Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Kirtai

Augur
Omerta: City of Gangsters is out today for $39.99. Looks kinda interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Omerta: City of Gangsters is out today for $39.99. Looks kinda interesting

It's also a lot cheaper than the Steam version in case someone is interested in buying it now,if you are in the EU at least,Steam has it for 45euros which is about $61 at the moment.
So unless someone wants to give money for the glory of the God-Gaben( a wothy goal mind you),GoG is the way to go

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's also a lot cheaper than the Steam version in case someone is interested in buying it now,if you are in the EU at least,Steam has it for 45euros which is about $61 at the moment.
So unless someone wants to give money for the glory of the God-Gaben( a wothy goal mind you),GoG is the way to go

If they're selling it for $40 on GOG but the price is increased on the Euro Steam store is that finally proof that Valve are the ones price-gouging potato folk?

Kirtai

Augur
Yeah, but at least it's a flat discount instead of a split one so you don't feel the need to buy all of them.

LizardKing

Scholar
Except for an old Jagged Alliance CD, I don't own any of these games.
What's the verdict on games like Sacred Gold, Disciples, and Patrician 3?

Patrician 3 is one of the best of it's genre.
If you're into business/trading sims, it's definitely worth $2.39.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Except for an old Jagged Alliance CD, I don't own any of these games.
What's the verdict on games like Sacred Gold, Disciples, and Patrician 3?

Patrician 3 is one of the best of it's genre.
If you're into business/trading sims, it's definitely worth $2.39.

I ended up buying Patrician 3, Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, Jagged Alliance 2, Sacred Gold and the Disciples games.
The Patrician games are the only games I know of where my own home town is featured, so that is an added bonus.

If they're selling it for $40 on GOG but the price is increased on the Euro Steam store is that finally proof that Valve are the ones price-gouging potato folk?

Omerta costs 70 reais for the BR BR BR, which is roughly 35 dollars (26 euros) right now. Looks like Gaben is bumfucking europe pretty hard.

Kirtai

Augur
They've changed the scheduling on their Gem Sales, it's now "a classic title will be discounted each Monday, while Wednesday will give you a discount on one of our newer titles. This way, both indie and retro fans get a Gem each week!"

Today it's Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Modron

Arcane
They've changed the scheduling on their Gem Sales, it's now "a classic title will be discounted each Monday, while Wednesday will give you a discount on one of our newer titles. This way, both indie and retro fans get a Gem each week!"

Read: check gog on monday and weekends now.

Had a lot of fun with that game back in the day but then again I had a pc controller that was a clone of the genesis one back then. Cannot imagine it would be fun to play on a xbox 360 controller or ps clone.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Had a lot of fun with that game back in the day but then again I had a pc controller that was a clone of the genesis one back then. Cannot imagine it would be fun to play on a xbox 360 controller or ps clone.
Why do you say that?

Modron

Arcane

Why do you say that?

Shitty Dpads, the current generation of console controllers make the snes one feel state of the art and compared to the genesis controller they might as well be rocks.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, usually you want to use a thumb stick anyways since it's closer to an arcade stick.

Still, I find the PS d-pads to work very well with the one problem being that it takes a lot of force to keep it pushed down so your thumb gets sore.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Shitty Dpads, the current generation of console controllers make the snes one feel state of the art and compared to the genesis controller they might as well be rocks.

The SNES controllers were awesome, but the Genesis controllers were pretty mediocre. Three buttons in a line was just ergonomically kind of fucked.

I actually like the PS2/PS3 controllers quite a bit. I think XBox controllers are generally regarded as the best, but I'm not really sure why - I'm guessing its because the 360 was so dominant people were just more used to it. But on the ease of use question, I think the PSX approach fits more easily into the hand, with the analog stick placement much easier for thumb use. (Although on the non-ergonomic side, easy use with a windows PC is a nice advantage).

Repressed Homosexual

The SNES controllers were awesome, but the Genesis controllers were pretty mediocre. Three buttons in a line was just ergonomically kind of fucked.

I actually like the PS2/PS3 controllers quite a bit. I think XBox controllers are generally regarded as the best, but I'm not really sure why - I'm guessing its because the 360 was so dominant people were just more used to it. But on the ease of use question, I think the PSX approach fits more easily into the hand, with the analog stick placement much easier for thumb use. (Although on the non-ergonomic side, easy use with a windows PC is a nice advantage).

Uh it's the other way around. The Saturn controller was even better. They were made for action, arcade and fighting games, and were much better at it than the SNES.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom