Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First time playing Daggerfall

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ok, not getting paid for rat killing might be a feature. Tried again, again no payment. Weird decision, but ok.
The payment is the pleasure seeing those rodents die horribly.

KILL THEM ALL!!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Also, is there a better way to grind for a low level character than doing Fighter's Guild quests? I haven't done much exploring so far.
The easiest grinding method in Daggerfall is to accept the two Mages Guild quest-types that only require you to guard an item in the Mages Guild from enemies who will appear while you wait. Kill the enemies, load all their equipment into your horse-cart, sell everything, repeat as needed, and you have enough funds for training your skills and other uses, as well as propelling your Mages Guild reputation upward.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
how do I merchant?!

you click on a merchant's shelves which brings up in the inventory, you select an item, click on buy, right? For some reason it doesn't work for me. I can't even buy a stack of arrows.

Also, is there a better way to grind for a low level character than doing Fighter's Guild quests? I haven't done much exploring so far.
You double click on it so it moves over to your side then click buy. Low level grinding can be done by knocking out half a dozen small graveyards or by doing as you’re doing with doing your guilds’ quests. Most of your rewards come in the form of loot, get a cart early on to let you load up your loot without having to leave and come back. Then you sell the loot and can use the gold to advance skills if you didn’t get enough from the dungeons. It can be kinda slow but the game is more of a career simulator than other TES games. You’re playing through several years of your character’s life progression. Stop and enjoy the world.

Hagashager

Educated
how do I merchant?!

you click on a merchant's shelves which brings up in the inventory, you select an item, click on buy, right? For some reason it doesn't work for me. I can't even buy a stack of arrows.

Unless you're playing with an overworld mod, you wont be exploring like you would in later TES games. The overworld is completely flat in vanilla DF and has shallow hills and valleys in DFU (without terrain mods). There is absolutely zero reason to travel in-real-time to any location.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom