Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Come to think of it, the beginning area does kinda look like the Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog, but eh, a lot of early 256 color games were really colorful since the devs wanted to show off the tech. Guess, Cleve's emulating this look.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I don't understand this joke. You're not seriously playing Crapwata Shitjo are you?
Why not? It's a critically acclaimed visual novel. A p nice story fag game. I went in without reading any spoilers and the prologue seemed really cool. Does it get cringey later on?

Yes, someone boasts that they will suck their own dick and record it if they lose a bet. It could be very triggering for you.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Why not? It's a critically acclaimed visual novel. A p nice story fag game. I went in without reading any spoilers and the prologue seemed really cool. Does it get cringey later on?

Err, eh he he. I wouldn't know because I don't play that kind of game...

But you should try taking tea if you want to meet best girl, inversely avoid the track because this is where the worst girl is or so I'm told.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Got two winners for this round. Unfortunately I guess 4 copies of Grimwah in a day was too much incline for the steam store and my account is purchase locked while valve approves my card.

Please be patient while I fix this micro-issue.

mercyRPG

Cipher
Setting Game Start to IMPRISONED and trying to escape is much more fun and results in lots of treasure. But the prison guards must be skillfully evaded with setting encounters to never at places where they catch you, they are too strong.

Weasel
NEW UPDATE

ieUWMgV.png

Biggus

Scholar
Cleve, I know you have higher priorities, but surely a man with an IQ over 180, knows the difference between a pronoun and a contraction! FFS

Just in case...

His
Hers
Its

all pronouns.

It's = contraction for it is.

Pronouns don't use the possessive. Thalglish may have different rules I realise :)

PsHtfUT.png

Arulan

Cipher
I've only played for a few hours so far, but I've really enjoyed it.

What are the changes with difficulty?

I'm sure it has been mentioned at some point, but the mouse delay while scaling in fullscreen mode is bothersome. Aside from not scaling, or perhaps changing my display resolution before launching the game, is there a temporary fix for this? This is on Windows 10.

Cleve, I know you have higher priorities, but surely a man with an IQ over 180, knows the difference between a pronoun and a contraction! FFS

Just in case...

His
Hers
Its

all pronouns.

It's = contraction for it is.

Pronouns don't use the possessive. Thalglish may have different rules I realise :)

PsHtfUT.png

There's a similar error in the museum of magic that triggered my autism as well.

jfunk

Augur
As I understand it, you can't target specific enemies. Very annoying indeed, and it's incredibly frustrating when your poison spell hits the SAME already-poisoned enemy instead of the other, non-poisoned one.

But, during one fight, my mages, when Thrusting, actually got a little popup and could choose between the two hummingbirds. Never happened again.

Has this been brought up before?

It's exactly like Wizardry. When you were given the choice between birds, you were looking at 2 stacks of 1 bird, not 1 stack of 2 birds.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Micro-Issue crushed. Did the Sapiens at Steam think they could defy the Neaderthal's will?

No better way to spend a sunday than playing a great blobber that just got a new patch.

Next 2 people who add goldenbabygiveways as a friend and type in chat ?RudeChap? can search for Count Orloch.

jfunk

Augur
As I understand it, you can't target specific enemies. Very annoying indeed, and it's incredibly frustrating when your poison spell hits the SAME already-poisoned enemy instead of the other, non-poisoned one.

But, during one fight, my mages, when Thrusting, actually got a little popup and could choose between the two hummingbirds. Never happened again.

Has this been brought up before?

You can target rows but not singular enemies in them.

Well, there were only two hummingbirds when my mages got the target choice popup so they were in different rows? Also, none of my other characters got the popup.

I'm kicking myself for not taking a screenshot, but I will next time.

I suspect the staff your mages have can "reach" further into the enemy ranks while your other fighters were prohibited from targeting the further away enemy with their weapons.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Okay, the game actually runs pretty well on my rig, fullscreen with all bells and whistles.

Why does it take forever to kill 3 ?BUG?s though? What's the difference between all the attack types? Pretty hard to figure out without a manual.

jfunk

Augur
Regarding targeting and the whole combat system in general, if I recall correctly from one of the old Wizardry manuals, the concept of the phased combat system to somewhat simulate the "chaos" of battle in a turn based environment. So when you give your orders, it's what you "intend" to do, but your characters have to somewhat dynamically adjust to the situation as it's happening.

jfunk

Augur
Okay, the game actually runs pretty well on my rig, fullscreen with all bells and whistles.

Why does it take forever to kill 3 ?BUG?s though? What's the difference between all the attack types? Pretty hard to figure out without a manual.

Different attack types will work better against different targets. Anecdotally, it seems to me that Slashing/Swinging works best on plants, Smashing works best on worms, and Thrusting/Stabbing works best on hard shelled things. I'm guessing it's easier to hit with a slash, but harder to penetrate, etc.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/cleves-back-in-the-public-eye.9354/page-11

I wasn't even remotely thinking I would. But I bought it.
White power organizations world-wide thank you for your support. And don't even try to pretend that you don't know about narcissistic Cleve's endlessly shouted racist and homophobic beliefs--you've been involved with gaming far too long. Anyone as informed as you who buys Cleve's game is deliberately sending money to a virulent race war advocate.
:lol:

GOG release when?

biggestboss

Liturgist
Hey Cleve,

Just installed the latest patch and I'm not sure if the encounter settings work anymore (Never/Rare/Onslaught, etc.). To test it, I set it to Never but now I get a battle every 2 steps. It also might just be the area that I'm in (Hobknob's area).

jfunk

Augur
Hey Cleve,

Just installed the latest patch and I'm not sure if the encounter settings work anymore (Never/Rare/Onslaught, etc.). To test it, I set it to Never but now I get a battle every 2 steps. It also might just be the area that I'm in (Hobknob's area).

Haven't tested yet, but my understanding is that there are set encounters on the maps too so you still have to "clear" an area even if you have it set to none. So not every encounter you have while exploring is subject to the encounter frequency.

Biggus

Scholar
Got a question. I just found out that wall banging (my standard mode in these kinda games) may not apply here, since Detect Secret just alerted me to a switch which opens a wall in the Shrine of the Raptor. So, my question is, is there any point in wall banging? Put another way, are there any 'fake' walls, as opposed to walls that disappear by activating a hidden switch? I guess only CMB can answer this one, so I will continue banging for now. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom