Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hardwar

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Bumping thread, as Hardwar got released on Steam beginning of this year (!)
Work of the original programmer, Ian Martin :bro:

Anyone tried the Steam version? Does it have the music by Autechre etc ?

Edit. Mods please move this thread to Space games

hardwar.jpg

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I loved G-Police back in the day, but I'm kinda worried these games aged badly. Like Shogo Armored Division, which when it came out seemed interesting if just because of what it technically achieved, but when I replayed it some time ago it rather felt clumsy, and railroaded, and the fact I'm not a teenager excited about everything anymore makes it much worse. Is Hardwar still worth playing for someone new, without nostalgia? Action games generally agree poorly, unlike RPGs.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It's not an action game, more like space trading game like Elite. With tons of emergent gameplay, great soundtrack by the leading electronic music artists from the Warp label in the 90ies, and atmosphere

cpmartins

Cipher
It's not an action game, more like space trading game like Elite. With tons of emergent gameplay, great soundtrack by the leading electronic music artists from the Warp label in the 90ies, and atmosphere
And hard as fuck combat. Be prepared to die, a lot, when trading.

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Bumping thread, as Hardwar got released on Steam beginning of this year (!)
Work of the original programmer, Ian Martin :bro:

Anyone tried the Steam version? Does it have the music by Autechre etc ?

Yes, the original music is in the steam version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom