for each race? so I don't get to choose an elf warrior if I want to -- even with the penalty of being more fragile? boo!
Dunno, I suppose all four races will have some sort of warrior/thief/mage division, only more fitting their themes. So Orcs could have Barbarian/Assassin/Shaman, Elves Wardancer/Ranger/Druid or something like this. Purely speculating, of course (though Ranger is confirmed).

Stabwound

Arcane
"The Freemage has the potential to strengthen or heal, since she is familiar with all schools of magic. Due to her physical weakness, she must be protected from harm by her companions."

It doesn't sound like they're using typical knight/sorcerer/priest system, which I guess could be a good thing.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
From what I've heard, yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom