Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The idea of fusion cores draining from powering a small suit of armor for a short amount of time vs staying in operation for 200 years while powering whatever generator that was in the basement for 200 years is staggeringly ridiculous. That said, I hardly bat an eye at anything bethesda does these days.

Beastro

Arcane
Beastro Relax, I wasn't being serious.

I know, we all hard our time when Bethesda sucked us in though. Mine just happened to be hopeful that someone had revived the franchise after playing mostly Morrowind and ignoring Oblivion after a release playthrough.

r658eYd.png

:flamesaw:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
For those of you who want to get most EXP as there is no level cap. Idiot savant beats high INT. So you should ALWAYS have idiot savant, more levels = more perks.

This should be your first perk.

img

This may be Bethesda way saying that's its player base are idiots, because the best effects you get the bigger idiot in-game you are ! :M

Untill you get boosted 15 INT.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Also save scumming works for idiot savant, so you can save/reload before turning quests to get teh most exp.

People reporting that you get 1500+ exp for quests at start.

Sankarihauta

Prospernaut
They're in a wooden building still up for 200 years. In a game where a crashed veritbird and power armour have been sitting since the war untouched on top of a building still standing after all that time. What do you think?

No. Bones are just a pile of pieces without ligaments and muscle holding them in place.

it's a pencil.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
And the idiot savant perk can trigger on quests, which can give you several levels in one go.

It is level bound btw, so for now im stuck on 3x exp. It triggers fairly often with 1 int. The corresponding animation and sound effect are pretty terrible though.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
did they remove the player choice/morality/karma from quest or gameplay design apart from the main story? the only thing i feel i have any influence on is the way the followers respond to my actions if they are present. de'fuck is this farcry

msxyz

Augur

1:13- Always nice to see the modders have their priorities straight. Grab it before it costs 5$ gentlemen.

This is the reason why Skyrim is still so popular (always rankin in the top 20 of Steam, often also in the top 10) after four years. :bounce::bounce::bounce:
I bet in one month or even less, the daily number of players for Fallout 4 will fall below Skyrim... The amount of nude quality mods still developed for Skyrim is incredible. :hahano:

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Proof that F4 is hardcore RPG: You have to save scumm to get most XP out of quests :troll:

Tom Petty

Literate
Proof that F4 is hardcore RPG: You have to save scumm to get most XP out of quests :troll:

Who would have thought (inadvertently) incentivizing save scumming would be the closest Bethesda would get to making an RPG in 2015.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So my new build , starting with idiot savant

S : 3
P : 3
E : 1
C : 3
I : 6
A : 1
L : 10

Should be fun.

Kudos to Bethesda for making the Luck build probably the most usefull out of all Fallouts, as the legendary monsters and weapons/armor are tied to luck now, and people say Bethesda cannot innovate!

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Trademark Bethesda design right there. INT increases exp gains so in order to have most experience take 1 INT. Similar to "if you want to be a good warrior take as few warrior skills as class skills as possible" from the TES games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom