Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

:Flash:

Arcane
Man, GOG gets me every time with their stupid "buy these games really cheap, but only, if you buy them ALL" ploy.
Most of the time I already own half of them as boxes, but then there's a voice in my head that says "well it would look much nicer on the GOG shelf, if the entire series were there, and it's not *that* expensive" and there goes my money.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
JacK Keane 2 aka Citizen Keane is going to be on a flash sale shortly,everyone get your credit cards ready:bounce:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Grabbed Alpha Centauri and Blitzkrieg Anthology. Quite strange considering the fact that I suck in these kind of games (and don't like Civ nor HoMM genre, didn't play more than 3h)... and why bad thing hapen today when 13 Friday was yesterday? Gotta pay 11,5potatos for both, was forced to recharge cause I needed 10 cents more.
Might grab also FTL but paypal get bonked this morning.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I enjoyed Summoner quite a bit when I played it earlier this year. Never finished it, though.

There is a fellow here that constantly bugs people to play it. A link to it is in the signature. I just decided to get it and see what it is all about.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
MOO3 75% off :outrage:

First comment on GOG:
When Master of Orion 3 came out, I bought it with a friend of mine. We had heard some of the buzz about the game, and we had heard that it wasn't very good, so neither of us were willing to buy it at full price. We split the price, and went back to my place to try it out.
I remember the manual. It gave a nice backstory for the conflict, and got me enthused to play. i thought to myself, "surely there is some fun to be found here!"
I was wrong.
We spent a few hours with it that day. At first, we thought that we just needed to figure out the game's intricacies, and a beautiful experience would open up before us. We could see for ourselves what it means to become a galactic overlord, one conquest at a time! We'd crush empire after empire under our boots!
We were wrong.
When we couldn't take anymore, my friend went home, and brought the game with him. I went to visit him a few days later. He had discovered the whole "click End Turn until you win" strategy, and was ready to quit. I took the game back to my place and gave it several more hours of play over the next few days.
In the end, we faced a dilemma. Neither of us ever wanted to play the game again. We didn't want to throw it away, because someone might dig it out of the trash and try to play it. We couldn't destroy it because we had paid good money for it.
We made a sacred pact that day.
We both uninstalled the game. He kept the install disk, and I kept the play disk, so that neither of us would ever have the means to reinstall the game on either of our systems. To this day, I have no idea where he keeps his disk. Mine is sealed away where it can't hurt anyone. From time to time, I'll take it out to remind myself of my ordeal. I do this with the curtains drawn, so that nobody sees it, and a stiff drink in my hand, to dull the pain. This dark legacy will haunt me for the rest of my days.
Some day, I'll pass the responsibility to my son, and he can become the custodian of MOO3.
:salute:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Last edited by a moderator:

lurker3000

Arcane
I enjoyed Summoner quite a bit when I played it earlier this year. Never finished it, though.

I had this when it came out. I got almost to the end but was only using one save game and managed to save in a situation where I could not survive. Didn't want to go back and replay hours so I stopped for a while and never picked it up again. I didn't even know it was on gog.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
MOO3 First comment on GOG:

Sounds like special containment procedures from the SCP Foundation.

"Oh MOO3? Yeah, we keep the Install disc in a locker in the room with the life-hating lizard. It's right next to the haunted tape of Ronald Reagan, can't miss it."

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Is it any good? I've had it on Steam for a while but I've never tried it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom