Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

9ted6

Educated
I wonder what banal woke commentary there's going to be.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No PC. GG WP, Rockstar.

Looks like GTA. I might get it, beat it quickly, and recoup most of my money by selling online, like I did with GTAV

Rieser

Scholar
Meh, I couldn't give a fuck about this type of trailer either way. Let's see some gameplay.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Coming to PC just in time for me to head off to the retirement home, I’m sure. Guaranteed EGS exclusive too!

dsndo

Educated
Where is the escapism? They really nailed every aspect of modern life I have been working hard to avoid. Social media, low IQ black criminality, girl bosses, Florida, low IQ white criminality, contemporary rap music, Miami "nightlife" etc etc. I was hoping for a rags to riches story with in-depth criminal empire building elements where my interactions with the type of characters the trailer proudly showed is minimal.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Meh, I couldn't give a fuck about this type of trailer either way. Let's see some gameplay.
Same. Keeping my expectations in check.

Gaming dumbasses are gonna hype this to the moon, just like they did with Cp2077 and BF2042. Fuck, they NEVER learn it seems like...

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I'm curious about the gameplay itself. Leaked materials show slight progress compared to 2012, but we haven't seen everything yet.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
About 95% of the characters shown in that video are black.

55% was the latinos in the 80s. Nowadays is 70% spaniards/latinos , whites are only 14%, nigglets 10% and the rest asians and natives.

agris has firsthand knowledge and here are some gis pics of miami beach and 2023

gettyimages-1307845432_custom-d920c157c4bdffddb73c6ed12d78267c95b21385-s1100-c50.jpg

hypatia-h_135c3ee2ffaa43e62db3e535608c06b9-h_94b3b182e9f9f9529fe9c99d53f5078f-300.jpg

Miami-Beach-declares-state-of-emergency-as-mayor-considers-ending-Spring-Break.jpg

This is their reality. :M

orcinator

Liturgist
I'm curious about the gameplay itself. Leaked materials show slight progress compared to 2012, but we haven't seen everything yet.
Do you somehow think it'll be anything else but a generic tps with one gimmick?

The only surprise here is that the chick doesn't look like a man and/or potato, though I think they probably nerfed her compared to the leak version.

ADL

Prophet
I know it's par the course for Rockstar to not release on PC day one but it's a stupid fucking decision in 2023. It's not 2013 anymore. I doubt the overlap between current gen consoles and PC havers is that high and GTAO2 whale spending will dwarf the double dip sales.

Elttharion

Learned
I know it's par the course for Rockstar to not release on PC day one but it's a stupid fucking decision in 2023. It's not 2013 anymore. I doubt the overlap between current gen consoles and PC havers is that high and GTAO2 whale spending will dwarf the double dip sales.
The ammount of people who double dip must be insane if Rockstar is willing to give up on an entire years worth of MTX money from PC players.

Ash

Arcane
I never would have thought when playing Vice City in 2003 as a young lad that this would be the end game. No more fun engaging gameplay. No more allowing us to experience something we never could otherwise (the 80s) or relive it in oldfags case, no more charm and tasteful stylization of absolutely everything, no more intelligent social commentary for days, just pure celebration of modern degeneracy & edginess alongside RETARD-TIER gameplay, if GTAV is anything to go by.

I mean yeah, Vice City was still glorification of criminal empires, mindless violence, picking up hookers for shits and giggles etc, but it was just more charming, mature and intelligent in its execution. It also actually had gameplay worth a damn. Still not great, but better than the absolutely awful mind-numbing tic-tac-toe level of depth modern trash I experienced in GTAV.
In GTA5 the game has you switch to the first person perspective of a dog fucking another dog on one of the earliest missions, for...reasons. I say this to highlight my contempt for this absolute shit. How distasteful, edgy, dumb and worthless can you be? Nothing about it is stylish, interesting, engaging or funny. It makes me literally want to punch the developers in the face. I'm not a spiteful person over small slights so I wont do that nor harass them on twitter with death threats or any retarded shit some weirdo gamers do, but the urge is there nonetheless.

Fuck this awful industry. There needs to be sacrifice and punishment for its sins. Nail rockstar to a fucking metaphorical cross. Unfortunately that of course wont happen because 95% of gamers and game journalists are utter retards and will slurp this shit up without question. Other devs also have no integrity/courage and would never call out bad actors. If they did 15+ years ago, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess, but they're all in it together anyway. I used to call out the decline on mainstream forums some 13 years ago but would just get chased out of town, either banned or silenced by the crowd, and nobody of any importance was even reading or listening anyway.

GTA has never been amazing as a game and always at least a little bit degenerate, but at least the old ones were worth a damn at all.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom