Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's called "Bedman?" because you are controlling bed possessed by the actual Bedman of Xrd. The girl is Delilah, his sister.

Nathir

Liturgist
I always hated Bedman. One of the worst designs ever. Replacing boy with girl doesn't change much in that regard. Now that I think about it, I think I disliked most, if not all, designs of the Xrd newcomers. This game had a solid rooster at start, and new designs were cool like Nago, Giovanna, and the redesigns for Faust, Anji were also cool... Now it just seems they are trashing old characters (Testament) or adding the worst ones possible (Bedman). What's next? Elphelt? And of course, the game is still dumbed down and boring.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Soive commits the common fighting game mistake of completely and arbitrarily altering returning characters, either in terms of aesthetic, moveset, or both. Like Faust and Testament being completely different in terms of visual design, or Baiken being completely dumbed down to the point of bearing no resemblance to her former self. I distinctly remember former Guilty Gear titles being praised for keeping their characters mostly consistent; meanwhile, Soive completely changes certain characters' archetypes.

Thankfully, it doesn't really matter since ArcSys added rollback to Xrd, and +R still has a big community. So I don't really mind Soive shitting its pants all the time. The community probably has little crossover, except for some fags retroactively bringing the gender bullshit with Bridget and Testament into +R.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
except for some fags retroactively bringing the gender bullshit with Bridget and Testament into +R.
I doubt most people trying to grift off Testament and Bridget are coming to +R. Especially if they started off with baby's first fighting game Strive.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I doubt most people trying to grift off Testament and Bridget are coming to +R. Especially if they started off with baby's first fighting game Strive.
I'm not too involved in the community, but I occasionally watch videos on YouTube and I've seen some veterans of +R adhering to the tranny retcons of Strive. From what I've heard, Guilty Gear was always known for having a bunch of freaks in its community, so it's not really a big surprise.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I'm not too involved in the community, but I occasionally watch videos on YouTube and I've seen some veterans of +R adhering to the tranny retcons of Strive. From what I've heard, Guilty Gear was always known for having a bunch of freaks in its community, so it's not really a big surprise.
I'm mostly talking about people that are interested in GG because of the recent lgbtq push from ArcSys (which is funny cause Venom has existed for such a long time and yet he wasn't paraded in the streets like Bridget). I don't think most of them are going to get involved in +R.
As for the veterans, not really sure. You will always have clowns like Hotashi (Xrd veteran) that used to shitpost on 4chan now trying show off how much of an ally he is.

Pocgels

Scholar
some fags retroactively bringing the gender bullshit with Bridget and Testament into +R.
Outside of wiki editors, I haven't seen this too much.

I do remember seeing some people who seemed suspiciously clueless playing Bridget and Testament right before their respective Strive releases in +R's online, but they're obviously gone now.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Oh wow, seriously? I expected something more...Mysterious and not just another bishonen. <shrug> Ah well.
He used to be a bit more mysterious but his designed got changed as did Guilty Gears' whole aesthetic after XX
73DE3138-ECB0-426A-8A7F-D4129917E56F.png

Guess it could've been worse. He could still have his cat ears.
E46V4DNXIAEV7R2

Yech. Now I'm glad I slept on everything after XX.

Although at least Strive has some reason to exist. Me? I was looking forward to DNF Duel. And I'm glad now I didn't buy it. Seriously, was it a quick cash grab or just sheer incompetence/inability to recognize it wasn't worth releasing?

hajro

Arbiter
Guilty started as "anime but what if it was metal and rock inspired " and has become "anime but with kpop "

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom