Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Godsworn, a Warcraft 3 clone set in fantasy-infused version of Northern Crusades

Dr1f7

Scholar
look like a mobile game
where the button for the CASH SHOP?
hahahahahahaha

Lagi

Savant
From description looks like trash, but after closer looks reveal some interesting ideas. only 2 developers does not bode well, especially if 1 is involved in shit talks in discord.

2x factions - teutonic order and baltic pagans (as fantasy races inspired by this estethics)

each faction will have 2x heroes - pagans have Meness (this black circle dude) and Saule (blonde chick)
order has this male archangel Gabriel ... 2nd is not done yet.

depend on which hero you pick, you have access to different units and buildings - which is a shame because it locks some combinations (hero+unit+building). And is shame again, because it means that the game is made as competitive from start. Which is impossible to do by 2 guys. they should focus on making max flavours and then left balancing to community - if the game ever become popular.

B42a68V.png

4 resources - food, wood, faith, wealth (gold).... and housing (food =/= housing). Very good selection IMO. Player dont harvest wealth from start, as the gold counter showing 0 on screens, which is excellent. It would be resource for late tier units/upgrade.

Each faction start with main building - holy tree or church. Which is used i presume to spawn workers for faith. Excellent and interesting.
Houses are placed asymmetrical

you see below farm, granary and lumber camp that have 2x head icons above. You build a resource structure and then by clicking on this icon you will auto assign guys to work. Which i like because it will reduce eco micro.

there would be some global spells that you have quick access into at the top of UI. Nice that devs think about interface and reduce of mechanical involvement in clicking UI or pressing buttons.

54ytDyx.png

EMxIx9l.png

combat units carry different equipment, that is only cosmetic i think. F.ex. foot man can have mace or sword, or different shield type. Spear man has a spear or pitchfork.

You can see that the same units has upgraded version with different textures (red horseman below). Wonder how upgrades are achieved - like in Dawn of War buy, or with experience?

flying units are launching projectiles. Why flyers cant attack in melee in most rts? it looks odd graphic wise?

there is no sync kills. there is no scattering of units from explosion. Even the skills effect (you see whirlwind twice) are not disturbing units animation. i hope the late tier monster will toss infantry around. Step back from DoW1. Only spears and arrows are stick into units.

i really like units. tier 1 looks great. griphon cavalry riders. looks like higher tier units are a bit bigger (akimbo swords dude). on 1st screen in this post, there is black knight with halberd and shield on back. below you see 2handed guy with shield on back. Teuton knight (with wings on helmet and cape) have foot version (top screen with church).
vh0kKmd.png

UYFEkK0.png

5VUbgz1.png

kQEu6cg.png

Last edited:

Lagi

Savant
demo of this game is available on steam

Superb graphic. Nice theme. Interesting units. Fresh ideas for economy: QoL with workers that are automated a bit. Resources points force player to expand on whole map. Resources: Faith to cast global spells, food/wood, gold, workers you recieve some for killing mobs on map (rescue) - interesting concepts.
Gameplay is poor. Except hero single skill with long cooldown there is not much to do in combat, i summon my static defenses, launch my single damage spell, and watch the show trying to finishing weakest enemy units.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I’m watching LPs on yt. Gives me nostalgia vibes for playing WC3 in the early 2000s. But I’m gonna wait a while to see how things fare before buying. I’ve seen several wc clones bomb and die in the last several years alone, like Purple War and A Year of Rain, despite the wc3r debacle opening a vacuum in the market.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
With a darker color palette this would look more awesome, like Myth

Im hearing from reviews that this is okay but what it needs now is way more content and polish to be worth it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom