Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What would call that opener I faced? And, again this was at 0-2. No idea how that guy went 0-2 unless the rest of his cards were garbage.

Revenant

Maybe he didn't draw the early game cards in his other two early games? It's not like such a situation is rare.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What would call that opener I faced?

Hearthstone.

Since you're a Kripparian fan, you should know that most Hearthstone games are decided in the first few turns.
Get fucked by a lucky draw or RNG card from your opponent and you're never coming back without some board clear.
That's pretty much all there is to Hearthstone.

And, again this was at 0-2. No idea how that guy went 0-2 unless the rest of his cards were garbage.

'sup Kripp

v1rus

Arcane
Now, since I've started, my nr1 deck was ramp druid, while nr2 was control warrior. With the release of WotG i shifted towards Cthun druid, while my warrior remained classic control. Now, I've been thinking lately, and token/yogg druid seems like teh shit now, so I was thinking of converting the cthun druid into yogg druid adn finally making a cthun warr. Any comments?

Don't have those 3/6 taunts for cthun warr tho, and i really dont wanna spend dust on that shitty card. :keepmymoney:

Tick Tock Crocodile

His Turn 1: He plays N'Zoth's first mate getting 1/3 weapon and 1/1.
My Turn 1: I coin Juggler, it's battlecry kills the First Mate.
His Turn 2: Slam + Weapon to Kill Juggler.
My Turn 2: Annoy-O-Tron
His Turn 2: Blood to Ichor to remove shield + give a 2/2, weapon hit, then Inner Rage.

Well, I mean, Annoy-O-Tron is such a shitty tempo play on turn 2 anyway that you were going to be behind no matter what since he had the weapon to bump the shield off (though I know you probably didn't have any other turn 2 play after using Juggler). He actually didn't need to kill the thing--I feel that committing an Inner Rage just to get rid of an Annoy-O-Tron in that situation is very debatable, and would be completely wrong if he didn't have the weapon to give him 3 power going into your turn 3. Slam on 2 is also extremely reactive, and an Arena Warrior generally can't afford to play like that early on since they lack decent comebacks. My guess is that he had no minions at all for 2 and 3, and was forced to play in this way to stay even. The First Mate is the reason it worked, and what caused all the 'insanity' of this opening. If he hadn't had Mate turn one, this kind of hand would've left him liable to be run over, and that could well be what happened to him in his previous games (though you are not always matched with someone who has the exact same record as you; I've friended people after games who've had as much as 3 wins distance from me).

It happens. First Mate is a common, top-tier card, but First Mate is not going to be in your opening hand every time. When it is, it's not always going to help you that much. Sometimes you topdeck it, and that generally really sucks. This is Hearthstone, and sometimes you lose to turn 1 Zombie Chow, but them's the breaks. I play Arena almost exclusively and imo, this kind of game is more the exception than the rule.

v1rus

Arcane
I love the smell of Tinkmaster in the morning.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_08_28_16_23_03_58.png

GrainWetski

Arcane
Kripp sums up Karazhan arena with 2 pictures. Mage really needed another amazing common. Thank you, Blizzard.

smwhFR9.jpg

2mOS9Lj.png

Look at his winrate going first vs going second.. Absolutely insane.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So... when's the next expansion? I suppose it's still too early to tell but it doesn't seem like Karazhan changed much. You have a few derpy gotcha cards like Barnes although he's already resigned to Hunter decks that have a high percentage of widely played deathrattle stuff like Highmane and Infested Wolf. Curator didn't produce much. Medivh is crap. Malch is a gimmick for Control Warrior. Moroes is unplayable with so much one damage aoe/ping. Overall it only added a handful of cards to already existing archetypes. 'Thief' Rogue is fun but probably not ladder viable.

Ninjerk

Arcane
On the bright side, Zetalot is more fun to watch now. Still doesn't make me feel like playing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you were still playing they just added a 'welcome' bundle. Can only purchase it once per account but it's 10 Classic packs and one guaranteed Classic class legendary for $5.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Played two games today which is rare as I can hardly stomach the RNG memefest this game is turning into.

First game, I'm running Tempo Warrior and absolutely crushing this Shaman. And then I roll Cursed Blade with Malkorok. Shaman plays... Leeroy Jenkins, Rockbiter, Whirlwind. Huzzah.

Second game, my Rogue vs. a Druid. Coins out Astral Communion on Turn 3. I got a bunch of cards in hand to deal with whatever comes next so long as it isn't Deathwing. First card drawn: Deathwing.

Clown fiestaaaaa.

Ninjerk

Arcane
The devs are just tonedeaf and turning it into a lottery. I cba to get invested in that.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I only play to do dailies. Only takes a couple hours a week and figure I should keep muh gold flowing in case the game gets really fun again.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I dunno, I figure most people spend a couple of hours a week in the bathroom/shower. Doesn't strike me as some big time investment.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Blizzard balance, bro.

Should play it when you're shitting.

That way the butthurt cancels itself out.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
God fucking dammit. Got my 5th Gorehowl. I get Classic packs only through brawls or the spectator quest and I'm so glad for every epic. But I keep getting fucking Gorehowls. I mean what are the bloody chances of that? Fucking Blizzard mang.

:mixedemotions:

Got my 6th Gorehowl. This is beyond tears.

Wow, I'm full of butthurt today.

v1rus

Arcane
Had 4/9 classic class legendaries. Bought the welcome bundle. Got Edwin, and I already had him. Meh, big deal, nothing to get salty over. I open the packs, i pull another Edwin. Unholy amount of salt was produced that day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom