Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG's biggest announcement is approaching

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Multi-headed Cow said:
Oh wow, didn't read the official announcement on GoG until now. They've confirmed that Crusader No Remorse, Alpha Centauri, and Magic Carpet are all coming. Hot diggity.

No Syndicate or System Shock though :rage:

Multi-headed Cow

None mentioned yet anyway. THERE'S STILL HOPE THOUGH~~

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Actually there is a mention that Syndicate and System Shock are not included in the package.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Was anyone looking forward to the later Wing Commander games being offered on GOG? Well EA says fuck you, they will soon launch their own digital distribution system Origin, where (if the news are true) they will offer WC3-4.

I think there is no chance that they will let GoG to distribute those games.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Magic Carpet is a bitch to configure in DosBox (tried it recently). I'm wondering if they managed to do it right...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
J_C said:
Well EA says fuck you, they will soon launch their own digital distribution system Origin, where (if the news are true) they will offer WC3-4.
wat? ea already has a digital distribution system.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
They may still have their games sold in other places. They are already doing it now and they have their own online store.

grdja

Augur
But SMAC can be made to run on XP quite easily? Oh well. But sweet sweet Crusader. That will show the kids what action popamolle was back in '95

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And btw, while we are on the subject of EA handing out auld games.

Remember when they declared C&C: Tib Dawn, Red Alert 1 and Tib Sun freeware downloadable from their site?

Well, they're not so freeware anymore for some time now.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Roxor said:
Didn't they stop being freeware when they started selling First Decade a couple of years back?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sceptic said:
Darth Roxor said:
Didn't they stop being freeware when they started selling First Decade a couple of years back?

Not really. The First Decade started getting sold before they made the games freeware - which was done somewhere around the release of Tiberian Twilight.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
SuicideBunny said:
J_C said:
Well EA says fuck you, they will soon launch their own digital distribution system Origin, where (if the news are true) they will offer WC3-4.
wat? ea already has a digital distribution system.
This will be a new one. I don't know if both of them will work in the future, or the old one shuts down.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
J_C said:
Was anyone looking forward to the later Wing Commander games being offered on GOG? Well EA says fuck you, they will soon launch their own digital distribution system Origin, where (if the news are true) they will offer WC3-4.

I think there is no chance that they will let GoG to distribute those games.

Was looking forward to playing those as I stopped after WC2 but I'm wagering EA will have ludicrous price points for them -- probably $25+

deuxhero

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Sceptic said:
Darth Roxor said:

Not really. The First Decade started getting sold before they made the games freeware - which was done somewhere around the release of Tiberian Twilight.

In-fact, the release of Tiberian Sun is ripped transparently from that compilation.

Others might be as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom