Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Infos surfaced

MetalCraze

Arcane
TwinkieGorilla said:
What hype? There are developers working on this game who have followers even here.
-Even- here?

It wouldn't hurt to have enough faith in them to do a good job to at least shut your sandy vaginas up until the game is released or we at least see a little more?
Haha this is just like ESF - omg it's too early to judge! Even though by now we know that Failout 3 from Obsidian will be exactly the same shooter with retarded lulz and the same dumbed down "SPECIAL". But it's too early to judge up until the game will come out and then it either will be "you haven't played it you can't criticize" or "you played it that means you secretly liked it"

Fucks sake, you guys...this is the best thing to happen to the franchise since VB died and you're all still whining little babies.
You mean the continuous rape is the best thing to happen to Fallout? Obsidian doesn't have even a 1% of talent Black Isle had, they just copy Bethesda's work here.

But this site has become a bunch of little Rosh wannabes trying too hard to hate their own mothers. At least be less banal, boring and shit than the banal, boring, shit you're hating on.
No this site became full of butthurt and dumb fanbois who are incapable of posting even a SINGLE argument why Failout New Reno 2 won't suck. Just never ending "baaaawww!". Same people who cried so hard when Beth was raping the shit out of Fallout and now when Obsidian does exactly the same things they do 180 degree flip flop and suddenly Failout 3 is awesome

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
MetalCraze said:
Even though by now we know that Failout 3 from Obsidian will be exactly the same shooter with retarded lulz and the same dumbed down "SPECIAL"

Oh shit! We do?! Oh shit! Shit!!!

You mean the continuous rape is the best thing to happen to Fallout? Obsidian doesn't have even a 1% of talent Black Isle had, they just copy Bethesda's work here

Oh shit! They do?! Oh shit! Shit!!!

No this site became full of butthurt and dumb fanbois who are incapable of posting even a SINGLE argument why Failout New Reno 2 won't suck. Just never ending "baaaawww!". Same people who cried so hard when Beth was raping the shit out of Fallout and now when Obsidian does exactly the same things they do 180 degree flip flop and suddenly Failout 3 is awesome

hotair1.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
MetalCraze said:
they just copy Bethesda's work here.

Bullshit. They try to improve upon Bethesda's work here.
Obviously, their hands are tied to the original engine (which sucks), but there's still much room for improvement within it (say, combat balance, character development balance, writing, C&C).

Generally, when you're trying to improve upon shit, there're two results you could achieve: the same shit or 卐 THE NEW SHIT 卐.
Most folks here seem to hope for the latter, that it would be better than the original FO3 shit. Nobody's here pretending it could be better than FO1/2. That would be just too much wishful thinking.

a SINGLE argument why Failout New Reno 2 won't suck

There have in fact been some arguments here. One is that Obsidian did at least some things right in MotB or KOTOR2.
And "even a 1% of talent Black Isle had" still means much more talent than Bethesda has.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Hello there, I see you're new to this forum, so allow me to save you a lot of nerves by saying that arguing with the user formerly known as Skyway is a giant exercise in futility.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Darth Roxor said:

Hello there, I see you're new to this forum, so allow me to save you a lot of nerves by saying that arguing with the user formerly known as Skyway is a giant exercise in futility.

Thanks for the tip. I got a bit carried away I guess.

Satori said:

6.[...]Personalized version of an orbital laser

fuck, this might be even worse than the Fat Man...

btw, getting a perk per level isn't inherently bad. It was sucky in 3 because most of the time you would be forced to take a shitty "+10 skill points to X" or "+10 damage to X". They just have to make it more compensating, like

-you get one perk per level, but you can choose to skip this level's perk in exchange for a better selection next level. Make it so if you skip 3 or so levels you get a good selection to choose from. The Eric Cartmans who want immediate rewards are happy, and people who want the occasional, butl good perk are happy.

-you get one perk per level, but perks have multiple stages. You start with shit ones, and gain gradually stronger versions of them as the game goes on. For example, you get a shitty Brawler perk at 2, and you can buy better versions of it every time. I think it would be good for making specialized characters, since they would get gradually better in their trade instead of having to bother with unrelated shit or get instant, huge bonuses out of nowhere (getting Slayer / Sniper in FO2 turned you into a god instantly).

MetalCraze

Arcane
Thanks for proving my point Twinkie

Crooked Bee said:
Bullshit. They try to improve upon Bethesda's work here.
Like how?
The only thing that is "improvement" so far is a hardcore(lol!) difficulty where you can't put infinite amounts of ammo into your inventory and drinking water is always a controversial design choice.
Other than that FO3: New Vegas is the exactly same shit - primitive console shooter, vats, nerfed SPECIAL, imba character with perks every level and of course LULZ like blinding special moves with a golf club into the groin and tranny mutants.

Obviously, their hands are tied to the original engine (which sucks)
Oh please. Modders can mod a hot steamy tranny sex into it and Obsidian can't mod a proper SPECIAL (at least)? Well they did mod gayass wigs into it though.

Besides the only thing Gamebryo sucks in is optimization - other than that it's pretty flexible. You can do Oblivion-delcine with it as well as Civ4-incline.

One is that Obsidian did at least some things right in MotB or KOTOR2.
Yes 3 years ago.
They also did NWN2 OC, SoZ which was a big "fuck you" to all gamers with going as low as doing voice-overs themselves instead of hiring normal voice-actors (and I had certain respect for Obsidian before such spit too), Aliens "RPG" aka Mass Effect clone 1 (yes it didn't survive, thankfully), Alpha Protocol aka Mass Effect clone 2 with sex*4 and now do a retardo-mod for Failout 3. No more free rides.

By arguments I've meant actual arguments, not "BUT AVELLONE DID PS:T (together with PS creative designer) 11 YEARS AGO!!!". Like which things are more Fallout than Failout.

I think by now it's pretty obvious that the only problem with Failout 3 was that Bethesda forgot to change their logo to Obsidian's on starting screen - in that case it would've been the best game evar

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
MetalCraze said:
Thanks for proving my point Twinkie

And thank you for being you, buddy.

p.s. not playing the Skycraze Fail-game is not synonymous with proving any point you may or may not believe you're making (valiant attempts notwithstanding).

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MetalCraze said:
Like how?

We knew up ahead they were using Fallout 3's engine and basic gameplay. That sucks, but it is what it is.

Other than hardcore mode, they're improving follower interaction, have worked on recoding the dialogue system to make for better dialogue tree design, and Sawyer is tweaking SPECIAL's implementation.

I like how we're pretending the only two available reactions are either scepiticism or hypocritical embracing of this game. That is obviously not true. I'm excited to see what Obsidian will do with the story. I'm not excited about the gameplay, or about what Obsidian will likely do with the engine and how crappy it'll be on release. No need for either extreme.

Crooked Bee

Patron
You're arguing in hyperboles, MetalCraze, dripping with saliva. I actually agree with some points in your post re: Obsidian's many failures, but how you draw those XTREME conclusions of yours totally escapes me.

EDIT: I see Brother None has already made essentially the same point.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Brother None said:
MetalCraze said:
Like how?

We knew up ahead they were using Fallout 3's engine and basic gameplay. That sucks, but it is what it is.
It isn't good for what it is though. If they won't change the gameplay the game will suck.

Other than hardcore mode, they're improving follower interaction, have worked on recoding the dialogue system to make for better dialogue tree design
Except there is not a single example of any improvement. Devs always say that they are "improving". How about showing?
Besides with Failout 3: New Vegas being the exactly same crappy shooter as Failout 3 what difference will dialogues make?
For people who want to play the (Fallout) game, not fap to dialogue trees which is the cool thing these days I mean (considering that original Fallout was pretty poor when it comes to the amounts of dialogues)

and Sawyer is tweaking SPECIAL's implementation.
Yet despite his "tweaking" it's still perk every level oh yes. Other than that what are examples of such "tweaking"?

I like how we're pretending the only two available reactions are either scepiticism or hypocritical embracing of this game. That is obviously not true. I'm excited to see what Obsidian will do with the story.
Original Fallouts didn't really have any story to begin with (basically a prologue to force you into wasteland and epilogue to show you titles, and that's it) - so any story that isn't retarded will be better. But Failout 3's problem was not just the stupid story - it was the whole damn game.
If we are to take everything into consideration don't forget that there are already several examples of how Obsidian continues to rape the setting with lulz. Not mentioning that New Vegas is an example of how Obsidian can't come up with anything new, recycling previously made stuff by other studios.

I'm not excited about the gameplay, or about what Obsidian will likely do with the engine and how crappy it'll be on release. No need for either extreme.
Well so far everything is pointing towards a clone of Failout 3, it contains Beth lulz and it's a console shooter. Can you be less sceptical about it knowing that Obsidian totally caters to casual crowd these days?
Thus New Vegas is a complete failure in my book.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
MetalCraze said:

Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down, you dig, farting out the words. It was unlike anything I ever heard. This "ass-talk" had a sort of gut frequency. It hit you right down there like you gotta go. You know when the old colon gives you the elbow and it feels sorta cold inside, and you know all you hafta do is "turn loose"? Well, this talking hit you right down there. A bubbly, thick, stagnant sound. A sound you could smell. This man worked for a carnival, you dig, and tos tart with, it was like a novelty ventriloquist act. Real funny, too, at first. He had a number he called "The Better Oh", that was a scream, I tell you. I forget most of it, but it was clever, like, "Oh, I say, are you still down there, old thing? 'Nah, I had to go relieve myself!'"

After a while, the ass started talking on its own. He would go in without anything prepared and his ass would ad-lib, and toss the gags back at him every time. Then it developed sort of teeth-like little raspy incurving hooks, and started eating. He thought this was cute at first, and built an act around it. But the asshole would eat its way through his pants, and start talking on the street, shouting out it wanted equal rights. It would get drunk, too, and have crying jags, nobody loved it, an'- and wanted.. and it wanted to be kissed, same as any other mouth. Finally, it talked all the time, day and night. You could hear him for blocks, screaming at it to shut up, and beating it with his fist, and sticking candles up it. But nothing did any good, and the asshole said to him, "It's you who will shut up in the end, not me. Because, we don't need you around here any more. I can talk, and eat, AND shit".

After that he began waking up in the morning with a transparent jelly like a tadpole's tail all over his mouth. This jelly was what the scientists call "un D.T.", undifferentiated tissue, (herr) which can grow into any kind of flesh on the human body. He would tear it off his mouth and the pieces would stick to his hands like burning gasoline jelly, and grow there. Grow anywhere . . . on him . . . grow anywhere on him a glob of it fell.

So finally his mouth sealed over, and the whole head would have amputated spontaneous.. did you know there is a condition occurs in parts of Africa, and only among negros, where the little toe amputates spontaneously?

Except for the eyes, you dig? That's the one thing the asshole couldn't do, was see. It needed the eyes. But nerve connections were blocked and infiltrated and atrophed, so the brain couldn't give orders any more. it was trapped in the skull, sealed off. For awhile, you could see the silent helpless suffering of the brain behind the eyes, then finally the brain must have died, because the eyes went out, and there was no more feeling in them than a crab's eye on the end of a stalk.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MetalCraze said:
If they won't change the gameplay the game will suck.

If they don't change the gameplay, the gameplay will suck.

On the basis of your argument, I should have dismissed Torment because Baldur's Gate bored me to tears. Same engine, same combat, same shit? Doesn't work that way.

MetalCraze said:
Except there is not a single example of any improvement. Devs always say that they are "improving". How about showing?

We've had all of two previews and you're complaining they haven't shown enough? By how many steps exactly did you jump the gun here?

MetalCraze said:
Besides with Failout 3: New Vegas being the exactly same crappy shooter as Failout 3 what difference will dialogues make?

Depends. A good way to design a game with crappy shooter mechanics would be, to me, to take out a lot of shooting and give you alternative dialogue/stealth/science path. I don't expect New Vegas to do an incredible amount of that, but from the previews, it does seem other skills open other options.

MetalCraze said:
Yet despite his "tweaking" it's still perk every level oh yes.

Does it? Where does it say?

MetalCraze said:
But Failout 3's problem was not just the stupid story - it was the whole damn game.

Sure. But not every problem was equal to every other problem. The idiotic story and rape of factions was one of the worst, to me, together with mechanics. Quest design and parts of the settings, especially in visuals, was pretty ok. If New Vegas can resolve one thing, namely story, it'll be better than Fallout 3 for it.

Learn to deal with this truth, Craze, a game isn't either All Bad or All Good. Fallout 3 was in between, leaning heavily to All Bad. New Vegas will also be in between, but looks like it might lean less to All Bad. That is a Good Thing.

MetalCraze said:
If we are to take everything into consideration don't forget that there are already several examples of how Obsidian continues to rape the setting with lulz.

I know. I'm not happy about it.

MetalCraze said:
Not mentioning that New Vegas is an example of how Obsidian can't come up with anything new, recycling previously made stuff by other studios.

So?

MetalCraze said:

Good to know you at least gave it a fair shot. Did you wait for the preview to decide this or...?

TwinkieGorilla said:

Naked Lunch, right? That was a weird film.

Pliskin

Arbiter
When you start out in the basement (FO3), the only way to go is up (New Vegas).

Unless, of course, you have a fallout shelter...

KalosKagathos

Learned
Pliskin said:
When you start out in the basement (FO3), the only way to go is up (New Vegas).

Unless, of course, you have a fallout shelter...
You think Cleve would do a worse job than Bethesda?

The Feral Kid

Prophet
All topics about Obshitian, the same fucking thing. How their hands are tied by evil publishers who won't let them do their job, and when in the end the game sucks it's not their fault. Reading any topic about them is like watching a tearjerker with their canceled games, deadlines, and dates pushed back. If they don't have creative control on their work yet it's their fault.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Errr, Feral Kid, no one is currently talking about evil publishers, and I don't recall seeing anyone bring it up in this thread, until you just did.

Fallout 3 is a fucking amazing game, you dopshits. The gameplay was very addictive, you just couldn't stop exploring the wasteland, looking for new locations, weapons, armor/clothes, trying out different solutions in quests, etc.

I personally don't give a shit if FO3's dilalogs aren't very "deep" or "intelligent", since I'm not playing a book.

God damn, sometimes I really don't understand you people. Do you play games for their story/dialogs? Do you hate popular games just because they're popular?

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Brother None said:
Errr, Feral Kid, no one is currently talking about evil publishers, and I don't recall seeing anyone bring it up in this thread, until you just did.

Where publishers replace with Beth/engine/Vats "tying" their hands for this occasion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom