Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glorious Blood Bowl League of Codexia Makes Great Return - LAGOLE GON IS CHAMPION HUZZAH

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
if you had honour you would have picked that last guy up so that he may be surfed for full team removal

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Not really, just tabbed out and played MTGO. Just wondering if I randomly hurt your feelings or something

Grunker's game summed up in one, easy to digest image: Schumacher the Kroxigor committing one of the many gangfouls in the match. No standing Elves in sight, just bloody smears and bodies on the pitch.

9D82C92F7B49A6666F1C9D837A5133D8437A9DE5

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Interesting. I may play against the elves during the finals. Welp, it's time to get more tackle.
Actually, tackle will also work against Roxor, now when his dorfs are wearing skinny jeans, have dodge and sip chai tea.

Megrim

Educated
On that note, how do the finals work? Do the top four go into playoffs or something?

Latro

Arcane
codex rivalries got me interested, are skaven OK for beginners? I like the idea of having expendable rat-men running around orcs and dorfs.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
actually when i recall further, what clobbered me so hard into the ground back then was undead

i think it cemented my vengeful hatred for that team at that very point

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
codex rivalries got me interested, are skaven OK for beginners? I like the idea of having expendable rat-men running around orcs and dorfs.

There's a certain philosophy behind each team. You need to embrace it for success, though it's not guaranteed. Some teams are more flexible than others.
As for rats, I don't think it's a great beginner team. Maybe go for Humans and figure out what's your favorite style of play from there.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
On that note, how do the finals work? Do the top four go into playoffs or something?

No playoffs, just a league format, so whoever is top after Day 9, wins.

We could easily introduce a play-off in Season 2 forward. The reason I didn't is that we have had mixed results doing so in the past - 4-man playoffs for example means two weeks (potentially more if people are idyits) where the rest of the players sit on their ass.

I'm not opposed against play-offs if people want them, tho.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Rat elves are a very fun team. They die in droves but it's ok because you only need 2 grunners to score anyway.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
says the rat as he wishes a rematch against the undead team.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
No playoffs, just a league format, so whoever is top after Day 9, wins.

lame

we always had a grand finale between top 2
Agreed. If people want, we could always do "unofficial" final and bronze fight ( assuming there is no way to do it legit cuz :cyanide: ). Would only be one week really.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
we always had a grand finale between top 2

untrue - and at least two play offs were never completed

anywhos, I think jaedar's proposal is best if the game supports it - that is, a final between #1 and #2 and bronze match between #3 and #4. Not sure that's supported however.

If that is not the case, we can either do 4-man playoff (two weeks) or simply a finals between #1 and #2.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Finale would be much faster, 'playoffs format' would greatly extend the time to wrap things up.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
At the risk of being difficult, I don't want 4 man playoff, or 2 man playoff. Correct thing to do imo, is final between #1&#2, and bronze battle between #3&#4.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
At the risk of being difficult, I don't want 4 man playoff, or 2 man playoff. Correct thing to do imo, is final between #1&#2, and bronze battle between #3&#4.

:prosper:

if the game supports it - that is, a final between #1 and #2 and bronze match between #3 and #4. Not sure that's supported however.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom