Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Weasel
Tj5ypt6.png

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
I got home from work today, logged on and had 4 comments on my (positive) review and 9 PMs from different random people. 3 of them called me a fat retard while the other 6 accused me of being Cleve. WTF is this shit.

just woke up and had 3 additional PMs and 1 reply to my review. Anyone else having this problem? Or has Steam always been like this.

>TFW you recognize half of those as #RektHook shills. Seriously, not shitposting

Aeon of Sands

THe Incline iZ Coming. Check this one out. The devs intelligently solved the "Bugged Turning" problem here, (how I suggested should be in G.). Lots of exciting features even if you skip through the video. Multiple party members! Visible wandering monsters and Eye of the Beholder features.

It's almost as if Grimoire has little to do with Eye of the Beholder and everything to do with Wizardry. It's... almost as if turn-based blobbers aren't real time blobbers. It's almost as if... you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. :hmmm:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I keep saying what I love in a good RPG is whimsy, not tropey dead serious and menacing darkness. This game has whimsy in spades. If the trajectory continues and Cleve has brought his writing talents as I hope he has, this will be what we all look for but fail to find: the ability to relive our innocent experiences of wonderment of our earliest CRPG experiences.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Those "brokenforum" people are really pathetic attacking a persons work based on his character and not the work in itself, and they try to justify it? Well at least you can be sure that these kinds of people don't breed so their lineage will not be around to play Grimoire 2.

They remind me of post-SJW subversion Goons.

mercyRPG

Cipher
High DES attribute saves you a lot from traps and various forms of dying. Fate / gods must have written you a bright future, so they intervene in your favor.

Even if the game were shit (which it absolutely isn't, it's pretty brilliant in fact), it would have been worth to pay 40$ just to see this massive butthurt by shitstain liberals in gaming forums all over. Get fucked.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
How playable is it on 1440p? I fear that everything is tiny and there is no way of resizing/scaling the window.

PrettyDeadman

So what's everyone reaction to the actual gameplay? I am holding off for a minute, I want to see what these new features are, and I'm willing to wait until the sizeable bugs are crushed. I am still finishing Wizardry 8, after all. Let the incline begin.
I believe sizeable bugs are already crushed. The game is perfectly playable.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Music is exploitable as fuck, yeah.

Just wait till you find shit that cast deep freeze, fireball and the like. By that time you'll be sorry you didn't go with all bards and had to keep someone to actually kill stuff they paralyze and put asleep.

I think I'll just look for a replacement for my bard...

It's time for the unthinkable: to consciously seek out MORDECAI!

I don't think he'll go with you ;)

tyjmntymuhgjt.jpg

B-but why. I have room...

Is there any other option? Can I create another person? I don't even care it they are going to be level zero...

You can't kick yourself out in recruit. You should be able to load Mordecai into that slot. Bug?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
tyjmntymuhgjt.jpg

B-but why. I have room...

Probably missing a "this person is hardcoded not to go with you" line.

When you can recruit, it doesn't say "no room", it offers to dismiss a character.

Is there any other option? Can I create another person? I don't even care it they are going to be level zero...

Rosy, Raghilda. Later on, resurrected Mistral (if works), the thief w/cup (I assume he's recruitable), the knight who translates Katechysm, that's just within the superdemo portion.

I remember now. It's the wrong message. Mordecai won't join your party. He will rob you in the future if you let him.

Antigoon

Augur
For the first time in ages i read some comments at the watch. worse than i remembered
In other words, Grimoire might have been a $39.99 game back in the mid-1990s, but in 2017? Are you kidding me? This is a $3.99 game at best. Grimiore as it stands right now, looks like many of the 1990s abandonware games you can find for free across the internet.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I'm basically at a standstill where I can't progress further. The mummy boss in Aquavia just annihilates me, no one can penetrate. The jolly men that block the way in Briar woods, same thing.

Also the same thing with the snake blocking the path in the other part of Aquavia. I 100% mapped out the Shrine of the Raptor, but my dudes are all still lvl 1 and I found no equipment so far that can really make a difference. What am I even doing wrong? I'm 100% rested when I go into these fights. I'm only playing on Veteran too. Another thing, there's a hidden room with a lever/door with a chest near the mummy boss, but the lever does nothing. Is it supposed to?

Also for Cleve, if you're interested I have a savegame that crashes as soon as you try to take a step every single time. It was saved after I picked up a key from a corpse.

I am hoping the update today fixed that serious bug.

Viata

Arcane
I'm impressed with my Ranger. She is hitting left and right even with low vit, she is pretty much saving my team from endless hours of no penetrate. Who could guess a women could be so good at penetrating? :troll:

biggestboss

Liturgist
My party is basically 7 useless people and a Sage with the harp that makes people sleep. I might have to bump up the difficulty once I'm able to play again.

Biggus

Scholar
Could someone screenshot the F1 page that shows the hotkeys and post it here? I want to see if there are enough hotkeys to make a Steam Controller template.

This one too.

RmiftR0.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom