Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

made

Arcane
Yeah just tested it. Lame. Who would want to pick up the stuff they already filter?

On a related note, is there a hotkey that hides loot during combat? I'm still picking up all yellows and they tend to cover the entire screen when I kill a pack of 3 heroes/bosses.

IIRC there is. Z or ALT I think.
Alt shows all items, even filtered. I kinda wanna do the opposite of that.

New patch out btw. Looks like free rep and loot and nerfs to devotion.

My bad, not at home when I posted that so was just basing off memory (though I could be remembering Path of Exile rather than Grim Dawn)
Yea POE has a toggle key for it. GD should too.

The patch cost me some resists and increased the phys reqs on my belt so I can't equip it anymore.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Run the Chthonic rifts and open the chests that require a dynamite to open. They are specifically made for iron bit farming as they give a ton of it. There's always a guaranteed chest somewhere in the rifts.

But you'll need to farm Dynamite for that now, as the latest patch changed dynamite from a buyable to a craftable. The treasure troves were also updated though, now with a guaranteed rare ingredient and higher blueprint chance.

Dynamite is literally everywhere now. Its in every lair/cave/fort I went into. I don't think it will be an issue unless you deconstruct everything you can.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
My arcanist run is going horribly. I tried investing only in spirit and now my health pool is laughably low. I guess I should start investing in physique in the cost of running out of energy more often but at least I will be able to continue.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dual classed my soldier to arcanist, and I don't know if it is worth it to add elemental damage to weapons when I'm losing general DPS. Still not sure if it's good to add some variety in damage dealing types to bypass resistances.

And what's the deal with these stupid damage types? Electrocute and lightning? Frostburn and cold?

Unless you're heavily invested in spirit and/or total damage/+%elemental damage, adding elemental damage is utterly useless. Arcanist is mostly useful for soldier due to Maiven's, Mirror and the offensive ability boost.

Direct damage and damage over time. That's up with the stupid damage types. Although they went really retarded on some of the damage types. For example I still don't know why there's Internal Trauma and Bleeding damage separately.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doesn't internal trauma work on undead and bleeding doesn't? I'm not sure if that's 100% true, but that's how it seems for my soldier using blade arc.

made

Arcane
My arcanist run is going horribly. I tried investing only in spirit and now my health pool is laughably low. I guess I should start investing in physique in the cost of running out of energy more often but at least I will be able to continue.
From what I can tell so far (lvl 70 Arcanist/Occultist) you want to spend most if not all your points on phys. Some of the caster gear I find requires 500+ phys and now that they nerfed devotions you really want that extra health.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doesn't internal trauma work on undead and bleeding doesn't? I'm not sure if that's 100% true, but that's how it seems for my soldier using blade arc.

Yeah, but conceptually they're still very similar. Physical damage over time. As if the game didn't already have enough damage types.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yeah, but conceptually they're still very similar. Physical damage over time. As if the game didn't already have enough damage types.
Internal Trauma has no resistances while Bleeding is one of 10 resistances.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyone can shine some light on a good soldier leveling build? I am level 11 so far, got 10 points in mastery the rest I had refunded, so 21 points left.

Also, what is a decent stat distribution? I am planning on staying pure melee shield tank dude and so far I just put points into Physique. Should I also put points into cunning or?

I stalk the night
Patron

Nope. Internal Trauma is affected by Physical Resistance, as it is the damage over time equivalent for Physical damage. Still, it's retarded. We've got Internal Trauma that is a physical damage over time and on top of that Bleeding, that is kind of a physical damage DoT, atleast conceptually, but actually is a duration damage type of it's own.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Nope. Internal Trauma is affected by Physical Resistance, as it is the damage over time equivalent for Physical damage. Still, it's retarded. We've got Internal Trauma that is a physical damage over time and on top of that Bleeding, that is kind of a physical damage DoT, atleast conceptually, but actually is a duration damage type of it's own.
I don't think you are right. On GD forums they said Internal Trauma is not resistible and that is why is it so good (and cannot be gained in big numbers).
It is same for Burn, Frostburn and others, their base element resistance does not stop this.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
So what you guys are saying is that you need to heavily specialize in one type of damage or be fucked later on? That seems like a flawed design, since from what I've seen at least two classes (Demolitionist, Shaman, possibly Nightblade as well) seem to be heavily geared towards combining physical and elemental damage.

Anyway, played a few hours as an Arcanist, game's pretty fun although I don't think I will be enthralled enough to finish it (my usual story with h'n's). It's really a TQ total conversion though, some skills are almost carbon copied, like the Arcanist missile skill is the ice shard from TQ's storm school.

I stalk the night
Patron

I don't think you are right. On GD forums they said Internal Trauma is not resistible and that is why is it so good (and cannot be gained in big numbers).
It is same for Burn, Frostburn and others, their base element resistance does not stop this.

Dpz17Bj.png

You're long overdue for that dumbfuck tag.

edit:
zjaHfTX.png

Last edited:

Renevent

Cipher
So what you guys are saying is that you need to heavily specialize in one type of damage or be fucked later on? That seems like a flawed design, since from what I've seen at least two classes (Demolitionist, Shaman, possibly Nightblade as well) seem to be heavily geared towards combining physical and elemental damage.

Anyway, played a few hours as an Arcanist, game's pretty fun although I don't think I will be enthralled enough to finish it (my usual story with h'n's). It's really a TQ total conversion though, some skills are almost carbon copied, like the Arcanist missile skill is the ice shard from TQ's storm school.

You don't have specialize in a single damage type, for instance physical + fire damage combines pretty well for a soldier/demo and there's plenty of gear that adds +% to both that helps facilitate it. You can also focus on and also invest in bleed/physical trauma.

Each class mastery does have more than one type of damage type, but it's not necessarily for combining damage types but also giving more options for mixing and matching classes.

That said, it's not a great idea to split your damage types too much. Although I have seen a bunch of items lately that have +% to like 4-5 damage types, and a bunch of stuff that has +% to elemental damage...so I do think there's a limited amount of builds that could make use of that setup.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Dpz17Bj.png

edit:
zjaHfTX.png
Hmm this was changed than at some point and I didn't notice. Well this changes things.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
You can now craft Dynamite and it's way more common as a farmable.

And more than one type of damage is heavily recommended. Good luck taking down an Ultimate hero with 'Frozen' affix as a purely Cold damage dealer. You'll be hammering away for half an hour.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Dpz17Bj.png

edit:
zjaHfTX.png
Hmm this was changed than at some point and I didn't notice. Well this changes things.
It's literally always been like this. The reason Internal Trauma is considered good is because most things don't have much physical resist, and I don't believe armor mitigates it at all.

I've just selected Soldier for a secondary mastery at lv 48 and switched out caster off hand with a shield. Was going pure Arcanist until now and most of it was a breeze but started dying too much lately. Soldier passives should help a lot with survivability, not to mention Physique and HP bonus from the mastery itself. And after I took up a first shield not 15 minutes in I get my first legendary drop which is a shield. Was meant to be.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Dpz17Bj.png

edit:
zjaHfTX.png
It's literally always been like this. The reason Internal Trauma is considered good is because most things don't have much physical resist, and I don't believe armor mitigates it at all.
In that case I was given wrong info by people on the official forums and never double checked them :D

Ivan

Arcane
mC7cTyN3.jpeg

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Let her live. She later gives you a quest related to the gates of anguish, a rather difficult dungeon to farm for legendaries.

The game has some surprising difficulty spikes such as the aforementioned for lvl 40 chars and depraved sanctuary for ~20 lvl which I discovered on my third playthrough as arcanist.
Sometimes it is good to stray off the beaten path, albeit a bit nerve racking. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom