Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Five Changes from Oblivion to Skyrim

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DraQ said:
And those perks would be associated with which skill?

There is no full skills list, so who knows. Todd did say all the functionality of the attributes is still in the game, only it's now influenced by perks. And Todd wouldn't lie. :troll:

CorpseZeb

Learned
Claw said:
The first (C)RPGs I played very very simple. Some CRPGs had just Strength, Agility and Intelligence for Melee, Ranged and Magic combat. Over time, the RPGs I played become more complex and offered many different, interesting mechanics. And now Bethesda is reducing their "RPG" formula to Health, Mana, Stamina which is - considerably - less complex than the first RPG I ever played in my life, on the C64.

Yes sir, very true. But... well, its not about stats or how many stats is there, but how stats working. Three or four basic stats (stamina, strength, health etc) are enough if they have significant role in playing, or as you wrote, offered interesting mechanics. Twenty stats are meaningless if they do nothing or not so much (first “realms of arkania” and, say, heroes phobias of strange things like spiders...) or they do too much (Jack-of-all-trades syndrome – yes – Fallout 3 - we looking at you). In Oblivion stats were rather pointless – or mere cosmetic things. Thus Oblivion is not a rpg game – so Skyrim will neither be – regardless of status of stats.

P.s Stalker and “one stat” - artifact. One stat, big changes in gameplay.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DraQ said:
We know athletic and acrobatics are gone, IIRC.

They are. It could go under light armor though, like the NV perk: speed bonus while wearing light or no armor.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
What's the point of a strong combat skill system with unlocks like this if you're not going to have online multiplayer functionality like Battlefield?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom