Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial GameSpy gets pissy with Fallout fans

mr. lamat

Liturgist
wow... rampant paranoia, feelings of inadequacy and an inability to listen to reason or comprehend the statements of others. simply a stellar bunch some have turned out to be here, but i would not judge the whole bunch such poor showing from a few. still, i am disheartened.

there is a large contingent of fallout fans who are rabid and rather silly with thier opinions. they're simply like the fat dood at the water cooler who rambles on every morning about how his favourite hockey team would be so much better with him in charge. it's simply a way to compensate for a succint inability to have any bearing on something they claim to love. never took psych courses in university, so i am at a loss of what the medical term would be... but we can simply refer to it as "comic book guy syndrome" from now on. i work in the industry and you would be the last group i would ever listen to for ideas on story and plot development. thankfully, i'm also far removed from the web-propoganda teams and under strict non-disclosure agreements about the products we work on... so unlike many devs, i get to make fun of you little twats and yer silly little ideas.

unlike demonking, i do hold you silly lesser beings in contempt. the lack of respect you show your intellectual superiors is simply appalling. in a proper world, you would be in cages with the rest of your bretheren, where feces flinging is entirely acceptable.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
wow... rampant paranoia, feelings of inadequacy and an inability to listen to reason or comprehend the statements of others. simply a stellar bunch some have turned out to be here, but i would not judge the whole bunch such poor showing from a few. still, i am disheartened.

there is a large contingent of fallout fans who are rabid and rather silly with thier opinions. they're simply like the fat dood at the water cooler who rambles on every morning about how his favourite hockey team would be so much better with him in charge. it's simply a way to compensate for a succint inability to have any bearing on something they claim to love. never took psych courses in university, so i am at a loss of what the medical term would be... but we can simply refer to it as "comic book guy syndrome" from now on. i work in the industry and you would be the last group i would ever listen to for ideas on story and plot development. thankfully, i'm also far removed from the web-propoganda teams and under strict non-disclosure agreements about the products we work on... so unlike many devs, i get to make fun of you little twats and yer silly little ideas.

unlike demonking, i do hold you silly lesser beings in contempt. the lack of respect you show your intellectual superiors is simply appalling. in a proper world, you would be in cages with the rest of your bretheren, where feces flinging is entirely acceptable.

...You bought an N-Gage, didn't you?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
mr. lamat said:
unlike demonking, i do hold you silly lesser beings in contempt.
Have you spoken to a Repressed Memory Movement representative yet? You might learn wonderful things about you & your father :!:

mr. lamat

Liturgist
no, i have only been speaking to small intellects, like yourself. it is a shame you go for such cheap and poorly thought out insults. with a little creativity and thought, you might approach something resembling funny... or at least not banal. keep reaching for the stars, muffin.

Montez

Novice
mr. lamat said:
never took psych courses in university, so i am at a loss of what the medical term would be... but we can simply refer to it as "comic book guy syndrome" from now on.

So what syndrome name do you have for the comic book guy who trolls other comic book guys?

triCritical

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
no, i have only been speaking to small intellects, like yourself. it is a shame you go for such cheap and poorly thought out insults. with a little creativity and thought, you might approach something resembling funny... or at least not banal. keep reaching for the stars, muffin.

An insult is an insult. Whether you use big words and try to sound educated, or you do it like a school girl its still an insult. To say poorly thought out insults as if there is some reward for the person who can give the best.

there is a large contingent of fallout fans who are rabid and rather silly with thier opinions

Is this any difference from Bioware fans who go from board to board with their ideas of juvenile romance and story predestination taken precedence over a different design mechanism.

they're simply like the fat dood at the water cooler who rambles on every morning about how his favourite hockey team would be so much better with him in charge.

Actually I am 28, weigh 170 and am about 6 feet tall. But other then that you got me pretty much right.

i work in the industry and you would be the last group i would ever listen to for ideas on story and plot development. thankfully, i'm also far removed from the web-propoganda teams and under strict non-disclosure agreements about the products we work on... so unlike many devs, i get to make fun of you little twats and yer silly little ideas.

Oh yeah... I could work in the game industry too! If I wanted to take a 50% decrease in pay and work twice as many hours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

the lack of respect you show your intellectual superiors is simply appalling.

Renormalize two interacting fermions, which really isn't that tough, and then I will call you superior. Create a physics engine, which I have taken part of, and then I will call you superior (and it can't suck like Biowares). Master lie Algebra (He's German, not chinese). Explain to me why the W Bush inflationist are idiots, and why right wings no longer adhere to Laissez-faire ideology. Explain to me how monumental the end of Maneuver tactics was the 19th century Europe and how it actually started with Frederick the Great and not Napolean, or the difference between the Clauswitzian socio-political ideolagies and the Neo-clausewitzians, which surfaced after WW2.

You call yourself an intellectual, for crissakes you make games! Its not like you work for RAND, muffin!

Elwro

Arcane
Come on guys, do you really think anyone should take a person who says things like that:
Gromnir "mr.lamat" - self-proclaimed God said:
seriously?
The guy is either mentally ill, or is just having a great time pretending to be. mr.lamat, you could begin dreaming about being superior to me if you were able to write a double four - part fugue with stretti for string orchestra. I can provide one of my invention, if you live up to the challenge.

He claims to be superior, and we cannot be sure if he actually knows how to spell "brethren" properly.

Jed

Cipher
My favorite part is about these androids who keep repeating like a mantra that "rabid Fallout fans" are silly for making their opinions known (however loudly or otherwise obnoxiously). So what qualifier do we then reserve for all the asshats who are so affected by our opinions that they have to continually comment on them in such high-pitched whines as these?

mr. lamat

Liturgist
the question is... is anyone willing to play it? most anything is great in theory, even you, pookie.

nothing like watching the idiot wagons circle. the vitriol! the deep sense of shame you have brought upon us.

simply aknowledge when you have found your king and it will all be easier for you. we promise to make it all better, but you, our loyal subjects, must make with the exultation. while a fair amount of debate and discourse is always encouraged amongst the serfs, as you do need a break from the tedium of your mundane lives, we must remind that such things are not tolerated in our presence.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I'm sure your psychiatrist told you it would be a good idea to roleplay so your paranoias would disappear from your brain... but isn't this taking it a bit too far?

triCritical

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
nothing like watching the idiot wagons circle. the vitriol! the deep sense of shame you have brought upon us.

OR watching the idiot that continues to watch to circle. Its kind of like watching the road runner and the coyote, only idiot waits for a surprise.

simply aknowledge when you have found your king and it will all be easier for you. we promise to make it all better, but you, our loyal subjects, must make with the exultation. while a fair amount of debate and discourse is always encouraged amongst the serfs, as you do need a break from the tedium of your mundane lives, we must remind that such things are not tolerated in our presence.

Your anology is flawed. While Feudalism died centuries ago, It and the monarchy both were socially inherited class system. The Bourgeois, which most of us so called surfs are have essentially replaced you dinosaurs, due to your backward way of thinking. We learned how to earn a living and make money by actually doing something, without being so god damn pretentious. And while there were some kings such as Charlemagne there were others like you, which resemble the late english monarchs. Completely powerless and stupid just there to waste space and take up a useful persons oxygen. Hows that for some stupid analogy which actually has not bearing on the discussion at hand.

As for the tedium of our lives, "it takes one to know one"

Loser...

Elwro said:
I wonder what his "work for the industry" really is.

He's probably one of the the idiots working for gamespy. They believe, through a technicality that they work in the industry. Of course, while many of you believe this guy as Gromnir, I doubt it is.

The reason is I believe he has more character then to use a pseudonym, and is arguments... I mean lack there of... nuff said!

mr. lamat

Liturgist
we are appalled at your continued rebellion. we have accepted your lack of faith and petty insults as direct result of your character. or lack thereof. continue being small and ungreatful, if such things bemuse you. we will say no more on such trivial matters.

we work for a third party company that focuses mainly on dialogue, story and manuals. currently the project we are working on is hotly and eargerly anticipated by this sordid cast of malcontents. our intent was to build some bridges and see what people were looking for in said project... but now... mebbe we'll just go in the opposite direction of anything and everything stated by such silly children.

Elwro

Arcane
triCritical said:
He's probably one of the the idiots working for gamespy. They believe, through a technicality that they work in the industry.
OK. When he said "we promised to make it all better" I thought for about half a sec that he might be a BIS dev in disguise, expressing his anxiety that no one believes him.
Of course, while many of you believe this guy as Gromnir, I doubt it is.
Yeah, perhaps you're right. Gromnir can be extremely annoying, but has more flair.

And if I didn't write this last line he would quote "I thought for about half a sec" and said that it would be an improvement.

Elwro

Arcane
mr. lamat said:
our intent was to build some bridges and see what people were looking for in said project... .
Could you post a link so that we could verify your statement?

triCritical

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
we are appalled at your continued rebellion. we have accepted your lack of faith and petty insults as direct result of your character. or lack thereof. continue being small and ungreatful, if such things bemuse you. we will say no more on such trivial matters.

Greatful for what? All I have read is you coming here and insulting people? The hypocracy that RPG-codex is filled with a-holes is tantamount to your undeserved ego.

Instead of talking like an enigma, why don't you try to say something meaningful. I ain't going to win over the hearts of muslims by saying their Koran is full of shit. Maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror to discover the problem in this forum.

currently the project we are working on is hotly and eargerly anticipated by this sordid cast of malcontents.

If a sentence could be an oxymoron then that would be it. If its hotly and eagerly antipitated by us then you either speak russian or work for a shareware company! HA! :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
mr. lamat said:

we work for a third party company that focuses mainly on dialogue, story and manuals. currently the project we are working on is hotly and eargerly anticipated by this sordid cast of malcontents. our intent was to build some bridges and see what people were looking for in said project... but now... mebbe we'll just go in the opposite direction of anything and everything stated by such silly children.
I find it extremely entertaining. :lol:

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Well if this guy is NOT Gromnir, lets hope the two of them don't get together and mate!..yikes! :shock:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
no, i have only been speaking to small intellects, like yourself.

mr. lamat said:
simply aknowledge when you have found your king and it will all be easier for you. we promise to make it all better, but you, our loyal subjects, must make with the exultation.

Anyone else noticed the swift, but inevitable, Borg assimilation? It's eerie...

mr. lamat

Liturgist
we have chosen to amuse ourselves with the royal "us" and "we". it makes 'giving you what for' a bit more tolerable. if we were to come on here and make fun of such pathetic creatures in a first person context, we would quickly become bored and leave. by aknowledging our moral and intellectual superiority over our subjects and serfs, we find the amount of hatred and poor mannners we stir up even more fun. it's all about us.

we do wish we could discuss the project we are contracting on... if only to have you grovel at our feet... but alas, we cannot due to legal agreements. a shame really, as it would have been much fun to have an open discussion on the subject given what i know of the story arc and the flexibility of the new engine. instead you have chosen to be rude and contemptuous, not that we expected much else from such a sorry bunch... but if at least we did make the attempt. we very much look forward to having our way with you in the future.

triCritical

Erudite
I here by declare Mr. Lamat KING, of all trolls. His trolling he surpasses that of Volourn's (don't get your panties in an uproar its a joke) and is equal to only DOOMSAYER, which would be the imperial troll.

He dangle's carrots in front of us and expects us to jump at his feet. The problem is that a carrot is a cardboard cutout facade of a poorly drawn vegetable, looking like something that came out of kindergarten classroom.

He's say we are rude, but has been equally as rude to us. He says he expects are attitude to be lowly yet he makes the same hurtful comments but as a pretentious prick that sounds no smarter then the thief guarding the bridge in Arcanum.

Finally he comes to us with no credentials, no character and the wit of a jack ass.

Go Away troll.

I hereby declare you to be banned by our humble and tolerant community. The first ban I have ever called for considering some of nitwits I have seen.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
How did you know I wear panties? :?

P.S. They are pink. :shock:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom