Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Great Single Player PC Games to Own (1995-2002)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
poocolator said:
DOOM, bitches.

EDIT:
1995+
fuck

The Ultimate Doom version was released in 1995. :wink:

ecliptic

Liturgist
Big Nose George said:
A friend of mine has all of those in the screen.
What should I get?

X-Com, Worms Collection, Wizardry 8, Witcher, Serious Sam, Soldier of Fortune, Shadowgrounds, Silent Storm, SSI RPGs, Stalker, Startopia, System Shock 2, TOEE, TLJ, Torchlight, Trine, Ultima, Sanitarium, Risen, Planescape, Nomad Soul, NOLF1+2, NWN, M&M, MW, MaxPaynes, MOOs, MOM, Manhunt, King's Bounty, JA2, Icewind Dale, Hammer and Sickle, Gothic, GalCivII, Fallout, Faces of War, Eschalon, Dreamweb, Drakensang, Divinity 2, Divine Divinity, Die by the Sword, Battle For Wesnoth, Arcanum, Anachronox, Age of Wonders 1+2[/list]

Big Nose George

Educated
ecliptic said:
Big Nose George said:
A friend of mine has all of those in the screen.
What should I get?

X-Com, Worms Collection, Wizardry 8, Witcher, Serious Sam, Soldier of Fortune, Shadowgrounds, Silent Storm, SSI RPGs, Stalker, Startopia, System Shock 2, TOEE, TLJ, Torchlight, Trine, Ultima, Sanitarium, Risen, Planescape, Nomad Soul, NOLF1+2, NWN, M&M, MW, MaxPaynes, MOOs, MOM, Manhunt, King's Bounty, JA2, Icewind Dale, Hammer and Sickle, Gothic, GalCivII, Fallout, Faces of War, Eschalon, Dreamweb, Drakensang, Divinity 2, Divine Divinity, Die by the Sword, Battle For Wesnoth, Arcanum, Anachronox, Age of Wonders 1+2[/list]

Done. Lets better hear what I should get for my friends collection and that is older than 2005.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Unkillable Cat said:
The Ultimate Doom version was released in 1995. :wink:
In before complaints about free overhyped patches being counted as games in their own right.

:smugcodex:

bgillisp

Scholar
If you like shooters, No one Lives Forever is pretty good. Also, I'll emphasize Age of Wonders 2. I got a good 5 weeks out of that game on the campaign alone, and I didn't even do all the optional missions.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Paula Tormeson IV said:
simple but very challenging, fun

Spamming shrapmetal isn't challenging. The game is well worth playing though.

waywardOne

Arcane
deuxhero said:
The Nameless Mod is an entire new campaign (two campaigns actually, the two paths you can take are completely different aside from one mission).

TNM is incredibly boring because the story is entirely based on a geeky gaming forum. who the fuck wants to "play" that?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
waywardOne said:
deuxhero said:
The Nameless Mod is an entire new campaign (two campaigns actually, the two paths you can take are completely different aside from one mission).

TNM is incredibly boring because the story is entirely based on a geeky gaming forum. who the fuck wants to "play" that?

So basically you have never played it and are making claims about it just like Skyway does?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
skyway aren't you bothered no one uses your new handle? Skyway is much more memorable, but you must have changed because you didn't want it right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom