Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Jesus, all these lame losers bitch moaning and complaining about muh manual... It's a manual not a brain transplant, it won't help you anyway...
It took me about an hour to figure out how to use my berserk skills. If you quickly guessed that this requires a weapons with "melee" attack mode, great respect. 600 such questions - and will be those same 600 hours.

Having a manual is fine but when there isn't one we can figure shit on our own like you did. We're not 5, we can deduce the workings of a video game.

I'd wager I am older than you old son, but I will bow to your superior knowledge, please explain all stats, and tell us what they do, exactly. I must be too dumb, so I eagerly await your answer. We want to see what you have deduced.

If you were a projector you'd be very expensive because you're quite good at projecting.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
fOr1E3c.png

uuuhhhh??

PEACH

Arbiter
The portraits? Use the frog to get into the small bars with the acme machine or rest to return to normal. Other animals may work for the bars as well, but I only tried the frog.

If you mean something else then I have no clue

Nixheb

Arcane
The portraits? Use the frog to get into the small bars with the acme machine or rest to return to normal. Other animals may work for the bars as well, but I only tried the frog.

If you mean something else then I have no clue
Wait.... you mean this is not only a joke, but it have some utility ?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Well color me surprised. I had no idea. I just thought it was funny.

Also, I couldn't grab the fish with my bard (highest speed stat) but after he turned into a duck he was able to grab the fish with no problem?

mogwaimon

Magister
The biggest German gaming magazine published a review of Grimoire today. They gave it a 30/100, but the author found a lot to like buried under a bad UI, missing manual and non existing balancing.

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/grim...r-retro-masochismus-fuer-37-euro,3318816.html

30/100 is arbitrary bullshit, how is a missing manual, UI problems, and lack of balance worth docking 70 points? If he found a lot to like otherwise, which the manual isn't even really part of the game to begin with, shouldn't the review at least be closer to 70-80/100? Which implies a good game but flawed. 30/100 implies a game way below average and not worth playing, but from most accounts that's not representative of Grimoire.

Rpgsaurus Rex

wrt sales figures, I thought the japanese love these kind of games, shouldn't the japs be all over this?
Judging by Grimoire thread on 2ch some are playing but most are waiting "until it's fixed". A few are monitoring steam reviews and the 'dex. The reception overall is lukewarm.

There are like 3 Japanese reviews on Steam, all positive but all complaining about broken saves/bugs/balance and suggesting to wait until stuff gets fixed.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
He also said it's often ugly, has atrocious sound effects and isn't finished, while updates break saves. So maybe "a lot to like" was a bit of hyperbole on my part. Still I take from the review that he likes the genre, and noticed what the game offers / could offer ("it could be a really good old-school game").

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
The biggest German gaming magazine published a review of Grimoire today. They gave it a 30/100, but the author found a lot to like buried under a bad UI, missing manual and non existing balancing.

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/grim...r-retro-masochismus-fuer-37-euro,3318816.html

"Some adversaries are so powerful that they carry heroes with full lifebars with a single blow to the beyond. That alone would be annoying enough, the game updates would not regularly destroy our Savegames ."

More crying about one hit kills. And broken savegames happened ONCE. Review is total shit.

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron

Bad shortsighted review, that girl is just bitching the same stuff the haters spit. She is actually talking about the game 20 versions back. Doh. She has done no research evidently all she does is parrotting, a skill many people have these days at level 100.

valcik

Arcane
Still I take from the review that he likes the genre, and noticed what the game offers / could offer ("it could be a really good old-school game").
There's breakdown on third page of his review, the only thing he rates 5/5 is complexity.
According to this man, everything else is shit:

sascha-penzhorn_2622391.jpg

PRÄSENTATION 1/5
GAMEDESIGN 2/5
BALANCE 1/5
ATMOSPHÄRE 2/5

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Still I take from the review that he likes the genre, and noticed what the game offers / could offer ("it could be a really good old-school game").
There's breakdown on third page of his review, the only thing he rates 5/5 is complexity.
According to this man, everything else is shit:

sascha-penzhorn_2622391.jpg

PRÄSENTATION 1/5
GAMEDESIGN 2/5
BALANCE 1/5
ATMOSPHÄRE 2/5

Sascha is a man? Thought it is a girl name, oops, well sissy he is :)

Tigranes

Arcane
For people waiting - if you're waiting for the 'enhanced edition' equivalent with a lot of balance passes and everything, and you're the kind of guy that waits to play the complete version, sure. If you'r eafraid of savegames being destroyed or game-ending bugs, that really hasn't been the case since the first few days.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Stumme helden ohne personlichheit.

The reviewer probably missed the romance options and characters driven by identity politics in Grimoire.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
ATMOSPHÄRE 2/5

This I don't get. The atmosphere is probably Grimoire's highest point.

Having now slept on it, I would probably rate the game as a whole a solid :4/5: despite its issues. It kept me completely gripped for at least 110 of those 127 hours I spent on it. And I thought I wouldn't even like it, since blobbers aren't really my thing at all!

mogwaimon

Magister
For people waiting - if you're waiting for the 'enhanced edition' equivalent with a lot of balance passes and everything, and you're the kind of guy that waits to play the complete version, sure. If you'r eafraid of savegames being destroyed or game-ending bugs, that really hasn't been the case since the first few days.

Frankly I had the urge to start last night but with the so-called DRM patch coming up I am a bit worried. Even without that Cleve's lowering requirements for Pirate/Assassin/Jester so I figure maybe that will be worth waiting on. I wanna encounter some ?RUDE CHAPS? in a dark alley somewhere and fight ?SQUIRRELS?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

Frankly I had the urge to start last night but with the so-called DRM patch coming up I am a bit worried. Even without that Cleve's lowering requirements for Pirate/Assassin/Jester so I figure maybe that will be worth waiting on. I wanna encounter some ?RUDE CHAPS? in a dark alley somewhere and fight ?SQUIRRELS?

If you buy the game why are you worried about DRM? And if you want to play now then do it. The game is completely playable and totally enjoyable even without advanced classes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom