Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Gothic remake from THQ Nordic

Salvo

Arcane
The only minor criticisms I have is a) the retarded lighting for the armor shots and b) the grimace on the last armor seems more like a lion now, rather than orcish/demon
Looks like the Demon Back from Baki

Zariusz

Arbiter
The only minor criticisms I have is a) the retarded lighting for the armor shots and b) the grimace on the last armor seems more like a lion now, rather than orcish/demon
Looks like the Demon Back from Baki
That was supposed to be Shadowbeast, i like that they used that throat protecting piece to symbolise its horn just like in the original design.

deuxhero

Arcane
The pauldrons don't look properly articulated. They look like they work weird if the user tried to raise their arms over their head.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The pauldrons don't look properly articulated. They look like they work weird if the user tried to raise their arms over their head.

Yeah I missed that, they look a bit stiff. Oh well, mostly pretty practical looking anyway.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
If they were 1:1 to the originals they would look too exaggerated with better graphics considering the realistic character models.

notpl

Arbiter
I do agree that I'd like the red to be a bit more vibrant. Modern devs are so terrified of color.

Salvo

Arcane
If they were 1:1 to the originals they would look too exaggerated with better graphics considering the realistic character models.
Finally someone who gets it lol, 1:1 recreation would have you look like a WoW paladin with those gigantic pauldrons

IDK man, they look pretty good to me, keep in mind the dark lighting in the picture

But then again I'm fully against the industry's current trend of remastering everything
Yes.
And frankly I wouldn't have a single issue with the second point, either.
If anything I would only prefer if more attempts at "remasters" and "remakes" weren't so blatantly low effort stuff.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Fun Fact: several key members of the original Piranha Bytes were really into LARPs which is probably why Gothic had these trashy armour designs

JDR13

Arcane
ftx28vezeio91.png
Seems like Thorus has been spending a lot of time in the sun.

Zariusz

Arbiter
They've not even bothered to diffirentiate bracers in the mid & bottom models, so it really show how they're not keepenig their eyes on the details, making this remake already inferior to the original. Game might be fun in the end, but now I can clearly see that they ain't no aiming to achieve masterpiece.
Not really, thats just wrong armor picture, though its still different from the original. Really i doubt that they had any choice here if they wanted more realistic look since original bracer was like from some larper imagination (yeah i know that studded bracers are common in fantasy etc. but at best they could be fashion accessories if we think about their practicality). Still for me this their worst interpretation for now, like is mail here under or over the tunic? They couldn't decide or what?
R30SOu0.png

vici5tezeio91.png

templerruestung.jpg

The hardest armor to be made in my opinion is going to be Heavy Temple Guardian armor (this picture clearly shows normal temple guardian armor not the heavy one). Yeah lamellar armor like in their version of normal Temple Guardian Armor is a good idea but then what? What even is this weird thing under armor? Mail? Rather not since original game had normal mail and it was clearly different.

Salvo

Arcane
Finally someone who gets it lol, 1:1 recreation would have you look like a WoW paladin with those gigantic pauldrons

IDK man, they look pretty good to me, keep in mind the dark lighting in the picture

But then again I'm fully against the industry's current trend of remastering everything
Yes.
And frankly I wouldn't have a single issue with the second point, either.
If anything I would only prefer if more attempts at "remasters" and "remakes" weren't so blatantly low effort stuff.
They've not even bothered to diffirentiate bracers in the mid & bottom models, so it really show how they're not keepenig their eyes on the details, making this remake already inferior to the original. Game might be fun in the end, but now I can clearly see that they ain't no aiming to achieve masterpiece.
Baseless complaining is just as annoying as sycophancy

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
what people who think this armor looks bad want the armor to look like:
image.png
A few years ago I said this an1me shit is gay on some forum, then I got banned. Now I look at that idiocy and I know I was right.
( I don't say all an1me is bad. There are solid works like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk etc.. I'm talking about general an1me and people who defend shit like that screenshot)
( I would beat Jaina's ass like a Kodo Drum though
kodo-warcraft3.gif
)

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
what people who think this armor looks bad want the armor to look like:
image.png
A few years ago I said this an1me shit is gay on some forum, then I got banned. Now I look at that idiocy and I know I was right.
( I don't say all an1me is bad. There are solid works like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk etc.. I'm talking about general an1me and people who defend shit like that screenshot)
( I would beat Jaina's ass like a Kodo Drum though
kodo-warcraft3.gif
)
The garbage wow art style has nothing to do with anime. That armor is inspired by Warhammer, which I find just as awful looking

Does the Gothic remake have free climbing like the original? If not, screw it. Either way, I can't see them making combat similar to the original. It will most likely be a button masher, ie. boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom