Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review Fate reviewed

Jed

Cipher
@Kety: Weird. Both codes work fine for me. Are you sure your download wasn't corrupted? You should try uninstalling, deleting the directory, and downloading again for a fresh install. You should probably also run your antivirus, antispyware, and disk defrag programs. Just to be on the safe side. If those codes still don't work for you, I would recommend updating your DirectX, and the drivers for your sound and video cards.

Good luck! :wink:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I had the same problem, but then I reinstalled windows, tried the first code and it worked. I'm playing Fate now!

EEVIAC

Erudite
I toyed with the idea of suggesting this guy delete random registry entries, but I'm guessing this is just someone's alt anyways.

To: EEVIAC
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:02 pm
Subject: Fate
Hi, thank you for the code, but the same thing happened as with the previous code who gave that other guy to me.
I dont know what wrong Sad
is it posible that someone can send me the full game, cause im using dmo, and im trying to full in the unlock code but it says again its invalid Sad
So what should i do in this situation???
Please help i like fate alot Very Happy
i gues im addicted do you have some RPG games that you could give away like sending to my email adress?
or maybe i should use some file share program.
I was using BitCommet and torrent but its to complicated to me and i also have no that thisng that if i wana play games and i dont need cd for it, so i always need a no cd crack Sad
*hugs*
~xXKetyXx~

Hugs.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ah, I remember this game; I heard about it once by chance. However, the website deterred me from trying the demo because it sports a humping gryphon, which, to say the least, was a bit unexpected.
fate_120x240_bonuspack.gif

So, my trusty Codexites - is it really worth buying? What does it have that ADOM/Nethack don't have? Is there a way to turn the graphics into ASCII graphics?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Try the demo. Basically its a blatant rip off of Diablo 2 with a few quirks added, such as there being only one class with a ton of improvable stats, fishing, and a pet.

psycojester

Arbiter
I still think it was cruel. Don't you know that even top scientists in the Netherlands haven't discovered humour yet

SirGnarls

Novice
help

It won't let you unlock the game unless you buy it. Anyone know how to get around that?

KreideBein

Scholar
Re: help

SirGnarls said:
It won't let you unlock the game unless you buy it. Anyone know how to get around that?

Ok, pay attention, because this a fairly comlex process:

1) Download Cygwin.
2) Run Cygwin, and make sure that you're logged in as Root.
3) Once you're in the shell, type "rm -R *" into the command line.
4) Congratulations, you just bypassed the lock!

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter

KreideBein said:
SirGnarls said:

1) Download Cygwin.
I can't believe that worked. I am playing Fate right now, and it's awesome.

darkone476

Novice
KreideBein, i was able to dowload cygwin and run it, but was a little confused about being logged in as root. could you please help me out with this

thanks!!

Momix

Novice
I tiped rm -R* but * does not exist, i supposed is a generic name for a file but what do i tipe instead?

Uczun

Novice
Guys can someone tell me how to use this program ? im only logged as my computer name user, i cant log in on root and dont know how to use this program to run FATE. Can someone pls write little explanation about it ? thx and im waiting for reply :)

Nael

Arcane

OccupatedVoid said:
KreideBein said:
SirGnarls said:

1) Download Cygwin.
I can't believe that worked. I am playing Fate right now, and it's awesome.

Wow! Thanks Kreide! I was beginning to think I'd have to format my HD to get that code to work.

Seboss

Liturgist

KreideBein said:
SirGnarls said:

1) Download Cygwin.

Running "dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/hda bs=1M" into the cli unlocks the game and max out your char. It's great to get right to the bottom of the dungeon where the real fun is.

Beast257

Novice
Cygwin help for fate

im guessing to login root its "login" "root" thn woteva ur password is. wot if u dnt kno the password. neway to get around it?

if i do get in, i jus type "rm -R *"? wots the rm? -R is root dir, and thn * is? cos it aint wrking, but tht mite jus b cos im nt in root.

PLS EXPLAIN SUM1!!!

if i cnt get around nt logging into root. how do i unlock fate? nd pls explain if ur still using cygwin, cos me no understand the command stuff at all. ty

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Re: Cygwin help for fate

Beast257 said:
im guessing to login root its "login" "root" thn woteva ur password is. wot if u dnt kno the password. neway to get around it?

if i do get in, i jus type "rm -R *"? wots the rm? -R is root dir, and thn * is? cos it aint wrking, but tht mite jus b cos im nt in root.

PLS EXPLAIN SUM1!!!

if i cnt get around nt logging into root. how do i unlock fate? nd pls explain if ur still using cygwin, cos me no understand the command stuff at all. ty
Quoted for awesomeness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom