Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Famous and memorable RPG quotes

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
She is evil. A driven bitch.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
"So, what shall it be? Will you join the Unity, or will you die here? (Join! Die!)" - Fallout

mondblut

Arcane
"THE WEAK SUFFER. I *ENDURE*."

"I am a free man and I will remain free. No petty tyrant can order about a true mage."

"Shit happens, people die. Usually when I'm around."

"Something happened. Something EVIL." (the most ingenious plot hook ever)

"Thou should not do that, Avatar!"

made

Arcane
The Legacy of Kain series is a goldmine for memorable quotes, especially coupled with the top-notch voice acting.

Oh, did you say RPG?

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"You will suffer. You will all suffer! - Irenicus
"Apathy is death" Kreia
"Whats eating you chief?" Morte

tto had nice conversations with party members also.

tno after becoming one with his mortality had nice dialog

Murk

Arcane
made said:
The Legacy of Kain series is a goldmine for memorable quotes, especially coupled with the top-notch voice acting.

Oh, did you say RPG?

mos def, very cheeky too

"alas poor nupraptor... i knew him well. well, not really."

Solohk

Scholar
Vhailor was a fairly shallow character, but I did enjoy him quite a bit.

"Mercy is a shield used by the weak!"

"Let my words carry you: JUSTICE is a TEACHER. In your PUNISHMENT, gain STRENGTH. Through your PUNISHMENT, achieve PERFECTION."

Vhailor: When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.
The Nameless One: I see.
Vhailor: No, you do NOT see. Pray you NEVER will.

And of course, others have already posted tons of other great quotes from Planescape. I probably found Dak'kon to be the most interesting member of the party and "Your path is mine" sticks with me.

Moving on to KoTOR 2 I'll be highly original and post an HK-47 quote:
"Statement: Oh, yes. My master had quite the collection of tortured individuals that seemed unable to confront their basic personality conflicts. Let me cite some specific examples. [impersonates Carth Onasi] Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust you! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!" [impersonates Bastila Shan] Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate everything you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucous-covered lips together in the cargo hold!" Conclusion: Such pheromone-driven Human responses never cease to decrease the charge in my capacitors and make me wish I could press a blaster pistol to my behavior core and pull the trigger. I am pleased that this does not seem to be the case with your current entourage."

Finally, one thing Morrowind got right was the atmosphere. You are an outsider and an ex-con in a strange and xenophobic place. Upon arriving in Vivec for the first time I heard the following directed at my character:
"We're watching you... scum."

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Andyman Messiah said:
Gragt said:
"Show your face Lynx! Yer 9 lives are up!!!"
I want to kill you so hard right now, Gragt.

What have I done this time?

made said:

Oh, did you say RPG?

- Surrender, fiend, and we'll grant you a quick death!
- I could promise you the same but then it would be a lie!

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"You've gotten a lot farther than you should have... But then, you haven't met Frank Horrigan before, either. Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die..." - Frank Horrigan, Fallout 2

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Now I try to imagine if Chris Avellone and John Millius got together to make a game...

Conan's Father:
For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.
*Points to sword*
This you can trust.

Black

Arcane
Arcanum, especially Kerghan, has some awesome quotes. Can't remember any of them properly now.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
The Witcher said:
I piss on your juvenile scorn.
Icewind Dale said:
I am the beginning and the end of this story. I, and only *I*, will determine how it plays out. Goodbye.
The Witcher said:
My, how threatening that sounded. I warned you pissing upwind leads to disaster... this time you've pissed in a tornado! Kill him!

Hory

Erudite
Marcelo21 said:
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
Fixed.

Kavax

Scholar
Here are some that I remember from Fallout 2 (Quite underrated here I gather)

"I always knew the president wanted to kill everyone." -Some junkie in New Reno

"I knew I should have gone with the mono-headed brahmin." -The Great Ananias

"Stop coming to my place, ye damn tribal. Do I look like yer father or sumthing? 'cause I hope that's not the case." -Metzger

"I... uh... kinda killed your dog." -Chosen One

"(After seeing the Chosen One in a Power Armor) So, is that some new model of full-body comdom?" -Prostitute from New Reno

JrK

Prophet
Why haven't I seen any quotes from this one:

"NORMALS? They brought nuclear death upon us all..."

Also:
"die by my hand", "you will suffer, you will all suffer" Jon Irenicus

Radisshu

Prophet
Kthan75 said:
"You've gotten a lot farther than you should have... But then, you haven't met Frank Horrigan before, either. Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die..." - Frank Horrigan, Fallout 2

Fuck yeah.

Torment

"The sphere wrinkles in your hands, the skin of the sphere peeling away into tears and turning into a rain of bronze that encircles you. Each droplet, each fragment that enters you, you feel a new memory stirring, a lost love, a forgotten pain, an ache of loss - and with it, comes the great pressure of regret, regret of careless actions, the regret of suffering, regret of war, regret of death, and you feel your mind begin buckling from the pressure - so MUCH, all at once, so much damage done to others... so much so an entire FORTRESS may be built from such pain. And suddenly, through the torrent of regrets, you feel the first incarnation again. His hand, invisible and weightless, is upon your shoulder, steadying you. He doesn't speak, but with his touch, you suddenly remember your name. ...and it is such a simple thing, not at all what you thought it might be, and you feel yourself suddenly comforted. In knowing your name, your true name, you know that you have gained back perhaps the most important part of yourself. In knowing your name, you know yourself, and you know, now, there is very little you cannot do."

Black

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
Torment

"The sphere wrinkles in your hands, the skin of the sphere peeling away into tears and turning into a rain of bronze that encircles you. Each droplet, each fragment that enters you, you feel a new memory stirring, a lost love, a forgotten pain, an ache of loss - and with it, comes the great pressure of regret, regret of careless actions, the regret of suffering, regret of war, regret of death, and you feel your mind begin buckling from the pressure - so MUCH, all at once, so much damage done to others... so much so an entire FORTRESS may be built from such pain. And suddenly, through the torrent of regrets, you feel the first incarnation again. His hand, invisible and weightless, is upon your shoulder, steadying you. He doesn't speak, but with his touch, you suddenly remember your name. ...and it is such a simple thing, not at all what you thought it might be, and you feel yourself suddenly comforted. In knowing your name, your true name, you know that you have gained back perhaps the most important part of yourself. In knowing your name, you know yourself, and you know, now, there is very little you cannot do."

Fuck, I remember how happy I was while reading this, all fuzzy and warm inside. ;_;

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Beats the "Aeris get gutted like a fish" scene for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom