Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Moribund

A droglike
Yeah, I don't talk about politics and religion on a RPG forum.
Yes but you talk about OTHER POSTERS a hell of a lot in here. And it's totally contentless spam/insults.

I don't come here to discuss religion and politics like fretrider did but when I see constant god is bad genocide rape pedo priest IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD over and over and OVER, occasionally I respond.

Like I did with kzero, and he shut the fuck up right quick, didn't he? Because all he has to spew is hate speech when it comes to religion, though on other subjects he seems like a reasonable guy. Seeing as this board is in australia I'd personally stop that shit immediately if I were DU or he eventually WILL get visit from the police. I am not threatening, I'd never do it, but he doesn't live in an area where you can say "free speech lol" to that kind of accusation.

The point is, MAKE a point. You don't. Your contribution is nothing. Stick to a brofist if you have nothing to say, like vaarna has done for every LIBRUL post in this thread.

Who cares anyway if people read or don't read what I post, but I may have touched a nerve since nobody reads my posts but you actually talked to me.
I don't care and usually don't read, but you attacked dnf and I was defending him because he is a cool guy.

I'm sorry if I don't write a wall of text about a fretrider, about you or HHR. It's so pointless anyway,
Then why say anything. Spam spam spam blah blah blah.

the guy wanted to go and yet you are all here saying you want him unbanned, didn't he say he doesn't want to come back?
I said no such thing. If he said ban me there's no helping him. And I don't see the point to post on a site if you really never post about RPGs or care about them. I think he is just newish to internet and wandered here somehow and saw a bunch of retarded bullshitters making fun ofhis religions all the time and felt the need to defend it.

Why keep telling how much of a good poster he was? What's the point? Why defend a guy who left on his own will? If he was such a good poster then why don't you just go with him to another forum and keep your good posting there?
Because it's not a LIKE or a DILIKE as the dumbasses used to social sites think interweb interaction is. I make actual points, you might want to read them. My point about his posts was that the retards trolled themselves not the other way around.

There's a lot of people here so demented and hateful you simply mention god and blah blah blah blah blah fucking BLAH. Yet these pseudointellectual dipshits dont realize there's a lot of guys like me who have a LOT more education and brainpower than they can conceive of and actually have worked doing scientific stuff and don't think creationism negates evolution. They lie and lie or at least repeat lies about religion over and over and over. Pedo priest genocide crusades blah blah blah. Never mind for example I've seen jews on this site complaina bout 4th crusade sacking constantinople but wait wasnt that set up by jewish merchants in venice? Blah blah ingorant stupid shit all day every day all through ever newspost and science post.

Why attack all mods whenever you can, that's really funny because people say whatever they want to Jaesun, Trash and all the others, but only fretrider said what he wanted about DU.
Read back, dipshit. Jaseun comes out and gives his usual one liner. I ignore it. dnf says something in defense of me. Then he gets bashed on. Then the rest of the school bully dumbfucks (ie YOU) join in like in lord of the flies. Little children bullying the one they perceive is weak or different. But it never works because I am stronger smarter older etc., and then for saying that I will get accused of bragging and the same shit will start up. Again and again on and on.

SOME of the mods and SOME of the posters here are just like retarded children trying their best to find someone to bully.

Jaesun insults me and says I'm a shitposter. I respond with an 'insult' so therefor I am a shitposters. And he insults me again. On and on from some fucking idiot who contributes nothing to this site but that FRUA thread, which has been dragged out more times than the azrael's tear thread to justify his presence here.

I don't mind for myself except it really does drag down the site, and it starts these little bickering fights all through the site.

Do you want him so much so why don't you show that ball of yours and say your mind to DU instead of just the mods? Aren't the mods just doing what DU told them to? Aren't we all? Last time I checked there were rules. ;)
I have said my mind to DU before. Besides his climate denial there's nothing to complain abotu with DU, but I simply disagree with him, he does not presnt things in a deceptive manner or shitpost about it.

He doesn't edit people's posts. He doesn't call people shit posters in every thread every day. He doesn't talk about cum on his monitor all the time.

When he does post it has actual content, he makes sense, and is a reasonable person. Same with the other mods, they are reasonable people even if I don't always agree.

There's rules, and I follow them. Jaesun and trash certainly don't by any interpretation I can reason out from them. By those rules I'd mark them out as the first to go.

tiagocc0

Arcane
First I don't even post a lot.
Second I'm just here because I know fretrider from one post I made and damn, that guy sure made my life harder. This thread is about a person, how am I going to talk about anything else, here in this thread?
I haven't talked much with dnf, but if he is brazilian, and did felt offended by what DU said and yet he says what he said about a mod so I will sure voice what I think.

don't think creationism negates evolution.
One thing we have in common.

If you look my posts you will see that I don't just talk about others, but or I'm working on my game or I'm working on my day job so I like to enter threads where everyone is talking shit about EA or something and say some shit about them too.
I sure don't post a lot about other people and if really think I do you better start reading my posts again, if you don't want to, if you really just want to base your assumptions on this thread alone then you can't really say much about me.

If you don't mind DU, if you like the guy like you said then at least think for a minute and realize that Trash and Jaesun are here because DU accept them as mod, if they do some shit guess who's responsible.
Get your problem with the mods in a private conversation with DU or them. Isn't this the whole point? If you got something to say to DU or the mods that you should PM them?

Because I don't know if you really noticed but DNF, the guy you are defending just did a one liner about another person.
That's pretty much what everyone here is doing in this thread, because there's no subject, the guy that was the central point of the conversation is not here anymore, his account got banned, he sent his last words yet people keep attacking each other.

Anselmus

Arcane
I don't come here to discuss religion and politics like fretrider did but when I see constant god is bad genocide rape pedo priest IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD over and over and OVER, occasionally I respond.

I can remember a time when those kinds of posts were in the minority. Okay, maybe not anti-religious sentiment, as you always had the well-represented atheist potato metalhead faction, but liberal political positions were the exception. Even the Kaiserins and Korgans were quite reactionary. If I'm not imagining this trend it's very indicative of how things will play out (have already played out?) in society at large, the internet having only recently been colonized by a more representational cross-section of the masses. Seems like it's not a fight worth fighting anymore, brother.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, it's admirable that you've come here to troll even the gaming topics, well done. The cookie's in the mail.

No go be superhuman somewhere else.

Moribund

A droglike
And again we get back to content, not pointless spam and pointless insult. I never trolled in gaming thread, never trolled period. If you have an issue with anything I said either adrress it, report it, or get lost. Nobody cares dude, and the spam is getting overwhelming.

I can remember a time when those kinds of posts were in the minority. Okay, maybe not anti-religious sentiment, as you always had the well-represented atheist potato metalhead faction, but liberal political positions were the exception. Even the Kaiserins and Korgans were quite reactionary. If I'm not imagining this trend it's very indicative of how things will play out (have already played out?) in society at large, the internet having only recently been colonized by a more representational cross-section of the masses. Seems like it's not a fight worth fighting anymore, brother.

Yes to think a canadian can be an extremeist. Or a catholic. Let alone a canadian catholic. I don't sit here defending the faith like fretrider did and I am not catholic anyway, but HHR is about the mildest poster on the site and also knows a lot about supplements.

The larger problem isn't that PEOPLE HAVE POLITICS I DON'T AGREE WITH. That's the problem the people who don't like me and didn't like fretrider are.

The problem is people are acting more and more like retards, and they label anyone who does not agree with them on politics or games or virtually anything a troll and it's ruining the site. And it's more and more that the majority (or at least the most vocal people on the site) are not only blithering idiots but do everything possible to bash anyone they disagree with into the ground by whatever means. Yet any time I call them out, try to make them justify their insults, back up their positions with logic, they can't.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I stand corrected on that. All I knew is I'd checked the Codex, saw FretRider asking to be banned and a thread with 8 pages of drama in it, a day after we'd had a previous thread (that might be why the previous thread was retardo'd, because we now had two of them), banned him and then saw the post from one of the other admins that they'd edited the poll.

Given that, it's likely I never saw the original poll. I have a strong suspicion the options were as equally stupid as FretRider's original post.

First one was about loving me and my stalinist ways, second one was a call for a ban on me and third something akin to LIBRULS. All variations on a theme. He was basically doing the whole 'ban trash' thing. I was a bit miffed when it got edited because the first thirteen or so votes on the first option were votes for keeping me around. The rest of the options had between them three or so votes. The admin who edited gave Fret a headstart. :)

And I love how noone of our whiteknights in this (or the older) thread actually bother to reply to DU's lengthy and needless explanations and how some people desperately try to make it all about them them them. Shitstirring 101.

Anselmus

Arcane
The larger problem isn't that PEOPLE HAVE POLITICS I DON'T AGREE WITH. That's the problem the people who don't like me and didn't like fretrider are.

The problem is people are acting more and more like retards, and they label anyone who does not agree with them on politics or games or virtually anything a troll and it's ruining the site. And it's more and more that the majority (or at least the most vocal people on the site) are not only blithering idiots but do everything possible to bash anyone they disagree with into the ground by whatever means. Yet any time I call them out, try to make them justify their insults, back up their positions with logic, they can't.

I agee that it's not about any specific political position, but this has always what it's been like to come up against a consensus in my experience (grew up rather recently in Canada so I've really only known a liberal one.) Note that now 81% of 18-29 year olds in America support gay marriage, the people who used to actually engage you in debate on the topic will treat you more and more dismissively.

Conservatism dies more quickly by the day. Soon, every single progressive idea will be the law of the land, either by legislation or by a forward-thinking Supreme Court. And it will happen in our lifetime. Universal, single-payer healthcare. A more generous welfare state. Mandatory minimum incomes. Abolition of the death penalty. True gender equality. True diversity. Equal rights for all sexual orientations. No restrictions on abortion. Repeal of the Second Amendment (or the near legislative equivalent). The end of white oppression (by sheer force of demographics if nothing else), as well as the end of the evils of capitalism (finally). And, hopefully, some sensible limits on hate speech advocating old, failed ideas and bigotry.
We are winning, and we will never lose again. I will spit on their graves when they're gone.

Repressed Homosexual
We do reply to the points. It is not our forum, but we persist in thinking that to have him go from regular contributor to complete persona non grata after a petty disagreement is out of order when the ignore list works quite well. It also didn't seem like people were clamoring to get rid of him, giving this the appearance of a somewhat manufactured or exaggerated problem.

And that even if he is generally quite inflammatory, he contributed a lot of content and detailed arguments, and could arguably constitute a necessary or desirable "balance in the force" due to the lopsided ratio of liberals/libertarians versus conservative posters on this site. It is disingenuous to say the least to imply that he was only here to be a pest. At this point this is mostly the same points back and forth.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Religion bashing was experiencing the standard signal to noise ratio of GD up until chefe started his catholic routine and lyric suite was swapping faiths every other week whilst calling us all degenerates for not accepting his universal truth.

Guido joined in to shit-stir. Then the gloves came off as you'd painted yourselves as targets with your outrageous and over the top bullshit and countless threads.

Everyone is bashed on the dex. brits, frogs, polacks, paki's, indians, kwans, paddies, spics, faggots, trannies, russians, niggers, kikes, women, ting tongs, krauts, snowfags...everyone. That you somehow managed to unite all these groups against you, many of which are in this very thread shows tiresome your shitposting antics have become.

Liberals on the dex? don't make me fucking laugh.

Repressed Homosexual
Hence why I said liberals/libertarians. There are very few conservative here, most people rather tend to be a mix of libertarian and nihilistic. But true social conservatives are in a small minority.

Most people here want complete freedom from authority and freedom to behave however they want, that's why they react so much to social conservatives who imply that authority must be respected and there are strict moral standards to adhere to. The same thing happens on the rest of the Internet.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Everyone is bashed on the dex. brits, frogs, polacks, paki's, indians, kwans, paddies, spics, faggots, trannies, russians, niggers, kikes, women, ting tongs, krauts, snowfags...everyone. That you somehow managed to unite all these groups against you, many of which are in this very thread shows tiresome your shitposting antics have become.

I don't see potatoes on that list.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Most people here want complete freedom from authority and freedom to behave however they want
Like Guido for example.
who imply that authority must be respected and there are strict moral standards to adhere to.
Whose authority must be respected and what are those strict moral standards we must adhere to?
Do you respect DU's authority? If yes, why are you still in this thread saying the same old things, when you made your case 5-10 pages ago? Seems kinda disrespectful to me. Why don't you just accept the authority's decision and move on with your life?

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

I don't see potatoes on that list.

Polacks and paddies are both in the list, how many potato nations are there?

Repressed Homosexual
Most people here want complete freedom from authority and freedom to behave however they want
Like Guido for example.
who imply that authority must be respected and there are strict moral standards to adhere to.
Whose authority must be respected and what are those strict moral standards we must adhere to?
Do you respect DU's authority? If yes, why are you still in this thread saying the same old things, when you made your case 5-10 pages ago? Seems kinda disrespectful to me. Why don't you just accept the authority's decision and move on with your life?

These are two different things. People here don't like authority in general, be it in the form of copyright, religion, or government.

But the authority I along with Guido, Commissar Draco, Lyric Suite and a few others like Andhaira believe in is a higher authority, that of an omniscient and omnipotent creator who regulates all facets of life. This is why when people are accustomed to doing anything it is especially hard to deal with.

Glyphwright

2. It was done after (or possibly just before) you were banned.
The thread title/poll option edit was done long before FretRider was banned, minutes after this thread was originally posted by him. If you look at the first page, I leave a semi-serious post in response to the OP which was about demoting Trash, and minutes later I remark that the thread and poll were edited to look like something stupid.
Thread created: Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:53 AM
Glyphwright Posts: Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:27 AM
DarkUnderlord Bans: Feb 22, 1013 @ 9:04 AM

Fair enough it occurred minutes after the thread was created. But it also means it happened not long before he was banned.
It took four pages filled with butthurt and drama before FretRider must have grown disgusted with it and specifically asked to be banned. It's not like the thread was edited because someone was planning on banning FretRider - the thread edit and his bannation are two completely independent actions.
FretRider's thread was originally about the question of whether or not Trash is an incompetent/irresponsible moderator who should be demoted. Whether he handled it poorly or not, this is a completely legitimate topic of discussion that belongs in Site Feedback. Someone with admin powers edited this thread in a manner that completely changed this topic into yet another personal attack and attempt at bullying on FretRider. Crooked Bee seemed to indicate it was him/her/it. The admin edited two very specific things - the thread title and poll options, neither of which can be edited back by a regular poster. And this was before the thread had even reached the end of page 1.

Trash's edits, by the way, are far more harmless than this. Trash usually adds a line or two of moronic nonsense to a regular post, which are 1. very obvious 2. don't alter the course of discussion 3. can be changed back by the user. This thread edit, on the other hand, was malicious and totalitarian, because it precluded people from voicing their agreement or disagreement with FretRider's opinion of Trash. If you took Trash's post editing privileges for harmlessly pranking Nomask, what should you do to the person who permanently ruined FretRider's completely legitimate appeal to the admins, and threatened him with bannation instead?

It's like, the split second someone sees anything negative being said about a moderator/administrator on this forum, it is immediately edited/deleted/nuked/dismembered/exorcised.
Saying something negative about a mod: "Trash is editing my posts. He edited this thread topic, to that. Can I know why this is happening and have it stopped?"

Shitposting: HE'S FULL OF LIBRUL HOMOSEXUAL RAGE DUE TO HIS FAILURES IN LIFE.
This is the normal mode of interaction on the Codex. People insult each other, troll each other, call each other names, use political labels, and generally act in ways that would have had them committed in real life. Why should you demand a greater degree of reason and civility from FretRider, than from virtually all the other posters? Because he's far better at trolling?

FretRider knew damn well what he was in for back when he grovelled for his account last year. That's because we had banned him and identified his alt. We had no intention of unbanning him. We allowed him to post on a very short leash. He has well and truly gone beyond that leash. Stop playing this "Oh he's so innocent, he's a victim" line.
That doesn't mean you can constantly yank his chain with bullying and threats of bannation. Whether he's innocent or not, he was indeed a victim of group cyber-bullying on the part of admins/mods of this forum.

As if the mods/admins live in permanent mortal fear of someone making fun of them, and compulsively scour the forums for signs of dissidence.

Familiar behavior.
To be honest, there's a shit-list of posters - all those we've banned at some point in the past and who just keep coming back and repeating their behaviour - who are pretty much free reign for our amusement.
Am I in it? :troll:

P.S. Before you say "if FretRider asked to be banned, he should stay banned" - no, that's just a pretext. If FretRider doesn't want to post on the Codex, he won't post here even if he's unbanned. If he does post on the Codex, then he didn't really want to be banned, and his post was merely an emotional reaction to the thread edit/group bullying effort.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you need to ask whether you're on the shitposter list, then you probably are.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
These are two different things. People here don't like authority in general, be it in the form of copyright, religion, or government.

But the authority I along with Guido, Commissar Draco, Lyric Suite and a few others like Andhaira believe in is a higher authority, that of an omniscient and omnipotent creator who regulates all facets of life. This is why when people are accustomed to doing anything it is especially hard to deal with.
And what does that authority say? Because judging from the posters you mentioned, there are clearly more than one points of view. And more than one authorities.

Which authority should I respect? Do you respect all these authorities?

Do you respect the authority that says you can kill your daughter because someone raped her? Or would you defy that authority? And if you defy any authority that goes against your moral code, what makes you so different from a liberal/libertarian?

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Trolls have a religion now? Far out, man! Is DU like a saint or something?

R@S

Scholar
Have you read the old testament? It's like the ultimate guide on how to troll people. I think the old testament god was the original troll, and if you read the testament with that in mind it's actually worth the time reading(worth it in lulz). But if you don't have time to read the whole thing, I recommend the story about Onan, talk about good trolling from someone calling himself god.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

That sounds more like Taluntain, him being unlikely to speak or show himself, yet sustaining and controlling everything from the shadowsheavens.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If you need to ask whether you're in the shitposter list, then you probably are.
In the interest of transparency, it would be helpful if user accounts on the shitposter list could be labeled with a special tag, so others could easily identify them.
Perhaps tagging them with something like "dumbfuck!" could work well?

evdk

Patron
Anything east of Germany is potatoland as far as I'm concerned.
Why grow potatoes when you have hops. Beer is just liquid bread.

Have you read the old testament? It's like the ultimate guide on how to troll people. I think the old testament god was the original troll, and if you read the testament with that in mind it's actually worth the time reading(worth it in lulz). But if you don't have time to read the whole thing, I recommend the story about Onan, talk about good trolling from someone calling himself god.
No worries, I've read the lulzier parts.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I still don't get why Moribund, Fret Rider, HHR!, etc. are called "trolls".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom