Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial GameSpy gets pissy with Fallout fans

mr. lamat

Liturgist
not being aware of teh intraweb drama you ladies get yourself into isn't really being 'clueless'. it's probably more aligned with enjoying a game, going onto websites about that game to read up on things we might have missed and hearing some of the interesting ideas people suggest for the next in the series. the rage expressed by the rabid fanboi segment is just boring... ever post is the same, save the name.

i enjoy topics like 'funniest quote in the game', 'favourite npc' and 'what's your style of play'. these are interesting. they have a value. post number 197,834 titled 'why fallout tactics is teh sux0rz' isn't really intriguing... as the content is always the same. some intraweb wanker going off about how some poor dev ruined 'his' game. i've never been outraged at anything any dev or publisher has done. why? cuz it's a business and they're entitled to do as they wish. quality devs, like some of the last holdouts from Black Isle, will always go on to find new work. there will always be new and interesting games in the market and on the horizon. there will also always be pleasant surprises as well, as Arcanum was for me.

now, go put on that Chris Taylor mixtape, spank yer monkey and calm down muffin.

Rosh

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
not being aware of teh intraweb drama you ladies get yourself into isn't really being 'clueless'. it's probably more aligned with enjoying a game, going onto websites about that game to read up on things we might have missed and hearing some of the interesting ideas people suggest for the next in the series. the rage expressed by the rabid fanboi segment is just boring... ever post is the same, save the name.

That is so irrelevent when discussing why Fallout fans were upset by FOT, and what the core of the objections were. It is even less relevent when it pertains to someone who has shown that they are presuming to talk about what the fans did or didn't want when they in fact have a proven lack of familiarity with the events. You can stop posting the lame straw man arguments already as they are getting you nowhere.

It takes a really stupid person to just buy a game and just swallow it when the product in question turns out to be crap, sometimes affecting how your computer runs. Funny how software companies can put out lemons but it is perfectly fine in your world if nobody has good developer integrity. You reek of gaming newbie, of some kid who has their parents buy them games and doesn't have a single shred of consumer sense.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
it's relevant because i am a fallout fan. i enjoyed both one and two (bought at computer city with my own cash, btw). they were great games and did something great for the genre of rpgs, interms of choice and maturity level... there was something great about seeing cassidy yell 'take the pain, muthafucka'. fallout tactics didn't interest me, as i was had a copy of ja2 at the time and was enjoying that game. it played in a way i enjoyed, it had the character of the first, while taking it to new levels as well. i didn't get my titties in a twister cuz the deathclaws had fur in fot... there was no reason to. it wasn't 'my game' and there are always other options to be taken and had fun with. it's about the fun to be had, not the zealous cult i can belong to just cuz i slapped down $50. if it's not fun, why the fuck did you buy it in the first place? just so you could be the first to say you pre-ordered a copy? who the fuck in thier right mind buys something without trying it first... or at the least finding out about the finished product? if you make asnine choice with your cash don't be surprised if things go awry... would you buy 20 acres of waterfront property cuz someone said it would be great?

nothing like a 'fux0rz to joo n00b, eye iz teh reeehul fallout fanz0r!' reply to make me laugh tho'. gotta love them. i remember rockin' jumpman at the age of six. i think zork was soon after that. i don't think i got started with rpgs til i was about nine tho, when wizardry 3 came out on the nes. mebbe that means i'll never be the supreme authority on rpgs and sit on the '1337 fanboi council' like you do. guess i'll have to live with the shame. but then again, i've never bought a game that turned out to be crap, in my opinion at least. i will say i was slightly disappointed when a tubby mark hamil portrayed my character in wc3, but hey, i still got to whack kilrathi by the truckload, so i lived with it. it didn't shattered my world. didn't feel the need to scream to the high heavens about how Origin was ruining the 'canon' or that Chris Roberts needed to be lynched.

you might save yourself alot of disappointment if you realize that people, despite thier hardwork and effort, do sometimes fail to live up to your expectations. they probably even fail to live up to thier own at times. it's simply human nature. realize that people are also going to do things with these MAKE-BELIEVE WORLDS that rpgs (and games as a whole) take place in that we might not like completely, or at all. they put hair on a deathclaw... omg! it's not like they burned down Cathedral Park. it's just a game, muffin... and so is buying games... there is a chance you might lose.

now, got put on the Chris Taylor mixtape, stroke yer putz and chill, muffin.

triCritical

Erudite
Why do you guys keep on feeding this troll. Its obvious Mr Lame-at is a pussy, and can talk all this big shit he wants without having to back it up. Either ignore the fuck or ban, but the fag is getting on my nerves by continually bumping this thread with big talk from a little girl!

The only way to get rid of the jerk is to ignore him, perhaps one of the mods can lock this thread or something. PLEASE!

mr. lamat

Liturgist
ban joo fagg0rt! ban joo!

i am getting on your nerves because you find yourself stifled by the intelligence and awed by the eloquence of previous retorts to your sordid insults. you find your childish and churlish insults rebuffed or ignored, whilst i continue to hammer away at your fanatical rantings with a cool and calm demeanor. you ask, nay, plead for the ban due to the simple fact you find yourself outmatched and outgunned at every twist this thread takes.

don't let the fear overwhelm you. embrace it. accept that you have found your better. you will only become a better person because of it.

everthine,
mr. lamat

Jed

Cipher
mr. asshat said:
it's just a game, muffin...
Oh jeez, here we go again. The logic of the fool who's painted himself into a corner. Okay mr. tehawesomeintellekt, if it's just a game!, and you are above getting hands dirty discussing the nooks and crannies of game development, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE ARGUING ABOUT A GAME?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You are not getting on anybody's nerves, you are too stupid to say anything original and/or controversial. The truth is you are fucking boring. I'm sure you think that you are so clever and that your point of view is interesting, but we have an assclown like you at least once a week here, so... do your own math.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
it has been stated, by others of thier own free will (if such a thing exists) that i am getting on thier nerves. you try and deny the talent, the astounding levels to which i take the logic and reason to make such wonderfully thought out and intellectually stimulating arguements, but you can't... you know you are outgunned and it scares you. i have come into your sheltered little existence when you freely hate on things en masse, deride and insults most heinously those who don't agree implicity and i have shaken the foundation of your faith.

at the start of this, i simply wanted to clarify a missed point offered by another poster and try to counter some of the hateful replies he was recieving. the original topic didn't interest me all that much... but now? i now understand why the author, even if he does work for a shite 'publication', said what he did. he was also totally correct. why do you have so much fear? why do you choose to manifest it as hate? why are you so utterly banal and lack anything resembling a creative spark? i already used the term 'no talent ass clown' today... couldn't you have used another insult? or is it something else... do you want to be free? if so... simply ask to be saved from the hatred and bitterness and you shall...

Rosh

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
it's relevant because i am a fallout fan. i enjoyed both one and two (bought at computer city with my own cash, btw). they were great games and did something great for the genre of rpgs, interms of choice and maturity level... there was something great about seeing cassidy yell 'take the pain, muthafucka'. fallout tactics didn't interest me, as i was had a copy of ja2 at the time and was enjoying that game. it played in a way i enjoyed, it had the character of the first, while taking it to new levels as well. i didn't get my titties in a twister cuz the deathclaws had fur in fot... there was no reason to.

That's the point, chuckles. People aren't pissed because the DeathClaws had fur. That is merely one small comparatively nonexistent element of the larger gripe - that the game merely had the name of Fallout but had none of the setting, plus it was a far poorer game than JA2. It was claimed by one MicroForté shithead to be "just like JA2 but set in the Fallout universe" when it in fact did neither. Perhaps you're the kind of schmuck that forgives people for lying like that, it would fit your rose tinted glasses. It even had elements that showed that the devs in whole or in part, really didn't understand the backstory of the game or even why there was the Great War. Only one man, Section8, of all the Fallout Tactics devs showed that he knew the Fallout backstory and setting, easily being the most important part of any game but especially so for CRPGs.

I would also like to note that your pointless personal life's story has no use in the discussion as it doesn't do a damn thing to prove you know what the fuck you're attempting to talk about, that of Fallout fans supposedly being incredibly irate over the DeathClaws possessing hair. In fact, it only does the opposite - that you are so clueless that you're resorting to DemonKing's tactic of posting any ol' bullshit in the slimmest of hopes someone would swallow it. There's no purpose to post that bullshit if it's not relevent at all.

Thank you for playing and proving that you are a clueless shit as well, and I hope the ban door does hit you on the ass on the way out.

Jed

Cipher
mr. lamat said:
it has been stated, by others of thier own free will (if such a thing exists) that i am getting on thier nerves. you try and deny the talent, the astounding levels to which i take the logic and reason to make such wonderfully thought out and intellectually stimulating arguements, but you can't... you know you are outgunned and it scares you. i have come into your sheltered little existence when you freely hate on things en masse, deride and insults most heinously those who don't agree implicity and i have shaken the foundation of your faith. at the start of this, i simply wanted to clarify a missed point offered by another poster and try to counter some of the hateful replies he was recieving. the original topic didn't interest me all that much... but now? i now understand why the author, even if he does work for a shite 'publication', said what he did. he was also totally correct. why do you have so much fear? why do you choose to manifest it as hate? why are you so utterly banal and lack anything resembling a creative spark? i already used the term 'no talent ass clown' today... couldn't you have used another insult? or is it something else... do you want to be free? if so... simply ask to be saved from the hatred and bitterness and you shall...
Hey, why get your titties all twisted? It's just a forum about games. Games are make-believe worlds, right? What's the big deal?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
mr. lamat said:
it has been stated, by others of thier own free will (if such a thing exists) that i am getting on thier nerves. you try and deny the talent, the astounding levels to which i take the logic and reason to make such wonderfully thought out and intellectually stimulating arguements, but you can't... you know you are outgunned and it scares you. i have come into your sheltered little existence when you freely hate on things en masse, deride and insults most heinously those who don't agree implicity and i have shaken the foundation of your faith.
That's better, more entertaining.

why do you have so much fear? why do you choose to manifest it as hate?
Why do you choose to use the Stars Wars cliches and pass it as bits of your own wisdom?

why are you so utterly banal and lack anything resembling a creative spark? i already used the term 'no talent ass clown' today... couldn't you have used another insult?
It wasn't an insult it was a reference, obviously for you it's a game (I used this insult, now you have to use something different), well, this game doesn't amuse me, but some of your mad mumblings do. As long as you are not boring, but don't try too hard, that's boring too :lol:

DemonKing

Arcane
Rosh said:
I would also like to note that your pointless personal life's story has no use in the discussion as it doesn't do a damn thing to prove you know what the fuck you're attempting to talk about, that of Fallout fans supposedly being incredibly irate over the DeathClaws possessing hair. In fact, it only does the opposite - that you are so clueless that you're resorting to DemonKing's tactic of posting any ol' bullshit in the slimmest of hopes someone would swallow it. There's no purpose to post that bullshit if it's not relevent at all.

I am off to Vienna for a holiday tomorrow, so this will (I promise) be my last post on this topic.

It seems to me so far Rosh that your sole claim to authority on Fallout is that you think you are "Fanboy #1". By my understanding you weren't involved in any way with the actual creation of any Fallout title...you are only, how shall I say this, a rabid fan boy who posted like a maniac on various Fallout forums? It's like I'm watching Tiger Woods play a shot straight into the bunker and commenting "That was a shitty shot" and some idiot next to me says: "You can't say that!" and when I ask why he replies "Because I'm Tiger fanboy #1 and he named his dog after me! Therefore only I can pass judgement on the Tiger".

Rather than accept the simple fact that someone who has played every Fallout title released can't remember ever hearing your name before, you acuse me of lying? Grow up. I played all the titles on release - years ago - and have played dozens of titles since, and you expect me to remember some obscure reference to you in one part of one of the games. Get real.

When I asked you to tell me your earth-shattering contribution to the series was, you aren't even prepared to tell me? A simple answer to a simple question, but no, you'ld rather rant and rave.

Well, looking back at the original gamespy article this topic is all about, I can only conclude that the author got it right...the Fallout fans can indeed be a little bit extreme.

Maybe one positive offshoot of the cancellation of Fallout 3 is that, through the miracle of selective breeding (ie: in that no respectable woman will screw a complete nerd), the Rabid Fallout Fan Gene will slowly die out and we'll be left only with people who when they think of Fallout will have vague but fond recollections of a great CRPG experience.

Signing off for a few days to spend some quality time with the girl friend. :wink:

mr. lamat

Liturgist
i'm havin' a laugh provoking the rabid fanbois...

as for you, rosh... i used the furry deathclaw angle to prove a point. many seemed irate over such a small fact, actually, many seemed incredibly hateful over it. a single run through the demo would have shown you a poor engine... regardless of how faithful it was to the fallout 'canon'. you didn't do that tho... did you? you chose to believe someone when they compared fot to ja2... that should have alerted you something was wrong. you may be the clueless one. i still have my fiddy bucks. you got all woody and just had to preorder the game. you set yourself up. now you are bitter. you have become hateful. you rant and rage against people who don't really give a fuck and feel betrayed because of it... "they have ignored the great rosh! they shall pay! i will unleash great spears of fire upon them! i will have my revenge! i will become king of the 'fot haters club' and they will have no chance to ignore me! Chris Taylor will call me and stay on the phone long enuff so i can get a release! i will prove to them how great i am!!"

word for word of your livejournal page, ain't it?

you have become a sad entity. mocked by school children and found foolish by adults], yet to unaware and irrelevant to even notice your fall. you have lost this game of reason, yet continue to flail wildly in the dark. you scream and claw at the blackness of your own ideas hoping to find the lighte... it is here, my friend, and i will allow you to bask in it's glow.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
mr. lamat said:
you have become a sad charicature. mocked by people everywhere, yet to unaware and irrelevant to even notice your fall. you have lost this game of reason, yet continue to flail wildly in the dark. you scream and claw at the blackness of your own ideas hoping to find the lighte... it is here, my friend, and i will allow you to bask in it's glow.

I was trying to refrain from humoring you dipshit, but man!- that is so fucking weak.
you can't even flame someone without sounding like some cut-rate school boy.
Isn't that copy of "catcher in rye" in your backpocket making your ass sore?

triCritical

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
i am getting on your nerves because you find yourself stifled by the intelligence and awed by the eloquence of previous retorts to your sordid insults.

Have you said anything intelligent? All you have done is insult people you pussy! And that is what you are a pussy, because you have made no rational argument except say you are da bomb and insult people.

Your a pussy, nothing more!

you find your childish and churlish insults rebuffed or ignored, whilst i continue to hammer away at your fanatical rantings with a cool and calm demeanor. you ask, nay, plead for the ban due to the simple fact you find yourself outmatched and outgunned at every twist this thread takes.

The ban was an effort to hope that this thread that has nothing but flaming to come to a cease. You are a troll and the others including myself are feeding you. I figured this board losing you would be like someone losing a rash. pussy!

don't let the fear overwhelm you. embrace it. accept that you have found your better. you will only become a better person because of it.

Finally, why the fuck would I fear you? Your an idiot troll, that likes to get flamed, I am jsut tired of this fucking thread getting bumped and wish a mod would lock it.

And in case you haven't figured it out,

your not smart, and you obviously lack a penis. Why else would you come to the message boards insulting people left and right.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
i would suggest you deal with your rage. fallout is only a game and this is only a message board on teh intraweb. you hateful stream of nonsense has shown an obvious lack of character and rationale. the insults fly freely for those of us who enjoyed the odd bioware project and dared to question the most questionable rabidity of the 'uber-1337 fallout fanboi club'. a little taste of your own medicine to hard to stomach? i do realize the calm nature in which i deliver these stellar insights has left you feeling inadequate, but, that is your problem, not mine. it was never my intention to make any remarks on said subjects either, simply to point out a flaw in the deductive capabilities of some posters inregards to statements made by demonking, who had already been suffering insults at the afforementioned less than deft hands. if you choose to challenge, you will feel the smackdown. if there had been some semblance of gentlemanly debate in good spirit, that would have been most assuredly reciprocated.

any topic which relates to rabid fanbois is also the last place to find anything resembling intelligent discussion (save for me... but these are more verbal zingers than discussion). when the walls go up, the blinders go on and the knives come out... well... there is little room for anything but feces slinging. i have managed to rise above it and offer some semblance of eloquence to this thread, but i am a rare breed. a man of grand intellect and of large penis :shock:

if at anytime something i find of value is being discussed in a rational manner, you will be most stunned (provided you learn to count to ten before reading) in the way i do deliver thoughtful discourse on given subjects... and then... you will understand.

by the way, it's "you're" not "your", muffin

triCritical

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
i would suggest you deal with your rage.

I can't I'm half irish.

fallout is only a game and this is only a message board on teh intraweb

And what does this have to do with the price of tea in china.

the and not teh.

And Internet not intraweb.

the insults fly freely for those of us who enjoyed the odd bioware project and dared to question the most questionable rabidity of the 'uber-1337 fallout fanboi club'.

Why don't Azael and Volourn get flamed off the boards. Seems like there is a flaw in your logic. Perhaps, it requires something more then just being a Bioware fan to get flamed?

a little taste of your own medicine to hard to stomach?

My own medicine? I do not go from message board to message board to flaming people. I have visited many message boards on the net, from tech boards relating to work and other relating to leisure, and I just don't flame people until they make an ass of themselves picking fights, such as yourself.

it was never my intention to make any remarks on said subjects either, simply to point out a flaw in the deductive capabilities of some posters inregards to statements made by demonking, who had already been suffering insults at the afforementioned less than deft hands.

Well aren't you the hero. Needless to say Daft and Mr. Lamat kind of go hand and hand. Its seems like Demonking doesn't need any help from an arrogant jackass such as yourself.

if you choose to challenge, you will feel the smackdown

I choose.

if there had been some semblance of gentlemanly debate in good spirit, that would have been most assuredly reciprocated.

fuck off!

any topic which relates to rabid fanbois is also the last place to find anything resembling intelligent discussion (save for me... but these are more verbal zingers than discussion). when the walls go up, the blinders go on and the knives come out... well... there is little room for anything but feces slinging. i have managed to rise above it and offer some semblance of eloquence to this thread, but i am a rare breed. a man of grand intellect and of large penis

How do you have grand Intellect. Prove it? Suffice it to say I already know your a chick!

by the way, it's "you're" not "your", muffin

SO!

mr. lamat

Liturgist
i thought i was gromnir? or am i a woman? how i have confounded and dazzled you all. the mystery created by this enigma has literally driven some bored board members to the edge of insanity. quite a showing for two days of goofing off. i really shouldn't tease lesser minds so, but they do beg for it quite willingly...

I can't I'm half irish

being irish has nothing to do with lack of proper social ettiquette. it is simply a crutch used by crackers to give themselves a tinge of ethnicity while covering up for poor behaviour. it is weak and oft taken offense to by those whom actually are what they claim to be.

And what does this have to do with the price of tea in china.

the and not teh.

And Internet not intraweb.

"teh intraweb ruulz!"

Why don't Azael and Volourn get flamed off the boards. Seems like there is a flaw in your logic. Perhaps, it requires something more then just being a Bioware fan to get flamed?

i have gone far beyond being a simple fan of bioware games (limited to BG2 and KOTOR, as i have never played NWN). i have shaken the very foundation of the group psyche here and left more than a few with a deep sense of loss and confusion. the shattenfrieda has been shattered and that is why you hurl these pathetic attempts at insult towards me. you know i am wonderful but find yourself unable to leave the dank pit of hate that has consumed you. one day you will realize this and wish to be my friend. i will accept you without judgement.

My own medicine? I do not go from message board to message board to flaming people. I have visited many message boards on the net, from tech boards relating to work and other relating to leisure, and I just don't flame people until they make an ass of themselves picking fights, such as yourself.

it is a shame you can no longer recognize your own actions.

Well aren't you the hero?

i am a reluctant hero... but one does truly need to rage against the dying of the lighte. you have been granted mercy. it now pains me to even read what vile you produce, let alone reply to it. perhaps given time, when the grevious wounds i've inflicted upon your self-esteem and sense of manhood have healed mebbe you return to a rational point of view. until then, i can only pray you're not like this in real life.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Tri, hate to break it to you; but I get flamed all the time.. I'm just not one to get so bothered by it to run away. Then again, being flamed is partly my fault since my posting style invites it - no matter the board. No one understands. :cry:

Jed

Cipher
mr. lamat said:
the shattenfrieda has been shattered
Unless you're talking about expelling Mexican art from your ass, the word you're groping for would be schadenfreude, oh Great and Mighty Intellect.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Its great seeing how such a great intellect types like a 6 year old. Not to mention accusing others of acting the way he acts, while others did not act like that. Hilarious stuff, anyway.

triCritical

Erudite
Volourn said:
Tri, hate to break it to you; but I get flamed all the time.. I'm just not one to get so bothered by it to run away. Then again, being flamed is partly my fault since my posting style invites it - no matter the board. No one understands. :cry:

the difference is we have grown to like you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom