Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Because it's the only key I need, I am playing a sorcerer.

made

Arcane
Men, I was so happy when I found out about the pickup key, bound it to W.

Was making looting so much easier, but I noticed how it didn't make it faster, turns out it ignores the loot filter and picks up anything at your feet.

Ugh.
Theres an option under general labeled "lock item pickup" that presumably addresses exactly that.

DDZ

Patron
It doesn't, it just makes it so you can't click to pick them up, when using the pickup key it will still loot everything.

made

Arcane
Yeah just tested it. Lame. Who would want to pick up the stuff they already filter?

On a related note, is there a hotkey that hides loot during combat? I'm still picking up all yellows and they tend to cover the entire screen when I kill a pack of 3 heroes/bosses.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Diablo handled this well, after a while if you don't pick an item it's text disappears. You can enable it again by pressing a key.
Killed the final boss in elite, didn't even want to use tactics. Just opened a portal outside and the moment I entered it's squalid lair I ran straight to it and hit it chugging on potions and waiting to die.
Repeated it ten times or more until it fell.

Onwards to greater difficulties and more mind numbing grind.

Ivan

Arcane
Yeah just tested it. Lame. Who would want to pick up the stuff they already filter?

On a related note, is there a hotkey that hides loot during combat? I'm still picking up all yellows and they tend to cover the entire screen when I kill a pack of 3 heroes/bosses.

Leftmost button on the hud, looks like a starry night. keep clicking to choose your preference

DDZ

Patron
Started a fighter cause I wanted something totally different.... And Jesus Christ, I was so spoiled as a Fire Starter demo/arcanist with which I would just default attack a while and whole groups died.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

IIRC there is. Z or ALT I think.

made

Arcane

Alt shows all items, even filtered. I kinda wanna do the opposite of that.

New patch out btw. Looks like free rep and loot and nerfs to devotion.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I was playing a fighter with shield build on NORMAL. This is kind of boring (this would be much more helpful on the higher difficulties). I wish there were more detailed builds out there, more prefer a dual wield or a 2 handed build.

Ivan

Arcane
Veteran is challenging. Try it. Though the ealy game is p. annoying since it requires more kiting than when you got the rest of your skills.

But ya, vanilla normal is painfully boring.

DDZ

Patron
Play a gunslinger, early veteran is even easier than early normal for any other class.

DDZ

Patron
Oh, and anyone got some good iron farming tips? Because selling loot hardly gives anything. I am in act 3 elite and I don't have enough to buy reputation scrolls.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Yellow/green items with prefixes/suffixes will net you ~600-1,000 a pop.

EDIT:

Wouldn't bother with the 1-character rep scrolls. Only the ones that can be traded via stash.

RuySan

Augur
Dual classed my soldier to arcanist, and I don't know if it is worth it to add elemental damage to weapons when I'm losing general DPS. Still not sure if it's good to add some variety in damage dealing types to bypass resistances.

And what's the deal with these stupid damage types? Electrocute and lightning? Frostburn and cold?

Renevent

Cipher
Actually a really good patch, really like making Nemesis status start earlier, the new legendary item vendor, one shot chests ability to drop legendaries, and making treasure troves drop better items as well.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Actually a really good patch, really like making Nemesis status start earlier, the new legendary item vendor, one shot chests ability to drop legendaries, and making treasure troves drop better items as well.

And don't forget apparently everyone has a few sticks of dynamite lying around the lair now.

DDZ

Patron
One of the reasons I was always poor in the game was because I was buying Dynamite all the time, so I guess that's fixed now too.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Oh, and anyone got some good iron farming tips? Because selling loot hardly gives anything. I am in act 3 elite and I don't have enough to buy reputation scrolls.
Run the Chthonic rifts and open the chests that require a dynamite to open. They are specifically made for iron bit farming as they give a ton of it. There's always a guaranteed chest somewhere in the rifts.

Wolfenswan

Novice
Run the Chthonic rifts and open the chests that require a dynamite to open. They are specifically made for iron bit farming as they give a ton of it. There's always a guaranteed chest somewhere in the rifts.

But you'll need to farm Dynamite for that now, as the latest patch changed dynamite from a buyable to a craftable. The treasure troves were also updated though, now with a guaranteed rare ingredient and higher blueprint chance.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
But you'll need to firm Dynamite for that now, as the latest patch changed dynamite from a buyable to a craftable. The treasure troves were also updated though, now with a guaranteed rare ingredient and higher blueprint chance.
In that case yer fucked. Good luck with it.

Renevent

Cipher
Farming yellow and above items actually works pretty well, especially once you have all the stash pages. I recommend farming Twin Falls and Broken Hills...the wasps are very easy to kill and if you head left from the rift and circle back to the wasp lair you will run into 5-7 elite wasps easy (plus the purple wasp queen in the lair). Broken Hills also has a ton of elites, but the boars are def tougher to deal with.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

Alt shows all items, even filtered. I kinda wanna do the opposite of that.

New patch out btw. Looks like free rep and loot and nerfs to devotion.

My bad, not at home when I posted that so was just basing off memory (though I could be remembering Path of Exile rather than Grim Dawn)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom