Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

Generic-Giant-Spider

0xap29lmkpo81.png

heh

Nathir

Liturgist
It's funny how he was always a clear cut male (no shit), and widely accepted as such. But now reddit is full of people going "ackshully, he was always androgynous, and his gender was always ambigious". I bet a lot of these people started with Strive.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Someone else pointed out those two succubus girls are colored to match the "trans flag."

That's an uninstall from me. Need the gigs for OMEGA RUGAL and TEAM SOUTHTOWN anyways.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The worse is all the normies that don't care, they don't see anything or think that is not that bad, while the sodomites destroy their game.

I wonder if they would care if Ky is converted to a nigger, Sol and Slayer to faggots, and favourite waifu Millia suddenly was a tranny husbando all the time.

I guess yes, but as always, by that time Guilty Gear would have been added to the list of destroyed franchises by degeneracy and decadence.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I wonder if they would care if Ky is converted to a nigger, Sol and Slayer to faggots, and favourite waifu Millia suddenly was a tranny husbando all the time.

Didn't they cover up Millia pretty well in this game too? The only girl they kept true to form was Baiken, maybe Ramlethal but I think she was skimpier in Xrd as well.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I think the female cast is good besides plain jane Gio. We're still in the token representation phase with this character pandering to the gender-confused contingent. They could have easily toned down Baiken, but they chose not to.

monilloman

Educated
testament went from trap bait to full waifu, I welcome this change
And before you ask, no I haven't even bought strive, still playing +R

Generic-Giant-Spider

Also lol:

5d0ibuzulso81.jpg

(This is from Strive itself btw. It has a whole lore encyclopedia thing in the game. Whoopsy-daisy.)

Reever

Scholar
Patron

I genuinely don't know what the fuck hotashi was thinking. Man needs to stop trying to impress his trans friends and start putting in more time in the lab. He's been on a decline in terms of skill for a while and other people are only getting better.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
As time goes by this game is starting to grow on me. I fear that if it gets discounted again i might grab it with Baiken on top.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Testament's shaved and exposed armpit will never grow on me.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just a reminder that everything started going to shit after ArcSys opened a branch office in California.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Testament's shaved and exposed armpit will never grow on me.
What about their hairy penis?
If you shave up there you shave down there likely
Maybe its going for a Japanese flavour.
Just a reminder that everything started going to shit after ArcSys opened a branch office in California.
Makes all the sense. The Californian poz is already spreading as it always does.
And just have a look at how well the character is doing:

I have no idea how her pick rates were in other GG games, but its incredibly low compared with Happy Chaos that came second last.

Edit: Source. I have no ideia how they came up with those numbers and the population is incredible small compared with the average number of players online.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Weird tranny characters are pretty typical of Japanese games (very unfortunately). It's just that tranny Testament was released in a game played exclusively by normalfags, and so there are bound to be some fags who apply their weird "non-binary" garbage to him. If Testament's design was for an all-new character, I'd definitely prefer him over Bridget, who is just a GAY fucking character and is way worse in pretty much every way. And like Bridget, I would just ignore him and make sure the fags who play him never beat me. The problem is that they did it for an established character with fans who liked the prior design. So the tranny shit isn't really an issue - the real issue is with how Strive is fucking up characters from earlier games. If I have a main, I want to play my main in the new game. But now Faust is completely fucking different in just about every way. So why even have him? Why can't you just keep him the same like Xrd did?

It reminds me of Razorfist's complaints with Soulcalibur and Street Fighter from his old SFIV videos. It's fucking retarded when characters are turned into completely different archetypes for no good reason. Baiken went from a technical, defensive character to a retard button mashing gorilla. Testament should have kept the same appeal he had in his prior appearances. If Daisuke wanted some weird genderless goth creature, then he should've made a new character instead of shitting up an old one. I feel like shit changes like Faust and Testament are done for the story or something, but Daisuke is the only person on this ENTIRE fucking planet who gives even a single fuck about Guilty Gear's abysmal plot.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
First character of Season 2

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom