Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

Latro

Arcane
ngl she looks pretty Brazilian

Jr1rQDB.png

Looks like the brazilian slaughterer…

Ezekiel

Arcane
I used to call out the decline on mainstream forums but would just get chased out of town, either banned or silenced by the crowd, and nobody of any importance was even reading or listening anyway.
They all find me too negative. Every forum. This is the only place where people don't bitch about my negativity.

Ash

Arcane
What isn't there to be negative about? I could talk about and give love to golden age (primarily 90s) games all day. Most modern "classics" on the other hand are sellout degenerate slop for retards. And yet GTAV, a prime example of that, is one of the top-selling games of all time.

Just know you're most likely not wrong if you have negative feelings towards the modern industry, and that you're not alone, brother! :salute:

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ngl she looks pretty Brazilian

Jr1rQDB.png
Is it just me or all women in this trailer look ugly? I mean, Anglo and black women tend to be like that but there should be some hot latino and asian girls, instead we have this :negative:

December 2025 for consoles, december 2026 for PC. I look forward playing it once I get it on a sale in 2029.

I did it with GTA V and did not regret waiting.
So many plus sized black bodies in that trailer. Rockstar said last year that it was going to stop punching down, so you can imagine what the social commentary will be like.

Link for anyone interested:
Rockstar Games wants to stop punching down in Grand Theft Auto 6

If you’re worried about GTA losing its’ identity, you might be somewhat suprised to know that Rockstar Games has already started working towards a more tolerant in-game universe. As Schreier reports, the most recent release of the company’s best-selling Grand Theft Auto V has has a number of transphobic jokes and inappropriate comments removed.

Nevermind, if they remove what makes GTA funny then what's the point of playing it? Stereotypes of Italians in Vice City, making fun of blacks in San Andreas, shitting on Slavs in GTA IV... it was already in huge decline in GTA V which made it significantly worse, if they wash it down completely then what can I laugh at anymore? Even gameplay is in decline, they reached peak in San Andreas in overall gameplay and in GTA IV in driving, GTA V was just worse in every aspect, so I doubt VI will fix it.

I hope it will end up like Starfield
aaaa.jpg

treborSux

Arcane
Honestly I don't have any problem with the modern black urban dystopia setting, but wtf is the main character? If it's going to be a woman, at least make her hot and cool. Instead they went with a ghetto Michelle Rodriguez. The inclusive and "relatable" imaginary bland POC woman.

Drakortha

Liturgist
To be honest it's starting to feel like this could be the Saints Row: The Third of the GTA series. It's completely lost touch with it's roots in favor of turning the ridiculousness to 11, as if somehow that will compensate for having lost it's soul.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Everyone will kneel.

Even /v/ is mostly of the opinion that only pol-rotten brains care about "muh blacks", while normal people see a good game. It's over.

Quillon

Arcane
woke trash aside what alien tech R* have access to to be able to simulate that many NPCs/vehicles on screen? GTA V was some programming magic already back in 2013 but this looks insane, I'm expecting at most 1/4 of what shown in the trailer when they release this gaym for it to run 30 FPS on current gen consoles

treborSux

Arcane
In reality, they should have packed it up after San Andreas. The holy trinity on the PS2 were the only games actually worth playing. Vice City being the only real masterpiece of GTA.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Everyone will kneel.
Everyone was kneeling before Todd too, now even casuals consider him a scammer, so there is this little tiny hope.
The time between now and 2025 plus any (likely) delays leaves a lot of time for trends to change and that can have a big impact on how people perceive GTA6. That's why Rockstar were retards for doing a GTA in the zoomerville tic-toc era. That shit will probably be old as fuck and irrelevant by the time this game comes out. They should have chosen a specific time period where the culture of that time would be set in stone. 70's, 80's, 90's or whatever. The zoomers could decide tomorrow that Tic-Toc is literally Hitler.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
People arguing about the amount of negroes in the trailer...
Yeah, it's unsightly, but setting appropriate.

What's truly disgusting is the possibility of a heavily story-based campaign centered around some boring criminal power couple.

d251aaca6ffbee3a022a140fbe21e73a.jpg

911 Jumper

Educated
So many plus sized black bodies in that trailer. Rockstar said last year that it was going to stop punching down, so you can imagine what the social commentary will be like.

Link for anyone interested:
Rockstar Games wants to stop punching down in Grand Theft Auto 6

If you’re worried about GTA losing its’ identity, you might be somewhat suprised to know that Rockstar Games has already started working towards a more tolerant in-game universe. As Schreier reports, the most recent release of the company’s best-selling Grand Theft Auto V has has a number of transphobic jokes and inappropriate comments removed.

Nevermind, if they remove what makes GTA funny then what's the point of playing it? Stereotypes of Italians in Vice City, making fun of blacks in San Andreas, shitting on Slavs in GTA IV... it was already in huge decline in GTA V which made it significantly worse, if they wash it down completely then what can I laugh at anymore? Even gameplay is in decline, they reached peak in San Andreas in overall gameplay and in GTA IV in driving, GTA V was just worse in every aspect, so I doubt VI will fix it.

aaaa.jpg
I'm going to pass on VI. I've barely scratched V and I got that on launch day 10 years ago. IV was the last GTA I liked. Rockstar's parent company Take Two decided to host a DEI session at E3 2021. So I'm not surprised this GTA VI has a lot of black representation.

Link for anyone interested

Insights about diversity and inclusion from Take-Two's E3 2021 panel

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
Finkcore/ESGcore garbage. If you're excited for it, it says something about you
I also fail to understand the appeal of these fucking games. Played 3/VC and SA, couldn't get myself to beat any of them because they were so fucking BORING. Then got conned to buy rdr2, guess what, it's BORING. What kind of people like these guys? Is this just the initial controversy they've made that got edgy teens to buy it and now they're an established brandname and people pretend to enjoy this shit out of conformity? Absolutely fucking disgusting animals should be thrown into communal pit, burned alive and then buried.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Finkcore/ESGcore garbage. If you're excited for it, it says something about you
I also fail to understand the appeal of these fucking games. Played 3/VC and SA, couldn't get myself to beat any of them because they were so fucking BORING. Then got conned to buy rdr2, guess what, it's BORING. What kind of people like these guys? Is this just the initial controversy they've made that got edgy teens to buy it and now they're an established brandname and people pretend to enjoy this shit out of conformity? Absolutely fucking disgusting animals should be thrown into communal pit, burned alive and then buried.

You are from Albania. All this degeneracy of course is just mundane every-day life to you.

Ash

Arcane
I also fail to understand the appeal of these fucking games. Played 3/VC and SA, couldn't get myself to beat any of them because they were so fucking BORING

Vice City and San Andreas were fun games. The freedom at the time was quite notable, and it was fun-based freedom, not freedom for freedom's sake and realism faggotry like in GTAV or RDR2. Just go off running around and there would be fun cool side missions like rampages, wherein you murder a certain amount of people or blow up x number of cars with infinite ammo in a set amount of time for a cash reward. Steal a random vehicle and it starts a mission wherein there is a bomb in the car, the doors lock and you have to take it to a defusal expert in time, without any major collisions otherwise it goes boom. Steal a random bicycle at the local skatepark and it starts a mini-game where you have to collect a bunch of rings by performing jumps (not doable if your cycling and stamina stats are low). There's a bunch of hidden packages scattered around the place that provide unique rewards available for pickup at your properties. You can purchase properties. Fly planes. Sail boats. Play pool. Gamble. And it all largely has purpose. There's racing gameplay of various kinds, shooting, stealth, flying, All kinds of interactions and endless gimmicks. Main missions are varied, they start off pretty lame but get increasingly interesting and challenging. The music is fucking fantastic, classic stuff. It defined my broad tastes in music today. There's numerous ways you can make your life easier during missions, like stealing an armored police car before a tough mission, simply approaching the objective from a different angle or climbing onto the rooftops for a vantage point, finding some hidden body armor pickup hidden in a bush (make a mental or physical note of where pickups are as they respawn when you die), taking your own custom-fitted vehicle with nitrous boosts, or even just flying in an apache helicopter if you unlocked one and blowing everyone up with missiles. There's stats! Fighting moves you can unlock. Run faster. Hit harder. Unlock dual-wielding of weaponry. Improved car handling. managing and growing your character makes the gameplay evolve slightly over time and makes doing the miscellaneous gameplay more fun. The storytelling and power trip was relatively appealing. The graphics were shit even for the time (based old R*) and the art direction more than compensated. The game was packed full of humor and social commentary, but also some glorification of degeneracy though that was kind of the point and it did so in style. The interesting kind of degeneracy; old world degeneracy, not zoomer and internet culture lame shit, or fixation and glorification of psychotically insane people like Trevor. The world was much smaller than modern open world games, a quality over quantity approach that was standard back then (god bless technical limitations), the world is simply packed full of things to do and find. Every time you die, you lose all weapons, armor and a percentage of your cash, are moved to the nearest hospital (location reset), and if in a mission that progress is lost. Suck on that Dark Souls! Heavy consequences are fun and it makes the economy have a lot of weight, as well as keeps exploration relevant (have to find and/or buy weapons again). You may be tempted to kill a cop or gang member, grab his weapon then flee and hope you can evade the cops. You'll learn tactical nuances to help you get ahead such as when you steal a cop car, you get a free shotgun from it. Steal an ambulance, you get a bit of health. And so on and on. All the quality and nuance is simply gone in the modern era open world games, not just RDR2 and GTAV.

The combat kind of sucks and drags it down a bit, and if you've no tolerance for racing/driving in games it would get old fast. Ultimately the games are not :obviously:, slightly falling short of that, but they ARE simply good old games and worthy of the hype back then. If the combat were better, not lock-on shit (or cover-shooting for that matter), they would be the undisputed best open world mayhem games unlikely to ever be surpassed. I believe there are mods for that. Maybe one day I will try them.

Note that very little of this relates to GTA3, I thought that game was overrated even as a kid. Vice City they started to nail these concepts well and injected a ton of style, and San Andreas was the peak of it, though what they did to hidden packages was decline, and the style shift turns some people of the codex off though they are likely unaware it evolves and changes a whole bunch once you leave the first city.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Who gives a shit? The game will be shit. If you're not shitting on it and are actually planning to purchase it you're a low standards faggot.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom